The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    raocow tiem
    "masculinity, the most tragic of all faiths" - raocow
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I like watching people play shmups maybe more than I like playing them, because the good players show off all the really cool things in the game. :)
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Svu
    law & order: suv
    Bates shmup
  • Is it me, or has The Avengers been released every year for the past three years?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I introduced #yackfest to the thought of Wilfred Sellars and we had a discussion about the Myth of Jones.

It was fun.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-07-12 23:56:14
    So The Walking Dead: The Game is pretty baller

(see more in the Video Games thread)
  • I have no idea where that thought came from.

But until like, right now, I had no idea what year that movie was released.
  • TreTre
    edited 2013-07-12 23:59:07
    Uh, yeah, it came out last year.

You may be thinking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which has been active since '08 or so. But The Avengers as a whole only came out in May/September of 2012.
    I wish I could go to Comic-Con but I forgot about buying badges again.
  • Tre said:

Uh, yeah, it came out last year.

You may be thinking of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which has been active since '08 or so. But The Avengers as a whole only came out in May/September of 2012.
    Man, I don't know what I was thinking. But that is a temporally displaced movie for me. 
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Samidare

Samidare, an offshoot of Seihou, which is in turn an offshoot of Touhou. Interesting. :D
  • Ugh. Still not working.
    print('Enter HP.')

numbers = '0123456789'

yourHP = ' '

if yourHP not in numbers or int(yourHP) > 20 or int(yourHP) < 1:
            print ('Please enter a number between 1 and 20.')
            yourHP = input()

print('HP:' + ('|' * int(yourHP)))

AUGH

SUCH A SIMPLE MISTAKE

Kexruct said:

print('Enter HP.')

numbers = '0123456789'

yourHP = ' '

if while yourHP not in numbers or int(yourHP) > 20 or int(yourHP) < 1:
            yourHP = input()

programming

a game of extreme precisosity
    *is too dumb to learn codes* That is what I am supposed to learn in college but I am just going to fail and I literally am signing up so I can have health insurance, and also so I don't get bothered to seek employment again, which is chasing an invisible goose through a corn field.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Yeah. Indeed it is.
    Without health insurance I don't get therapy and drugs. ^_^
    I think you could learn it if you really wanted to, Miko-chan.
  • edited 2013-07-13 00:33:49
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ummmmm ok if *you* think so then I think so :3
  • Learn Python with me!
    Hmmmm. I should learn Python at some point.

The problem is that if I learn Python I'm afraid I'll refuse to go back to other languages.
    hmmmm ok :)
  • edited 2013-07-13 00:39:39
    ^^All that means is that Python is especially good.

But I doubt it. I've heard Python is actually very limited. That aside, Bunny, are you a programmer?

^...

I honestly wasn't expecting you to say yes, but I'm very happy you did.
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the font changed on the forum! Anonymous Avenue thought I wouldn't notice but I noticed. ;D
    Kexruct said:

^^All that means is that Python is especially good.

But I doubt it. I've heard Python is actually very limited. That aside, Bunny, are you a programmer?

^...

I honestly wasn't expecting you to say yes, but I'm very happy you did.
    Working on a computer science major and I have some experience with Java, C (and C++ and C# but we can mostly lump those together), VB, and Haskell.
    One time I messed with some Danmakufu scripts to replace a touhou character with a squid that shoots lasers. :)
    wish I knew how Alex Lifeson got his tone on Moving Pictures

it's just...unearthly
    ok soooo now I must go and fetch the magical Python interpreter, which will translate snake-code to computer-speak.
    I have been warned by a cartoon penguin to use Python 3 instead of 2. :o Point taken. :D Liveblogging python like a baws.
    KO 1S TH1S YOU >:?

Now injecting my computer with the elixir known as python. Will its venemous fangs cause a fantastic metamorphosis?

I got reminded of my body horror dream where I mutated into a monster. ^_^ Speaking of which I may or may not make a thread for epic dreams.
    :D
    ko what if you had heavy metal hair, the kind that those metal guys swish around when they play ze guitars on ze stages? :3
  • edited 2013-07-13 01:07:34
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I want this forum to change its color scheme to something warm and autumnal in September. :) If I were an ~ADMIN~ I could probably do that. The new font is very ok btw.
    gawd I read so slow
  • print('Enter HP.')

numbers = list(range(1, 21))

yourHP = ' '

while yourHP not in numbers:
            yourHP = input()

So right now inputting a non-numerical character causes an error as the program tries to convert it into an integer, rather than simply printing "Please enter a number between 1 and 20." like I want it to. Any tips?
    sooo I have something called a shell, but this is the magic sort of egg where the shell takes codes and gives it to the programming yolk :)
    wait Anonymous Avenue did you edit my post you mischievous ponies

~ADMIN~
    wait no this font actually changes tildes to dashes. :p
    Kexruct said:

print('Enter HP.')

numbers = list(range(1, 21))

yourHP = ' '

while yourHP not in numbers:
            yourHP = input()

So right now inputting a non-numerical character causes an error as the program tries to convert it into an integer, rather than simply printing "Please enter a number between 1 and 20." like I want it to. Any tips?

Well admittedly, I don't know how Python works, but in other languages it would be rather simple to typecast yourHP as an integer, such that it would not accept any input other than numbers.
    Aside from the line numbers, be sure to enter the code exactly as it appears. Notice that some of
    the lines don't begin at the leftmost edge of the page, but are indented by four or eight spaces. Be
    sure to put in the correct number of spaces at the star
    t of each line. (Since each character in IDLE
    is the same width, you can count the number of spaces by counting the number of characters
    above or below the line you're looking at.)
    hmmmm I always thought those were tabs not like a bunch of spaces in programming o_o

"KO 1S TH1S YOU >:?"

no.
    this font changes tildes to dashes below a certain size. If you go big enough it doesn't do that. I think.

moogoo~