The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    But if you grew big metal hair? :3
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    ~
    In rebellion I will always type at size 3.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    In another universe, I could have Patchouli-hair
    This font change is like sooooo disorienting, like snapping me out of my drunken heaper-trance that keeps me refreshing the front page like 10 times.
  • edited 2013-07-13 01:20:00
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    In another universe, I could have Patchouli-hair
    Why not now, if you want to have it? :) If they ask questions at work you can say that you are turning into an anemic magical girl and getting a job as a librarian.
    Yes, I'm sure that would shut them up.

Anyway, it would take a lot of purple hair dye.
    hmmm I just learned that Patchy is not a youkai. :o
  • edited 2013-07-13 01:21:53
    Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    ooooh, okay, I think I have the answer to your problem Kex

python has a method for strings called isdigit, so I think if you changed your while loop to something like

while yourHP.isdigit() is not False and yourHP is not in numbers

It would work!

Granted, I haven't used Python so this is theoretical, but give it a shot!
    Anyway, it would take a lot of purple hair dye.
    You could just bathe in some hair dye. :)
    Koopas, however, are Youkai.
  • Alright, hold on a second.

Although it is reassuring that my biggest mistake was just not knowing the method in question, rather than a fundamental misunderstanding.

Thanks Bunny!
    Chapter 2 of this 473-page textbook. :)
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Kexruct said:

Although it is reassuring that my biggest mistake was just not knowing the method in question, rather than a fundamental misunderstanding.

Thanks Bunny!
    You would be surprised at how often that tends to be the case.
  • Well, it didn't work, but I'll wait until I've learned quite a bit more to try anything ambitious.
    n programming (and also in mathematics), whole numbers like 4, 0, and 99 are called
    integers
    Numbers with fractions or
    decimal points (like 3.5 and 42.1 and 5.0) are not integers. In Python,
    the number 5 is an integer, but if we wrote it as 5.0 it would not be an integer. Numbers with a
    decimal point are called
    floating point numbers
    . In mathematics, 5.0 is still consider
    ed an
    integer and the same as the number 5, but in computer programming the computer considers any
    number with a decimal point as not an integer.
    :o

I already feel smart now ^_^
  • gggggrrrrrAAAAAAHHHH

y'know

i've decided, man

if i can make elaborate games using powerpoint

i should totally learn this stuff

i NEED TO
    Powerpoint games? :D That sounds fun.

When I was younger I used to do very silly Powerpoint presentations for school sometimes. :3 I did many things in a silly manner.
    Experimentation suggests that Python knows proper order of operations when no parenthesis are used in an unnecessarily long math problem.
  • Yep. When I first learned about hyperlinks my first thought was "I could totally use those to make games." And then I learned about stuff like animation and mouseover links and stuff like that.

One of the first thing I realized is that, unlike say GameMaker or RPG Maker, since there is no "failure" state, I have to define all the states on my own, and I really appreciated that freedom.
  • The vocalist from "Get Lucky" remind me of Mai Yamane for some reason.
    8-bit sound effects
  • edited 2013-07-13 01:43:44
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Experimentation suggests that the variable in a variable statement always has to go on the left and the expression on the right; otherwise it will be an error. I foresee this becoming a recurring theme in syntax errors. :)
    One of the first thing I realized is that, unlike
    say GameMaker or RPG Maker, since there is no "failure" state, I have to
    define all the states on my own, and I really appreciated that freedom.
    It's like a sketchbook vs. a coloring book. :D

• The sadness will last forever.
    FOE

FOE

FOE
    oooooh it does auto color coding. I love that! :D
    If I actually learn to create a computer game I am just going to waste this ability on kaleidoscopic puzzle-shmups that are way too difficult and also mesmerizing so when you try to fall asleep you see bullet patterns and then you have to wake up and play some more.
  • edited 2013-07-13 01:55:18
    Miko + Imipolex G team up to create a Touhou/Mario crossover fangame where Harry Potter's son aspires to become his hero, Arnold Schwarzenegger, but must along the way contend with evil turtles and the magical girls who command them. Also, Mr. T and his best friend Cloud Strife are planning world domination from the shadows. Indiana Jones, now geriatric and obese, is a recurring boss in a robotic scooter that has many weapons.
    Everybody died. You are all alone Miko. Sit in your corner and imagine Guile's muscly naked body, and then then climbing on top of him while his music theme plays. Except it's fake lol. All of humanity died to ice-9.
    Boko-maru? Bokononism? Imaginary Guile is not having any of that!! :o He is satisfied too, so he mostly just wants you to cook his dinners while you survive the wintry apocalypse.
    I bet if I were a dog I wouldn't be able to read signs. >_>
    If I were a dog I could be a "bitch." :3
    If I were a dog I would probably not be able to see red, but I would be able to smell like a whole bunch of different things. I would probably lick a lot of really gross things.
    Tiredmiko does not want to go to bed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    lol Fluttershy literally had an abusive rabbit boyfriend does anyone remember that
    What was even the thing with ponies? Like, why were we all so enthralled with ponies?
    I spent like 20 - 30 hours of my life watching cartoon ponies. o_o
    wait a second I love cartoons and I spent a lot more hours than that watching Japaneze animay ;3
    because plot
    it is too hot in this room
    Guile doing 500 push ups while I lie under him so if he fails I get crushed under the weight of his muscles. His theme plays, and then he fails and I am crushed by Guile's muscles. :3
    You know, 500 push ups FOR AMERICA.
    I went home in shame to be a family man.
  • edited 2013-07-13 02:14:32
    it is too hot in this room
    I turned down the house's temperature slightly; I hope mommy will not notice and get upset. ^_^ I like when houses are FREEZING FREGGING COLD.
    Except in winter, then I like it being really warm all the time.

omg it will be autumn soon~ Miko loves autumn more than any other
  • edited 2013-07-13 02:16:13
    bedtime
    Learn Python while you sleep with the Python dream helmet!!!! New from Miko Industries.
    fudge it did the tilde-dash thing again >:/
    let me try that again

omg it will be autumn soon~