But the platforms are meaningless!

how so
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    RANDOM HOME FRIES AT 1:50
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I've been craving home fries recently.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Aliroz_ said:

Can someone remind me what the difference is between Democrats and Republicans?

Republicans are the party of greed, Democrats are the party of lust.
  • edited 2013-05-08 13:48:19
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    But, Imipolex, both Greed and Lust are deadly sins.  What about the party of temperance, prudence, chastity, gratitude, humility, faith, and hat-wearing?

Look, they both say that they want to help America achieve and maintain greatness through ways which will benefit the people living in America; in a moral, practical, and feasible way.

They both claim to want to protect people's rights; good education,and scientific progress.  Both want to help the poor, women, and people with disabilities.  Both want to support NASA and the space program.

Both say that they're going to take a stand against human trafficking.
  • Aliroz_ said:

Look, they both say that they want to help America achieve and maintain greatness through ways which will benefit the people living in America; in a moral, practical, and feasible way.

They both claim to want to protect people's rights; good education,and scientific progress.  Both want to help the poor, women, and people with disabilities.

Both say that they're going to take a stand against human trafficking.

and?

TYPE: firewall bird
    ELF: frog
    ABLE: more

INFORMINGS:
    Spit melting fire boudles to fly with wings.
    Tail flare white when angry and grow when fire breath.
    Fire become stronger when battle harshly.

【OUJIDE DR ILLUSTRATED HANDBOOK OF ELF ENTRY:】
    NAMING: SNAKE
    ELF: FIR

?FIGHT EXPERIENCE RISED TEMPERATURE OF FLAME RISE.

• sunn wolf said:

yo sunnybro

so the rx bandits are pretty great

i feel you needed to know that

i already know that

did you know they are reuniting and doing some kind of 10th anniversary tour for The Resignation

also i am seeing them for free because im working at leeds festival this year and they are playing there

nono i felt you needed to know that i now know the truth

i thought they didn't really break up but whatever man that is pretty fucking boss
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    And that means that they want to fix the same problems for the same reasons.

So, if the democrats are all like, "vote for us and things are going to be great!" and the republicans are all like, "vote for us and things are going to be great!" and then I don't know which one to choose and I can't choose and I'm all Buridan's Donkey about it.

So, things are going to get better either way?
    Aliroz_ said:

But, Imipolex, both Greed and Lust are deadly sins.  What about the party of temperance, prudence, chastity, gratitude, humility, faith, and hat-wearing?

nobody with that kind of attitude would get elected
  • I'd just be repeating myself anyways, so why bother trying to explain anything. I'll just coincide their idiocy and have a better day instead of trying to condense my words for idiots to understand.
    especially not the hat-wearing
  • edited 2013-05-08 13:54:13

Aliroz_ said:

And that means that they want to fix the same problems for the same reasons.

So, if the democrats are all like, "vote for us and things are going to be great!" and the republicans are all like, "vote for us and things are going to be great!" and then I don't know which one to choose and I can't choose and I'm all Buridan's Donkey about it.

So, things are going to get better either way?

No, while they both have the same general goals i.e. making this country a better place, but they disagree on what the problems are.
  • The problem is that they can't agree on what the problems are.

Oxymoronical existence achieved!
    (2015 self)
    Well, why can't I vote for both and have the republicans fix the problems the way that they want to and the democrats fix the problems in the way that they want to and then they both get to fix things.

Or, why don't republicans and democrats work together on the things that they agree are problems, like human trafficking, and do something about that?
  • There are no words that I could say to actually communicate my point of view to you, your head is too stupid to for any kind of words to make it through.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

There are no words that I could say to actually communicate my point of view to you, your head is too stupid to for any kind of words to make it through.

Don't be mean.
    (2015 self)

There are no words that I could say to actually communicate my point of view to you, your head is too stupid to for any kind of words to make it through.

Yay!
  • Odradek said:

Don't be mean.

• edited 2013-05-08 14:02:59
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    pff at this discussion
    (2015 self)

pff

Parasitic Flesheating Feline?
  • That wasn't actually directed at anyone in particular, though if you've been to IJBM, you can probably guess why I made that statement, as for being "mean" that's rather disingenuous don't you think.
  • pff at this discussion

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

That wasn't actually directed at anyone in particular, though if you've been to IJBM, you can probably guess why I made that statement, as for being "mean" that's rather disingenuous don't you think.

yo MAMA's disingenuous.
    (2015 self)
    Awww, I thought that I'd gotten someone to say something interesting about me.

Like when Fighteer said

"ATC, if you are genuinely that ignorant, do us all a favor and lurk rather than post.
    "
  • you shouldn't seek negative attention Aliroz.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

pff at this discussion

pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff
    Looks like someone got what I meant by "pff". ;)

• pff at this discussion

Looks like someone got what I meant by "pff". ;)

well I didn't think you meant DatPiff
  • edited 2013-05-08 14:16:16
    (2015 self)
    I don't. It's just, my opinions tend to elicit that kind of response. 

And people assume that I'm being trolling and sarcastic sometimes when I'm sincerely saying what I think. And that's why I don't talk about certain things at this site.

so yeah.
  • Sorry Aliroz, but it was not pointed at you. and I already know that statement wouldn't do anything really. I've already tried being smug and dismissive towards other people, turns out that didn't work, but if it turns out that nothing would work regardless, then I may as well try to mentally elevate myself rather than beat myself up trying to find better words when that kind of thing might be pointless.
  • I think maybe y'all

just need to chill and drink something delicious

(2015 self)

Sorry Aliroz, but it was not pointed at you. and I already know that statement wouldn't do anything really. I've already tried being smug and dismissive towards other people, turns out that didn't work, but if it turns out that nothing would work regardless, then I may as well try to mentally elevate myself rather than beat myself up trying to find better words when that kind of thing might be pointless.

Stupid, bigoted, annoying, close-minded, rude, people are people, too.  They have feelings and insecurities and sometimes, underneath their opinions, can be good friends. 

-shameless idealist-
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Mojave: I meant in comparison to what Aliroz said it was.

Aliroz: I didn't think you were being sarcastic. I just didn't agree with what you were saying. In retrospect, maybe I should've found a better way of phrasing that than "pff". I think I just sometimes don't think about what I say before I say it. This place is all about expressing your thoughts and feelings. I'm sorry if I helped you to think otherwise.
  • edited 2013-05-08 14:30:51
    (2015 self)

Mojave: I meant in comparison to what Aliroz said it was.

Aliroz: I didn't think you were being sarcastic. I just didn't agree with what you were saying. In retrospect, maybe I should've found a better way of phrasing that than "pff". I think I just sometimes don't think about what I say before I say it. This place is all about expressing your thoughts and feelings. I'm sorry if I helped you to think otherwise.

Nah, I mean that I don't talk about, say, religion and
    book-burning and nooks/kindles/ebooks and all that kind of thing that
    gets me riled up.  Nobody likes the drama, including me.

When I was talking about people assuming I was sarcastic, I meant on other forums; ones not dedicated to anorakia and nonsense.

And, I like the response pfffffffff.  It's like you're trying to hold in a laugh; so I've done something amusing. 

I know I can say what I think and feel here; within reasonable bounds of not-making-drama; and I never thought otherwise.

Anyways,

This image makes me laugh every time.
    Urrrrgggh.

Overhauling your entire personality is hard enough IRL, why do I have to do it online.
  • Can... can I just marry Natasha Bedingfield's voice? Please?

#christ,_she's_the_guiltiest_of_pleasures #and_it's_glorious
  • /shrug,

How should I know.
  • Odradek said:

Urrrrgggh.

Overhauling your entire personality is hard enough IRL, why do I have to do it online.

what?

I dunno man on my part I'd just like to talk to you normally more, as opposed to that thing you do a lot where you just post something copypasted from somewhere.

Tre said:

Can... can I just marry Natasha Bedingfield's voice? Please?

#christ,_she's_the_guiltiest_of_pleasures #and_it's_glorious

this is what gay marriage leads to, people
  • edited 2013-05-08 14:44:46
    We can do anything if we do it together.

ah, gotcha now

Good to know I didn't do anything to negatively impact you. I tend to assume I've done something wrong when I actually haven't. I suppose that's what happened here. 

I won't stop saying stuff like "pff", BTW. There are quite a few people out there who are daft enough the only appropriate response is "pff". I just didn't necessarily think you were one of them.

Now that we're cool again, here's a random Archie panel:

All I have to do online is talk to people. It's not like real life where other stuff is required.

So why do I feel like way more of a hopeless irritating loser in here than out there?
  • King of the trashheap Hill.
  • Odradek said:

All I have to do online is talk to people. It's not like real life where other stuff is required.

So why do I feel like way more of a hopeless irritating loser in here than out there?

well, talking to people online can be harder due to the lack of nonvocal cues.
  • Odradek said:

Professor plum did it, in the library, with the giant foam noddle.

• I love Clue, but can you imagine a modern redrawn version of it.

A giant foam noddle is the deadliest weapon I could envision!
  • Hugeball Bagfuck

I love Clue, but can you imagine a modern redrawn version of it.

A giant foam noddle is the deadliest weapon I could envision!

My mom used to try to get me to play Clue and I never understood it.
    (2015 self)
    You're not irritating to me, Odradek.
    I know, not everyone online who knows me hates me.

Just a very vocal 40-50%
    (2015 self)
    Screw those people.
  • Odradek said:

I know, not everyone online who knows me hates me.

Just a very vocal 40-50%

Formaldehyde isn't 50%.

also honestly you do have an odd tendency to like

I don't really know how to put this

you sort of underexplain things. Like when something's bothering you you tend to not give context and just do that copy/paste thing I was talking about earlier.

But really, if anybody actually hates you for that then they're not worth your time anyway. Everyone has flaws.