Heaper Updates

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assateague_Island I went here today!

It was cool. There were wild horses and the beach was so full of mole crabs you could grab a handful of wet sand and feel them wriggling in your hands. There were hermit crabs too!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    *Pushes Lumine into the hole*

Oh no, hole is filled. Guess there's only one option, then
  • edited 2012-08-03 21:01:02
    Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    I did something right!

I correctly defined the difference between further and farther.  I can now stand tall, or rather, short.

Guys... was Super Lazuli right in what he said about me?
  • edited 2012-08-03 21:04:03
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    That post was really long, so I don't know.
  • edited 2012-08-03 21:06:19
    Lumine, you are right. I'll compose a post immediately. It will contain only the letters l, k, z, and x.
  • edited 2012-08-03 21:09:02
    I have an ebook full of public domain novels so I can say that about any post.
  • Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    It

[[quote: ^^Dude have you maybe considered that the best response to any percieved slight against you is to do something other
    than have a combination emotional breakdown persecution complex
    outburst? Calm down dude, I don't even really care about this that much,
    and you really should not either because I am fully content to let you
    believe whatever you want to believe. 

But no, you have to be seen as the poor persecuted angel or something. Stop it, dude, for the love of God. This is not worth flipping out over, and frankly you doing all this is way more annoying to me than any font elitist could ever be.]]

• Can you kindly not drag this on? Because that is clearly, transparently, what you are trying to do.

Stop.

Thank you.

• Never be with0ut a Hat!
    (2010 self)
    Okay.

Lazuli, should I leave the hangout?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Not Läzuli here, but maybe you should just take a break.
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    I stumbled upon a webcomic that stars a hippie lesbian that drifts from house to house and a woman who woke up with her in her bed having no idea where she came from

...Yet that just does not do it justice. The comic is just... I'm not even sure what the hell I'm reading o.o
    Is it that roomie thing that I keep seeing ads for on mspa?
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    ^ Yep
  • ⊗¯\_(ツ)_/¯⊗
    Also, sleepy time now. Need to be up early to bike and draw and draw and bike
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    But what about drawing a bike?
  • Oh, whoops. Tre's been wanting to know how my One X is going...

...and I'm proud to say it's going awesomely so far. The only problem I've had with it is that I couldn't root it without wiping all my personal data (so protip: if you're going to unlock the bootloader on a HTC One X, then do it as soon as possible). Also there's a crack in the top-right corner of the screen from when I dropped it last week, but I don't personally see that as a problem since the crack hardly obstructs anything at all.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    dalaklgagddggadg;lasgkjalkj;fdskdaslfkjasd;lkfja;lskdfj;laskdjf;laskdjf;laskdjf;laskd
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    My work schedule has grabbed hold of my time like a vicious dog and won't let go. So, sorry about my absence and the likeliness that it will continue for a bit.
  • all work and no play makes justice a dull boy
    ^^I wondered if that's where you had went.

i miss fouria g
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I miss Idler
    I think he's still on TVT if you want to talk to him.

ugh, i wish i were more interested in things.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    What things?
    just things in general, really.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I've become addicted to a Super Mario level editor, which is why my posting has decreased in the past couple of days.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Fun things are fun. *hug*
    My sudden anti-corporate streak feels strange to me.

Probably because I used to babble about the endless fascination I derived from them.
  • Recently, I got a new expensive desktop for home because I'm taking my Gateway to the GCU dorm. This new desktop is an iBuyPower model with Intel CORE i7 and an Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti card, and 16 GB of DDR3 RAM. However, the most notable thing about this sucker is the case: it's an NZXT (I think?) case with water-cooling. That means that tubes run along the inside of the case, absorbing the internal heat and carrying it to fans that radiate it out of the case.

It's pretty frickin' awesome, but there's this sort of buzzing/rattling noise at the front of the case, near what is presumably a fan or the water pump. Hopefully nothing's loose...
  • Hello...
  • No one is here for the most part this time of night, day for you I suppose.

I of course should be asleep, may go to sleep shortly, sorry about that.
  • It's okay. It's nearly 10am here, I should be doing some schoolwork... But too tired and blarg.

Goodnight, then!
    It's bizarre to me that it's only been four months that we've been on this version of the site. It feels like forever ago that Lee was setting it up for us...
  • It does, doesn't it?

The old site seems so... old. Like, the same, but not.
    TIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIME
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    draft saved at 11:09 AM
    what no i didn't write anything yet
    You've been drafted, son. Report for duty.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    is it ok if i just move to canada instead
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm reading the latest thread about the Apple-Samsung suit on The Verge, and I'm wondering just when it turned into fucking Slashdot. :P
  • The Verge... the writing is top-notch but the comments, as always, are stupid. Usually.

It's much better than Engadget though. (And Engadget's better than Giz.)
  • edited 2012-08-27 13:17:09
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yeah, the writing is excellent. The comments...they're not the soul-rending nightmare that is YouTube comments, but just like Slashdot, there's also a lot of smug know-it-alls spouting misinformation, OS fanbois going on about how Android sucks because Apple can clearly do no wrong, etc.

If there's anything I don't miss about /., it's the know-it-alls and the fanbois. :P
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    To wit:

You are an outrageous troll that seems to not understand the outcome of some of this could be worse for the market in the end

You are an outrageous fandroid (sorry, had to stick with the outrageous trend. You are probably just a down-home, good ’ol fandroid) who only looks at the negatives of this case instead of the positives.

GO BACK TO SLASHDOT, ALL OF YAS. BLOODY HELL. >:P

• edited 2012-08-27 13:42:49
    ಠ_ಠ
    My "eat more healthy" thing has failed. Peh.
    Yeah, that always fails for me.

Eating in general is a drag