Heaper Updates

Comments

• I eat when I'm sad. And then I get sad because I've eaten fat stuff. So I eat even more far stuff and feel even more sad.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oh god, I know how that goes...
  • It sucks...
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The good news: The oven is back together, and both fuses have been replaced. 

The bad news: The "Enter" key is damaged (some of the plastic on the back of the switch is deformed), and the oven won't work properly without it. 

The ugly news: Whirlpool (or, rather, $ear$ Part$) wants $30 for this tiny little switch. $30 for somthing that could easily be replaced by a $7 Rafi switch from Digi-Key. My reaction: 

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    ...how much did the oven cost?
    I forget now. We got it in IKEA's as-is department, but apparently the problem with the self-cleaning mode blowing the fuses is common with Whirlpool wall ovens in general.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Finally started serial experiments: lain last night. It's truly fantastic.
  • Finally started serial experiments: lain last night. It's truly fantastic.

it's a pretty boss show.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    I'm sad.

Hope I can take a nap all day or something.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Gah.

I lent a guy I know a movie, and now his dad watched it and my mom is angry I let out neighbors judge our film preferences.
    They judged them?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Anonus said:

They judged them?

Yes, apparently!
    ...that must have sucked.
    Incidentally, I got the oven working again Monday, and it has two new switches ($2 each from Digi-Key; some soldering and a few seconds with the Dremel were all the extra work needed). Also, it turns out there's a third thermal fuse on the controller board, in the 24-volt line, rated at 130 Celsius...it was dead, too. :P I just bypassed it and now the oven works, though I have to wonder if its cooling fan is staying on like it's supposed to.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Ain't none of your neighbors' business what movies you like.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Lee reminded me: I wired up my traffic light with a controller the other day.

I had to do some weird things (like taking two small pieces of wire and connecting them with a wire nut because I didn't have a long enough single wire) but it seems to work well enough and it hasn't electrocuted anyone yet...

It cycles a bit too fast for my tastes, though...green 31 seconds, yellow 5 seconds, and red 31 seconds. I need to adjust it but that requires opening it up and I'm too lazy
    I'm not tired.
    More from the "things I found out just now" file: That how sax on Brenda Lee's version of "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree"? That's none other than Boots Randolph. 

Who's that? Well, this might help:

Also, I have Swype on here again. We'll see how it goes.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:
    I rather like that. It very nicely sums up how I feel about a lot of things.

Maybe that's why I feel so strongly attached to and inclined to defend pessimistic philosophical viewpoints while being a very optimistic person at large.
  • Fun with phase music.
  • edited 2012-09-09 17:00:00
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Pics or didn't happen
    I can't inline here because Droobox hates me, but the link should take you to a picture.
  • ...Why are parts of your face so red?
    Eczema from my CPAP mask, if they're on my cheeks.
    I had a growth spurt over the summer.

I tried on all my old jeans, and only one pair fit.

Inconvenient.
    I've been at the hospital with my granny, mom and the stepdad most of the evening, and it turns out Granny has pancreatitis and may have passed a gallstone. They haven't found any evidence of a heart attack so far.
    Heart attack?
    Yeah, she was really sick over the weekend, and my aunt initially thought it might be a heart attack.
    Oh.

I hope she's okay.
    Thanks...
  • :[

I hope she recovers soon, Lee.
    oooooooooh, fuck you too, Chromium, WebGL was working just fine on my Optimus machine until YOU FUCKERS BLACKLISTED IT. :P
    Can you take it off the blacklist?
  • 1991th post. Year of my birth. Yaaay! :D
  • edited 2012-09-14 09:53:10
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I want Mary Janes...
    AU: There's a way to disable the blacklist completely, but you have to launch Chromium from the command line to do it. A minor annoyance, but it works.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    So apparently, I got promoted to corporal.

wooo?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Now there's two corporals here.

...it's the official Heap rank, I guess.
  • edited 2012-09-21 19:36:10
    The sadness will last forever.
    Jury duty on the 15th of next month...sounds painful and boring.

And one of my PS2 memory cards got corrupted all of a sudden, this day couldn't get any worse.
    *jury duty solidarity brofist*
    I got my learner's permit today.
    Anonus said:

I got my learner's permit today.

Awesome.

Go for a drive!