Heaper Updates

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yesterday they were doing some kind of arts fair over at Easton Town Center. 

I snapped this picture from the second floor of the Barnes & Noble there:

The building at the top right with the clock on it is "Easton Station", the enclosed section of the mall.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Barnes & Noble. Cool
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    That place reminds me of Aspen Grove (where I went to get my MacBook's battery replaced), somehow.
  • Ordered a new phone. My X10a isn't bad, but there's stuff I wanna be able to do on a phone that I just can't on this one, so I bought a One X which should arrive in about a week.
  • I'm frakking jealous. Wanted that phone for months now.

It's cool that you're getting it though, be sure to tell us how it is.
  • The sadness will last forever.

I feel pissed off...more than usual. 

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So when I left this morning gas was $3.29 per gallon, so I stopped and put in $20 worth, which nearly filled the tank of my little Corolla.

Then on the way home I drove past the same gas station and it was down to $3.24! Why can't I ever learn to wait?
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Because God hates you :p

Talking about fuel prices, petrol is finally going down :D
    Ugh. If this transit strike ends up happening, it's going to make me miserable, and I don't even take the bus!

The thought of I-70 being EVEN MORE clogged with cars is entirely unpleasant.
    I think I should start avoiding my ex. The problem is that I want to speak to him about something but end up not talking to him about it. Ugh, I knew I should have never dated him in the first place.
  • edited 2012-06-27 19:20:05
    You mean that the price of gas is going down for once?

^Who, Pidgeon?

Also, got a new monitor (1920x1080 native resolution!) and put in a new video card (Nvidia GT 520) for this iBuyPower computer. All I need are the CoolerMaster fans.

^ Yes, him.

It's strange, like two weeks ago gas was over $3.70 here. It meant I had to give up the random aimless driving I'm so fond of because my family couldn't afford it.

And of course, now that I have a job and can't do the random aimless driving, gas is below $3.30...
  • So. Since Google decided not to support Chrome for Android 2.x I never got to use the mobile version until they released it today for iOS.

never_going_back_to_safari.jpg
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    My phone is still stuck on Gingerbread, despite promises from Verizon that it would indeed be getting ICS someday. I'm tempted to HTCDev or S-OFF and load a third-party ROM, if for no other reason than this ROM's build of the Android browser sucks ass.
  • edited 2012-06-29 14:05:38
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    My phone has Gingerbread, which I guess isn't all that bad since it originally came with Froyo and it's such a low-end phone that the fact that Samsung put out an update in the first place is more than I expected.
    My phone has nothing. Also, I read that as "it originally came with Frodo"
  • edited 2012-06-29 14:05:20
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    One Phone to call them all, One Phone to ring them,
    One Phone to text them all and in the darkness bother them
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
  • My phone came with Eclair. :P

It has Gingerbread on it and it works fairly well but I reeeeally want ICS and Samsung is probably nevuh evuh gonna get it.

Hence why I want a One X. That, and HTC has always made phones that would be great for me if I were on their network; the One X is the first flagship they've made for AT&T (the Aria doesn't count) and it's amazing, so.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Just making a report to compare some data at work.

Testing...hey it works...what the..?

FUCK YOU, REPORT DATA! I DON'T NEED THAT SHIT IN MY LIFE.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    I need a job
    Wow, that query looks like it totally bombed. Also, LOL SQL Server, but then I'm a Postgres snob. XD
    I want to go to Kentucky.

I'm not sure why, as the parts of Kentucky I'm picturing are very much like Ohio...
    Thinking of pulling an all-nighter
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I haven't done an all-nighter in a few years. Why not try it? Why not? Why not?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Besides, I have to be at a meeting at 7 a.m., it's not like I'm gonna get decent sleep tonight anyway.
    I switched my default font in Chromium from FreeSans to Droid Sans. We'll see how it goes.
  • A friend called me at 3:30 AM, shouted "PONY" and then hung up.

I have been hoisted 'pon my own petar.
  • "It is a matter of grave importance that Fairy tales should be respected.... Whosoever alters them to suit his own opinions, whatever they are, is guilty, to our thinking, of an act of presumption, and appropriates to himself what does not belong to him." -- Charles Dickens
    Yesterday evening, Leigh and I walked to Clackamas Town Center, shopped, and walked back.

"Can we shop for skirts later? I'm reading Aristotle." she said in Barnes & Noble.
    I did not stay awake all last night as I was considering.

Instead, I slept for about an hour and a half.
    Interestingly, I still felt wide awake all day at work (7-3).

Still not something I'd want to do regularly
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Playing Asura's Wrath.

It's taking me back to being ten and getting really excited about DBZ, so I'm loving it.

Really, someone on SA said it best.

"So far it seems like opinions on this game are polarised between "It's like playing an anime!image " and "It's like playing an anime!image ""
  • edited 2012-07-14 19:30:00

I need to play it more.

It started a bit slow for me, but eventully I found the move where I could shoot energy blasts and I was all like:

Best...day..EVER!
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I like the Skullkickers comic.

I like the Skullkickers comic.

It's pretty damn swell. 

I'm looking forward to mixing these cards with my huge pile of stuff.
    Also, I played my first game of DND ever with friends yesterday!
  • edited 2012-07-14 19:46:51

Which edition?
  • That is the correct answer, you shall live another day!!!! :P

• edited 2012-07-14 19:49:12

I like 3.5. I'd say 4 is a bit easier and balanced, but I'm a munchkin at heart (obviously), and there are many more crazy options with 3.5.
  • edited 2012-07-14 19:58:29

4 is too combat oriented for my taste, and it seems to have a predetermined sort of campaign implied in the rules. (*Derp, fixed*)

Huh, really? 

I felt 4 was way more combat oriented given that 3.5 has many more skills that have no impact on combat at all.

Also, could you expand on this " seems to have a predetermined sort of campaign implied in the rules", I've never ran or had anyone rune a campaign that I felt the source material was foisting them into.
  • I meant 4, I was being distracted.
  • Why can't either of my parents spellcheck?