Heaper Updates

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, uh, I dunno, it's been a long time since I had any tea >_>
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I like tea. :)
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I would personally recommend darjeeling as a good basic tea. It's a light but sweet black tea with some nice little notes that you may well enjoy.

More sophisticated but accessible would be an infusion of rooibos (also known as red tea) and jasmine green. This one is also sweet, but more aromatic and bold. For added intrigue, dried rose hips or blossoms are always welcome.

Another ingredient that is especially nice in white and green teas is lavender. I also like to add black pepper to certain teas—not unprecedented given that it is one of the key elements of chai spice—but it's not for everyone.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

AD: Throw TEACUP at DEATH.

You are so pissed at Death you throw your tea in disgust but you catch a whiff of it and it smells way too good to throw what is that darjeeling god it's delicious. 

You throw the saucer instead.

• edited 2013-04-07 23:02:25
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Also, Darjeeling is like hella easy to over steep. 2-3 minutes should do it.
  • mmm darjeeling

i am djing with section

we need more peeps
  • I'm just here to gay the place up
    Peeps are too sweet for me. I can only handle 1 - maybe 2 at the most.
    They are best very, very stale, to my estimation. When I have them, I tend to leave them sitting around for at least a month before eating them. Yes, that is bizarre, but it is also delicious.
  • They are best very, very stale, to my estimation. When I have them, I tend to leave them sitting around for at least a month before eating them. Yes, that is bizarre, but it is also delicious.

yes
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I hate Peeps

In my experience, whenever I've eaten them they were already stale
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Oh hey, another difference found. I love me some stale Peeps.
  • Stale Peeps: Princess Approved
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Yay, I got the Classic to speak to the Performa! I can copy over System 7.5.3 now.
    It's copying over at a balmy 230.4 kbit/s (about the same as a very slow DSL connection), so this will take a while, but it's the best I can do on short notice (and without removing hard drives from cases or dealing with fiddly, hard-to-get Mac SCSI bits).
    Wonder. I was just advised that we have to take 30 minutes for lunch even if we don't go out. This means that if I want to work a full day and still leave at 6 PM, I have to be here an hour earlier...and just getting here at 10 has been a pain recently because of traffic. I'm going to have to start riding the fucking bus again and getting up at 6 in the morning and not having any fucking free time because I have to fucking SLEEP. :P

Or I could just stay fucking here until 7:30 when I'm worn out and have the same problem. It's like the powers that be want me to move to fucking Arlington. :(
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Hey guys. I'm sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've had a short string of bad days, and today was by far the worst.

I wish I could just stay on here and destress all weekend, but that would be inadvisable. I have two late assignments for one of my classes and another one on top of that that absolutely can't be late. :|
  • (*Hugsh for the gator*)
  • edited 2013-04-12 23:26:01
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    welp 

It seems the air conditioner quit today, or at least the fan on the outside unit did. I'll take a look at it tomorrow and see if it's reparable, but anything involving Freon will require a service call for sure.
    Sitting in a motel room, tapping away at my mother's iPad while my father watches golf commentary. Not a very eventful day; lots of walking, some talking, not much else. Rainy. So it goes.
  • i am dinking around trying to make windows pretty
    I don't dislike golf; I dislike watching golf. Very different things.

Good luck with that.
    I have my old Mac Classic open, and I found out why the video is glitching: One of the capacitors in the video circuit has died and puked its guts out. :P The sound is also not working because of bad caps on the motherboard, but I can live with that...the video, not so much. I want to replace the bad cap before the HOT shoots itself.

All of these capacitors are still made, 22 years later, and are very cheap, so why not?
    ^^ It's interesting that this stuff is still in production, although a capacitor is a but more universal than a floppy drive.

^ That's actually quite nice. Even as an avid Windows hater I find that rather appealing.
  • edited 2013-04-13 02:28:04

the same setup would probably be easier on a mac, seeing as you would not have to dink around with third party docks

but alas, i do not have 1500~$ dollars laying about, and i do have a distaste for burnished aluminum

it would be a fun thing to remake homestuck with the revamped sprites that one person made
    You could get a refurbished one for pretty cheap, if you were to know where to look...

I am indifferent to burnished aluminum; generally, I prefer polished mahogany.
  • if i did have 1500 dollars

i'd get

well first i'd get these babies

then i'd buy a large quantity of the most powerful rat/mouse/rodent poison known to man

and i'd buy a few albums

and i'd save the rest
  • edited 2013-04-13 02:32:50
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ How so, Arid One?

^ Let us not kill rodents! Buy music, not death!
  • I am a queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
  • edited 2013-04-13 02:32:35
    More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I am a queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
    *stars in a sitcom with you in which you are my gay best friend*
  • ^^ How so, Arid One?

I am a magically powerful empress that rules her kingdom through magically magical powers.

I am a queeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen
    *stars in a sitcom with you in which you are my gay best friend*
    yes good
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    That ABBA cover is really good. :D Also I like ABBA.
  • edited 2013-04-13 02:40:47

ABBA are catchy and fun and i have one of their CDs laying around here somewhere
  • The Delta Driver is a unique Magicannon composed of layered mythril and gold, it is inset with a number of precious gems that serve as conduits for the mana charges it fires. 

The Driver was lost somewhere below the mapped portion of The Great Dungeon several hundred years ago when Kiud The Great set out on his expedition to reach the bottom, it has not been seen since.

Queens? Pfft, being a princess is where it's at.

You get to be young and beautiful and have power but no real responsibility! v_v

I always found it funny how the whole stereotype that people bitch about with princesses is the entire reason I like them. It's a power fantasy, y'know?

*throws feet up on the table, uses Princess Magic™ to levitate a glass of iced tea into my hand*
    My power fantasy (if I have one) is being a vampire minion of doom. :D
  • my power fantasy is to be a kitty and be cute and get belly rubs
  • Queens? Pfft, being a princess is where it's at.

You get to be young and beautiful and have power but no real responsibility! v_v

I always found it funny how the whole stereotype that people bitch about with princesses is the entire reason I like them. It's a power fantasy, y'know?

*throws feet up on the table, uses Princess Magic™ to levitate a glass of iced tea into my hand*

yes but my magic is 8200% more magical.

Like frost rays and shit.

• Naney said:

my power fantasy is to be a kitty overlord and be terrifyingly cute and get belly rubs from the innumerable humans that I have enslaved

ftfy

• curses they're on to me
    I hadn't thought about it before, but it's pretty amusing how Anonus and I are both REALLY open and straightforward with our power fantasies.
  • I hadn't thought about it before, but it's pretty amusing how Anonus and I are both REALLY open and straightforward with our power fantasies.

Knowledge is power, so in a way, you two sharing knowledge is sharing power. It's like Captain Planet, you give someone a ring and they're more powerful because of it!

Naney said:

my power fantasy is to be a kitty overlord and be terrifyingly cute and get belly rubs from the innumerable humans that I have enslaved

ftfy

I could get behind that...