Sredni Vashtar Reads Homestuck

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh wow, that means you're almost to the end of act 5.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yep. The Courtyard Droll just blew up everything and [S] Cascade. is next.
  • You're also approaching metatext level 4

Hang.on, you totally blew past it already.

Wrll, we'll see you in a few minutes.
    I'm taking a break to do something first, so it'll be more than a few minutes. But yes, I will see you soon enough.
    So...

Just finished [S] Cascade.

Hot damn.

A lot to talk about there, is there not?
  • yeah

i just rewatched it myself, always makes my hair stand on end

not a lot of things do that
    And just followed it with the second intermission, which I think that I should rewatch if only because of how bizarre that was. Our first real look at Lord English and—

Oh my.
  • He was an excellent host.

I apologize. That's the most cliche thing to say to a person after completing Act 5.
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Welcome to Act 6. ^_^ It is the best act; I hope you enjoy it.
  • But yeah, whenever you're ready, just pick a spot in either of the flashes and a couple of us will start blathering on about it for you.
  • edited 2013-07-21 00:34:43
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    So, just watched the intro to Act Six. Awesome.

^^^ All of the "ew" in the world, my friend. 
    I am grinning like crazy.

^ Points...

1. The Peregrine Mendicant did exactly what I thought she'd do, albeit not quite in the way that I necessarily would have expected. Such is par for the course.
    2. Lord English was using Li'l Cal as a very literal puppet, and then exploiting Gamzee's dementia—I think—which was supremely creepy but made sense.
    3. After releasing his Red Miles and laying waste to the universe, Bec Noir made Jade a god by putting her body on the Quest Bed and letting her merge with her nigh-omnipotent sprite-self.
    4. Spades Slick shot his kismesis Snowman, thus allowing Lord English to enter his host, Doc Scratch.
    5. Aradia's identical ancestor just flipped off said host... and thus inadvertently assured her fate as the one that would make that particular version of Alternia a hellhole.
    6. Rose and Dave also reached their god tier forms by setting off The Tumor and exploding the Green Sun... sort of; they were assisted in this endeavour by Sollux in his life-death state and Aradia, who was already made godhead after exploding her robot form.
    7. The cueball theme has to do with the sixteenfold nature of the code strewn throughout each timeline to provide the aforementioned host.

P.S. I was briefly reminded of Bokurano, which makes a lot of sense given the parallels, but this is way less... uh, soul-crushing.
  • 1. Considering all the red herrings that pointed to the Mayor being Jack's counter, I'm quite impressed that you guessed this.

Btw, the bit with the Exiles also goes into my 'Hussie killing off characters when they're no longer necessary' folder. I mean, it's justified, but it still goes in the folder.

3. She has also become furry incarnate, which is way superior to those silly fursuits.

4. I believe that the trigger was actually the simultaneous destructions of Blue and Red Universes. You notice that the ruins of Doc's apartment are surrounded in green fire, right?

5. Eh, it was already in the charts.

7. Mmmm, not quite.

Lord English's spawning is connected to the Doc and the Doc alone. The code is related to the First Guardian of the universe, whatever it may be.
  • i honestly never really noticed felt the killing-offing in homestuck was gratuitous but w/e

For reasons unknown, Snowman's lifespan is directly tied to that of the Alternian Genesis Frog. This has made her, quite literally, the Alternian universe.

so Snowman's getting killed is what destroyed the blue universe i think

unless it's like some sort of cosmically enforced coincidence kinda thingy
  • Nah, I'm think you're right. Snowman getting offed did away with Alternia. Bec Noir's red miles dd away with the Earth universe.

So, as usual, Jack Noir kills everybody.
    1. Considering all the red herrings that pointed to the Mayor being Jack's counter, I'm quite impressed that you guessed this.

Btw, the bit with the Exiles also goes into my 'Hussie killing off characters when they're no longer necessary' folder. I mean, it's justified, but it still goes in the folder.
    Well, she was the new White Queen after the Questant abdicated, thus being the precise counter of the usurper Jack, who took his title by force. She was his equal and opposite.

3. She has also become furry incarnate, which is way superior to those silly fursuits.
    She already did that! OK, her sprite-self did, but whatever. She is now an adorable wolf-girl.

4. I believe that the trigger was actually the simultaneous destructions of Blue and Red Universes. You notice that the ruins of Doc's apartment are surrounded in green fire, right?
    Like Naney said. Then you again. Being the slo-mo ninja is so confusing! But in any case, Jack is always the catalyst in some form. He must always kill the Black Queen, whom he loves and hates. Very symbolic.

5. Eh, it was already in the charts.
    Well, of course it was, but the circularity of it all was a nice touch.

7. Mmmm, not quite. 

Lord English's spawning is connected to the Doc and the Doc alone. The code is related to the First Guardian of the universe, whatever it may be.

But you do not deny that the motif has to do with the code...
  • edited 2013-07-21 01:01:11
    On a completely different note, seeing the guardians as kids is pretty fascinating and humorous. Particularly Jade's grandpa/grandson and his blustery nerdiness. But also Jane/Nanna's prankster princess thing. Actually, I think that all of them are going to be great.
    I really like how this act really reclaims the feeling of the first one, but switches things around in a way that is comfortably familiar yet totally new. Like seeing Tinkerbull and the other lusus-beasts on Jake's bed sheets.
    So, Jake is a "Sir English" of sorts (to his troll girlfriend UU) and has a version of the more monstrous English's Cairo Coat as a computer in addition to other connected accoutrements. That's a bizarre bit of synchronicity. Obviously "not important in any way whatsoever," as Hussie would put it...
  • edited 2013-07-21 01:34:18

So, Jake is a "Sir English" of sorts (to his troll girlfriend UU)
    hun i never knew you did crack shipping

also this is intensely amusing for reasons i cannot reveal to you
    Well, they were jokingly flirting, and she does call him that. But yes, I suspected that stating that in that particular way was probably jumping the gun in an absurd way.
  • edited 2013-07-21 01:43:28

buffoonery removed
  • edited 2013-07-21 01:41:50
    Nope, this is very definitely one uranianUmbra.
  • wow i completely forgot about that

how did i do that?
    It happens, m'love.

Also, Dirk's auto-responder. So terrible.
  • edited 2013-07-21 02:03:50
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis

So this might turn into a full-on brick joke, is what you're saying?

Possibly, Fedora Freak is in a different session all together, but apparently the medium is one giant unprotected wi-fi connection, so who knows.

Supposedly Nic Cage is also in a session as "The Nic of Time". 

So this might turn into a full-on brick joke, is what you're saying?

Possibly, Fedora Freak is in a different session all together, but apparently the medium is one giant unprotected wi-fi connection, so who knows.

Supposedly Nic Cage is also as a session as "The Nic of Time". 
    Nic Cage is, as ever, a universal constant.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

It happens, m'love.

Auto-responder is definitely one of the most loathed characters as far as I can tell.
  • edited 2013-07-21 02:07:02

It happens, m'love.

Auto-responder is definitely one of the most loathed characters as far as I can tell.
    I didn't mean "terrible" as in "I loathe it." I meant "terrible" as a facetious way of saying "what a hilariously condescending and obnoxious AI."
  • the most loathed character as far as i can tell seems to be Jane :<
    the most loathed character as far as i can tell seems to be Jane :<
    Really?!

I really like her! She's spoiled, sure, but not in a mean or spiteful way. Plus, her fetch modus is weirdly entrancing, and in an odd way says a lot about her. And she's basically Nanna as a teenage girl, albeit raised differently, so... I'm a bit puzzled.
  • exactly

but like apparently jane hate is totally a thing u_u
    Meh. Bitches gonna bitch. I won't let fandom trends dictate my likes and dislikes!

I mean, seriously, Equius was great, and as much of a brat as he was, Eridan was a pretty interesting villain. So unpopularity is pretty much a moot point for me.
  • Equius is/was the second most amusing character IMO
    He was indeed quite amusing.

Who is/was the most, in your opinion?
    Obligatory Far Side joke for Jane's Strife Specibus: BOWIE SPOON!
  • edited 2013-07-21 02:24:54

i do not think you have encountered him yet, he shows up around page 6500-ish iirc

he is also my fave character fwiw
  • edited 2013-07-22 23:06:50
    I look forward to it!

Also, it's kind of obvious now that the Condesce is Betty Crocker.
    OHHHH.

Now I know why you non-canonically ship the "elder" (here younger) Mr. Strider with Equius.

That would be hilarious on so many levels. Oh, the puns...
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    To ward away a hated demon, one wears the skin of a worse demon.

That said, godtier forms are based on dream-forms which are based on the individual's idealized form. And Jade is a furry. So base your conclusions from there.
  • edited 2013-07-22 23:05:08
    To ward away a hated demon, one wears the skin of a worse demon.

That said, godtier forms are based on dream-forms which are based on the individual's idealized form. And Jade is a furry. So base your conclusions from there.
    That first bit puzzles me. Just what do you mean, Kraken? Ah. I get it now. The Condesce fears Lord English. Thus.

To the second: Consider Jade's monologue about fantasising about turning into a wolf that reappeared in the Wayward Vagabond's dream. It was always there, buried in her subconscious; reaching her god tier simply actualised it.
  • oh i am rereading act 6 for the halibut and i have to rescind my previous declaration of fave character

i think
    Oh ye gods Roxy. Just, wow. This is like reading some weird AU version of Texts from Last Night and I am loving every second of it.
    Oh no, Tinkerbull-clone...
    OK, so the B2 Earth exhibits aspects of A1 Alternia in terms of its wildlife in certain areas? How strange. There is likely an explanation, but it seems that I will be forced to wait a pip for it...
  • So, Jake is a "Sir English" of sorts (to his troll girlfriend UU)
    hun i never knew you did crack shipping

also this is intensely amusing for reasons i cannot reveal to you
    Same.

the most loathed character as far as i can tell seems to be Jane :<

This is less because of Jane's shortcomings and more because of her lack of shining skills.

Roxy has her amusing drunk speak, Jake has his short pants and Egbert-variety dorkiness, and Dave's Bro (do you know his name yet?), well, he's a cool anime dude with a sword. And those popularity-garnering bits outweigh their more obvious flaws. Jane doesn't have as much of that stuff, so it's easier for people to criticize her.
  • I always thought Damara was the most hated character.
  • Kexruct said:

I always thought Damara was the most hated character.

i am pretty sure i have never seen her mentioned

like ever

at all

like everybody forgets about her
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Who's Damara?  Is she one of those Dancestors?
  • huh right after i posted that there was Damara fanart on my dash
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Considering how much Darma fan-art I've seen, I'm pretty sure she's reasonably well liked.