The Powerpuff Girls

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    well that and BUBBLES being into coding and not BLOSSOM?

HIdden depths, I guess. Bubbles is proficient in squirrel after all
  • Fun fact: I once win my parents £20 worth of beer tokens in a pub quiz because I was the only one to know who the arch nemesis of the PPG was
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I think the intention is positive but that sounds a wee bit ham-fisted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

well that and BUBBLES being into coding and not BLOSSOM?

HIdden depths, I guess. Bubbles is proficient in squirrel after all
    Blossom as computer programmer is a bit too obvious, honestly
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's really weird to hear a voice other than Elizabeth Daily coming out of Buttercup.
    i fucking hate those non-Powerpuff character designs
  • I wouldn't go that far, but I do think it's a bit jarring

honestly feels a little more like the rest of the characters would be better fit for Clarence, at least visually
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    You know how people keep complaining about generic CalArts/Tumblr designs in modern shows regardless of how valid those complaints are?

Those designs are a genuine case of them.
    /co/'s worst fears are coming true

and i feel their pain
  • edited 2016-02-11 20:10:05
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I know you loathed the Dance Pantsed designs but those at least actually tried to retain the whole PPG aesthetic.
    I don't know why CN keeps trying to fix what isn't broken
  • Tre said:
    they don't all even look like they're from the same show
    what was wrong with this?

look at all this energy

You know how people keep complaining about generic CalArts/Tumblr designs in modern shows regardless of how valid those complaints are?

What makes it worse is that they're combining the generic 2010s cartoon style...with the Powerpuff Girls, who have very distinct designs that they're (thankfully) staying mostly faithful to. It makes them look out of place amongst the AT/SU style of everyone else...

What makes it worse is that they're combining the generic 2010s cartoon style...with the Powerpuff Girls, who have very distinct designs that they're (thankfully) staying mostly faithful to. It makes them look out of place amongst the AT/SU style of everyone else...
    The evil lumberjack looks like he's from the right show but the random fair people don't and that's kind of unnerving.

The evil lumberjack looks like he's from the right show but the random fair people don't and that's kind of unnerving.
    I imagine that the villains that carry over from the original show are going to remain mostly faithful in look, too, so the inevitable new villains will look quite out of place next to them.

They say not AT or SU to me, but Clarence
    Clarence is pretty distinctive, though.
    it is

i also find it hard to look at
    My point is, it's less generic than those designs.
    looked at them again

yeah, they look like SU rejects to me

the lumberjack guy looks like he's from Clarence though
    He kinda does, but again, he's at least reasonably PPG-looking.

I imagine that the villains that carry over from the original show are going to remain mostly faithful in look, too, so the inevitable new villains will look quite out of place next to them.

I was mistaken:

(Look at the 15 second mark.)
    Yes.

Remember One Direction.
  • One Direction is like, 2012

i guess there's Five Seconds of Summer but nobody likes them because they're ugly
    My teenage sister is into boy bands which is actually pretty funny, because she's a lesbian.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I miss when Boy Bands weren't all The Cute One and had multiple pre-packaged archetypes
  • Jane said:

21 Pilots is a boy band

in the sense that they are a band consisting of two boys

not really musically, though?
    That's not Bis

I dunno, I admit I actually kinda enjoyed that, for what it is
  • Same. Wondering, though: are they going to keep the vocals in shortened form for the OP or just going to go with an instrumental like the old show?

regarding the new show itself:

I feel like I'm going to have to watch this one without the original series in mind in order to properly enjoy it.

An impossible task, but. I think deserves a fair shot, and I'm willing to let myself be surprised by it.
  • if Powerpuff Girls Z existed and was OK I don't see why this couldn't be good.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i don't really like that they decided to abandon the old art style, but at the same time i don't see what's so awful about the new show

i feel there's not much to go off at this point, no reason it can't be good on its own terms
  • edited 2016-02-15 22:02:22
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that said i wasn't impressed by (what little i saw of) PPGZ, i felt it missed the humour of the original
    I've seen so many people being negative about the show just from the 1 or 2 previews we've seen that the little contrarian part of me wants to watch it and enjoy it just because
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    same
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Oh cute!
  • the notion that Miss Bellum might not make it into the new series...I don't know what to think of that
  • I'm getting a GoAnimate vibe from the new series. inb4 the trio gets grounded grounded grounded grounded.
  • I can't wait for the episode where they sneak at Chubby Cheese's
    This show's aesthetic is horrid

The original was well thought-out, this is cobbled together from like three or four other, better shows

Arguably not really counting the original