General TV thread

Comments

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    No one likes Hathor

Not even the writers of SG1.

It gets dissed a lot.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I don't think it was a bad idea. Probably just could have been executed a bit better. 
    I guess soo
    Apparently, Dean Stockwell was cast as Al in Quantum Leap because he got on very well with Scott Bakula and I think the show was better because of that.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I'm watching Wicked Attraction, and this episode has a scene where they had to re-enact a car fire. They made very little attempt to hide where the fire was shot, too—Carrollton, VA, just across the James River from Newport News. The scene is actually supposed to be several hundred miles south, in North Carolina...:lol:
  • edited 2012-07-16 01:08:12
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, I don't know how, but 1000 Ways to Die has managed to get even sillier! Sillier even than Deadly Women! This last vignette I saw was set in "El Cabong, Mexico", which judging from the license plate on the car is clearly somewhere in the Ozarks. :lol:
  • edited 2012-07-16 01:16:11
    Heh, and this one was set in Columbus and shot somewhere in West Virginia. At least WV is close by!
  • edited 2012-07-24 00:39:07
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

Finished Duedliest Warrior.

The last episode was Vampires vs Zombies.

They had experts like John Romero and Max Brooks.

It's funny, the premise actually sounds awesome, but I went into the episode thinking there was no way the could make this some sort of fair and balanced episode with them having no historical references and that it would basically just be everyone making up shit.

I was right. Oh boy, was I right.

To be fair, Zombies where somewhat grounded in reality with them basically being slow humans who have full access to their strength.

Vampire where a crap shoot with them arbitrarily pulling out figures like them being six time stronger than humans, or having claws, and lots of teeth. 

They also had to do a ration of more Zombies to Vampires, because of how stupid obvious it was of who would win if the numbers where even.

It was more like "How many Romero Zombies would it take to take out a single Vampire out of 30 Days of Night?"

I suppose to that extent, it was successful, but it was sort of a question I doubt many where asking.

The episode ended with a "To be continued...". Haha, no dice, suckers. Consider your asses canceled. 

All it all, it had it's ups and downs. I saw some really cool weapons and tests and a few fights where it was still a mystery who would win up until the end, but they where running out of ideas by the third season.

If "Vampires vs Zombies" was their idea of how they where going to keep the show running, I think it's better the show was buried rather than become the shambling corpse it was gearing itself up to be.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    I just think of Darkstalkers(yes, the crappy cartoon where Anakuris was awesome), or maybe it's anime movie version.

Lei Lei VS Demitri.
    So I watched more of Series 2 of the walking dead and

(Spoilers inc.)

They killed off the old man Dale in a preventable zombie attack because the zombie had been taunted by the stupid kid. But the credits didn't have music on them and that was weird too.

It probably help if I watched it instead of just compares what happens to the comic, but I'm constantly surprised regarding who they decided to kill off and who they decide to keep around on that show. 

Also, Stargate continues to be good, for the most part.

Tin Man made very little sense, however. 
    Yeah, you should watch TWD

(Spoilers about Tin Man inc)

The Robots appear in a later episode and die defeating Cronos.
  • Finished the second season of Sherlock. Now comes the wait for the third season.
    So

Watching the Series 2 finale of TWD

Herschel's farm got attacked and they all spilt up.

Shane is finally dead, but they killed Dale the twats
  • edited 2012-08-12 06:00:37
    Checking out a new true-crime show, Happily Never After, and wow, I thought Scorned: Love Kills was depressing. :P 

"Investigation Discovery: Mysteries are one thing, but now we want YOU to die, too!"

It follows a similar formula (couple meets, then bad things happen and all hell breaks loose), but unlike Scorned, it shows the downer ending front and center, using flashbacks to see how the happy relationship began and such. That and it takes forever to fill in the blanks. On Scorned, this isn't so bad since the story is told linearly, but here, you're almost kind of expecting them to tell it in reverse order.
  • edited 2012-08-12 06:22:33
    And it turns out this episode is about a black widow who preyed on a 40-something virgin. 

So the CW4Kids(not to be confused completely with 4KidsTV) just put up a new lineup on Saturday morning.

Now... some of the Yugioh stuff is meh to some. Depends the person.

But they're bringing back Power Rangers Lost Galaxy. Nope, not any of the other ones. That exact one.(one could argue outside of R.P.M. it's the most popular American adaption, although it did severely outrank the original Sentai version called Gingaman)

Oddly enough, a regular Wrestling show is among the new line up.

Here it is, in order from 7 AM(Central Time) to 12 PM.

Cubix
    Rescue Heroes
    Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
    Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal
    Iron Man: Armored Adventures
    Justice League Unlimited
    WWE Saturday Morning Slam(perhaps the oddball?)
    Dragon Ball Z Kai
    Yu-Gi-Oh!(Classic)

...To say the least, I'm a bit happy. Especially for one particular thing.

Now, I don't know why they aren't playing Power Rangers from the start. Also, apparently it's called CW Vortex. Pretty good evolution, I'd say. And yes, they dropped Sonic X. Wow.
  • CW4Kids
    i read that as
    CWCKids
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-08-27 10:50:07
    Considering that it was full of Sonic X reruns up to one point, that's actually pretty close.
  • edited 2012-08-30 09:50:02
    I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Eh, it was about time anyway.

Only thing I don't like is that they're replaying the Orichalcos saga instead of going through GX(which means they could translate the 4th season already...) and eventually play 5D's. I see the Wrestling one being dropped quickly. We already got DBZ Kai for the hot sweaty male action. :P
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I think it's time that I restart my Night Gallery Hulu binge...

Watching a lot of Cooking shows.

Master Chef spoiler alert HOLY COCK, A BLIND CHICK WON!

Top Chef Season 9 was awesome. Bailed on Season 6, too much drama, didn't give a shit about anyone in the competition

Just Deserts Season 1 has even more drama, and so much people full of hate, but we actually want some people to win, so we're sticking it out.

Could use a hotty like Padma, though...

Random thought.

It occurred to me that the ending of MST3K (Mike and the bots continue watching and riffing on shitty movies despite no one forcing them to) is basically what happened in real life.
    And now watching some Power Rangers S.P.D.

Ah, Nicktoons, doing a great job bringing back some old stuff. I'm wondering when we'll get the rest.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Boy, it's annoying to wait for another episode of American Horror Story. Things were happening at the end in last week's episode and the credits come out. Ugh.
  • I'm watching at the moment.  I absolutely love the show but am too impatient to wait for the series finale.  I need to find a way to get all the episodes on my computer before they air...
    Apparently there is going to be a new series of Peep Show
  • Anyone else getting really pissed off at the 9lives Sam and Dean seem to have in Supernatural?  It's a good thing Dean's so freakin' hot else I would have lost patience with the show about 4 seasons ago.
    It seems that the new companion of Doctor Who has died twice on-screen already.
    I'm watching this TV movie called "Christmas Twister" that my mom pointed out to me. It is incredibly silly...CGI fire in the first few minutes silly.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what channel is it on

...was it produced by one of Lionsgate's predecessors-in-interest
  • edited 2012-12-25 16:49:39
    It was on ION, and I'm not sure...the logo at the beginning said "Hybrid", and from what I can tell of their filmography, they're apparently just as bad as The Asylum.
    IMDb didn't say anything about Hybrid, but this company is credited.
    Oh yeah, and this fucking guy apparently knows John Waters and Fred Olen Ray. 

CLASSY.
    AU: Yeah, it seems like they have a lot of aliases.
    Brad Jones is really awesome.
    Oh man, and this movie just gets cheesier and cheesier. I just saw a bad CGI tornado derail what looked like the train from The Polar Express in broad daylight. I also think I laughed so hard it made the neighbors nervous.
    Hehehe, Texas my ass. The mall they used is a real mall in Carson, CA, and the "power plant" and emergency shelter scenes were shot at a sewage plant in San Pedro, near the LA docks. 

So, Tumblr keeps going on and on about "American Horror Story". 

Is it worth watching? 
  • edited 2013-01-24 02:52:39
    The sadness will last forever.
    Yes
  • edited 2013-01-24 02:52:58
    The sadness will last forever.
    never mind
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

It seems that the new companion of Doctor Who has died twice on-screen already.

It's the hook for the new arc.

Moffat knows perfectly well that he's overdoing the death thing, and one of the scripts even made fun of it last season.  He likes to wind up the more obsessive viewers.
    Why do british shows usually have a few episodes per season/series? For example, Sherlock has 6 episodes.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    It's just conventional here.  It goes both ways; US seasons seem weirdly long to me.

Sherlock is short even by UK standards, but the episodes themselves are very long and the production values are pretty high.
    Does the UK have a concrete "TV season"?

The TV season in America runs from September to May; US seasons' length also helps a show's prospects for being sold into syndication (here, a TV show usually needs at least 88 episodes for "stripping", being shown in one timeslot at least five days a week)
    Two Face said:

Why do british shows usually have a few episodes per season/series? For example, Sherlock has 6 episodes.

6 is about normal.
    Anonus said:

Does the UK have a concrete "TV season"?

The TV season in America runs from September to May; US seasons' length also helps a show's prospects for being sold into syndication (here, a TV show usually needs at least 88 episodes for "stripping", being shown in one timeslot at least five days a week)
    Most new shows start in the Winter
  • edited 2013-01-24 04:18:07
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    @ Anonus: No, we don't have anything like that.  We have like spring programming and winter programming and the like, but no set TV season.

The term 'season' is rarely used here.  i use it semi-habitually because of the older seasons of Doctor Who, where it's basically synonymous with the British 'series'.

@ Ace: 6 is normal for a series (in the UK sense).  Sherlock is 6 episodes long total, both series combined; individually they're only 3 episodes each.