General TV thread

Comments

• I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Right.

And boy, most of them were good. Operation Overdrive is honestly the only season I could say was actually bad. The rest have a lot of good points, and while it does have its moments, the rest... Okay, Mystic Force did have way too much focus on the Red Ranger, justified or not.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Earlier, I was watching Victorious with my niece, and my reaction to the episode they had on?

O_O

SO. MUCH. LES YAY. :D

I don't think even Rizzoli & Isles is this blatant, and that show is meant for adults!
    If you want les yay, just watching MLP:FIM. :P
    Well, see, FiM is more subtle about it. While I haven't seen much of the second season yet, you get the occasional throwaway thing like wingboners and such. Nothing too over-the-top, right?

This episode of Victorious had the two leads (both female, obviously) acting as a married couple in a play, going on a date (!) to "get into character", and pretty much doing everything but screaming "YES WE ARE A COUPLE, DEAL WITH IT" through a megaphone.
    Right.

I meant that more as a joke. I never watched the other thing.
    Oh, okay.
    Sorry about that.
  • edited 2012-06-03 09:04:03
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    >Well, see, FiM is more subtle about it. While I haven't seen much of the second season yet, you get the occasional throwaway thing like wingboners and such. Nothing too over-the-top, right?

If by "subtle" you mean "exists entirely in the minds of tropers"...

:p
  • Fouria G said:

>Well, see, FiM is more subtle about it. While I haven't seen much of the second season yet, you get the occasional throwaway thing like wingboners and such. Nothing too over-the-top, right?

If by "subtle" you mean "exists entirely in the minds of tropers"...

• Netflix.

I hate Netflix.

Fuck. Netflix.

You see, Netflix is the thing that convinced my parents that oh we don't need television. It's all on Netflix anyway!

A year later I've yet to find anything on the service I A) like and B) can watch without getting in trouble. Because we all share the same account.

So yeah

Fuck Netflix.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Well, we're talking about subtext here, and subtext runs on nonsense, so... :shrugs:
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    Haven said:

armor can completely and utterly tip the scales towards one warrior or the other.
    To say nothing of the chains or the plates.
    imageimage

• Lumine said:

What would you get in trouble for watching? :o

Anything "too mature". My mother seems to think that I'm still five.
  • edited 2012-06-03 23:18:11
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

God...I'm so lucky to have a mom who didn't really give a fuck as long as I wasn't on drugs or knocking girls up...

Granted, I was expected to maintain a decent GPA and keep myself busy.
    As long as I do it in private, they give no crap. Why? My laptop, my TV(I pay for my parts of the bill), my stuff. It's my money, etc.

Albeit, I don't use netflix. But my point still stands.
  • Justice42 said:

God...I'm so lucky to have a mom who didn't really give a fuck as long as I wasn't on drugs or knocking girls up...

My mother means well, but I was a complete mama's boy for the first oh, twelve or so years of my life? And we were also the only two people in our household for awhile, so she's used to babying me, and does not really seem to understand that I don't like it anymore.

She still makes me go on errands with her, for christ's sake.

• My mom is cool. Except that if she gets mad at all I turn into a quivering pile of mush.
  • I don't normally watch TV, but after viewing this:

I may have to start
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I'm re-watching The Last Airbender.

It seems early on that Team Avatar makes a lot of pit stops.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I might try picking up ATLA myself. I've been wanting to check it out ever since I started Korra.
    ATLA is available on Amazon Prime free streaming, so I'm watching the first episode now. Aang's discovery kind of reminds me of Terra's discovery in Final Fantasy VI, and before now, that's the image I had in my head when people described how Aang was found.
  • edited 2012-06-10 00:09:08
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    It was something like that, yeah, but Aang certainly did a good job of unfreezing himself.
  • edited 2012-06-10 00:21:56
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Oh, and thanks for using beer-commercial logic in your ads, Bosch, it really makes me want to buy your products. :P
  • edited 2012-06-10 02:52:18
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Aang's eyes glow at times, but he didn't use laser vision for that. (There was a laser-like beam of light, but that was because he was in the Avatar State at the time that he was frozen.)

Aang got himself into a heap...no pun intended...of trouble, entered the avatar state, and put himself and Appa into suspended animation. 

There he stayed until Katara freed him (with the help of one of Sokka's weapons). 

Aang looks like he had very little to do with freeing himself. Possibly, the avatar state keeped on keeping on in the interest of keeping him and the Sky-Bison alive until enough stimuli happened to  warrant any kind of alternative action. 

I need an excuse to use this:

Just Watched the Theodore Roosevelt vs Lawrence of Arabia episode of Duedliest warrior.

During the fight, Teddy got shot in the arm, and all I could think was "You FOOL! Bullets only make him angrier!"
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Who won?

Theodore Roosevelt

Mostly because his team had the more reliable machine gun and the other one kept jamming. 
    What machine gun did they give Lawrence like?

Teddy had this machine gun.

Lawrence had this one.
    The weapon had a reputation for great solidity and reliability. Ian V. Hogg, in Weapons & War Machines, describes an action that took place in August 1916, during which the British Army's 100th Company of the Machine Gun Corps
    fired their ten Vickers guns continuously for twelve hours. Using 100
    new barrels, they fired a million rounds without a single breakdown. "It
    was this absolute foolproof reliability which endeared the Vickers to
    every British soldier who ever fired one."

That doesn't fit the profile of a machine gun that jams.

Me thinks they made Teddy win :p
  • edited 2012-06-22 15:58:21

It jammed on the show while they where showing it, actually. I doubt "breakdown" is the same as jam; machine guns of all types jam fairly constantly. I'd imagine it's almost impossible for that manay machine guns to fire for that long without jamming at some point.

They've also had the Americans loose before. The Green Beret vs the Russian Spetsnaz. For instance.
  • Aaaaah, just finished watching the latest Mad Men season.  So, so good.  The show never ceases to impress me with its smart and witty dialogue, not to mention the inclusion of world/ local events in history and its impact on the times. Plus the main character - Don Draper is one sexy beast.
  • edited 2012-06-28 22:52:40

Friday and I are watching a bunch of cooking shows.

Catching up on Top chef, and new season of MasterChef is running at the moment.

I swear, the people in charge of getting the contestant must know an asshole when they see one and make sure they make it to the show.

On that note, it's always strange that some of the biggest assholes still find friends with their fellow contestants. 
    Latest episode of Deadman Wonderland. Eye Scream. Goddamn...

Atleast the characters are practically near dead in Mortal Kombat. >_<
    Speaking of assholes, I just watched an episode of Evil, I. Damn, did I want to see the Villain Protagonist get Eridaned at the end. :P ("He's STILL on fuckin' death row after 20 years? Really? GImme a gun, I'll kill that sonofabitch myself! tumut")

Watched more of Stargate. Production values have improved drastically over the Pilot and we're still on season one. Goa'uld where apparently very found of terraforming planets with the same trees every planet they went. English also seems to be the defacto language of choice every where they go.

Still, the plot is enjoyable as are the characters. They're also good at keeping the tech looking like it came from the mid-90s.
    Finally saw the premiere of Legend of Korra. Not bad at all.

Now to catch the rest of them. :P
    Watched
    more of Stargate. Production values have improved drastically over the
    Pilot and we're still on season one. Goa'uld where apparently very found
    of terraforming planets with the same trees every planet they went.
    English also seems to be the defacto language of choice every where they
    go.
    Just wait :p

Btw, have you met the Ernest character yet?

The first episode with him, yes.
    Hes only in one episode but its an important one.
  • edited 2012-07-11 11:19:39

Fire and Water was pretty good, and I love the Tiamat references. 

Didn't enjoy Hawthor as much, but I appreciate more mythology seeping into the series.