Report Bugs Here

Comments

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Oh, how weird, I enabled it and all hell broke loose :P
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Yay we can use emoji now!

Thanks Lee

Next step: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
  • edited 2015-11-01 16:16:02
    Let me tell you. About Fallen London.
    For some reason, emoji in discussion titles don't show up for me until I load the topic, then go back and refresh the main page.

For example, It looks like Centie's new thread title was "3 & Knuckles" in the discussion list, then when I clicked on the thread it still looked like it was "3 & Knuckles", then when I clicked on the HH logo the emoji showed up. But only for that thread; every other topic with an emoji in the title had the emoji missing until I repeated that same process with that thread.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...what an oddly specific bug.

What browser and operating system is this?
  • Chrome 46.0.2490.80, OS X "El Capitan" 10.11.1
    Hmm. I don't actually have a Mac to test it on, but I can ask Section or AU to give it a look for me when they come around.
  • It looks like it's only happening in Chrome; they show up fine in the first try in Safari.
  • edited 2015-11-03 04:00:32
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    sometimes i'll have a draft saved, and i'll refresh the thread and it just vanishes, i lose everything i typed

happened to me twice in the last few days
    I've had that happen to me before in the past, but it's been a while. Did it shriek about an error when it happened?
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    no, and it didn't the previous time, either

just, blip, everything gone
    huh, weird
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    emoji still get stripped out in the activity comments
    I still have to apply the patch there, it looks like.
    Oh hell, the link color patch got removed somehow.
    Wait, no it didn't...Comcast is doing something screwy, I bet.
    They also get stripped out when you save a draft and come back to it.
  • kill living beings
    the https is cool. firefox, however, is skeptical, because there's no owner information. i.e., "Connection is Not Secure. This website does not supply ownership information."

dunno if this is a real problem or what
    Hmm.

On some pages I get this:

And on other pages I get this:

I dunno if it's really just as simple as the latter showing up on pages with images embedded over non-secure HTTP or if it's something that needs further attention.
  • kill living beings
    it varies for me in a different w ay, sometimes it says it's secure and sometimes it says it's not, but says there's no ownership information either way
  • Everything seems to work fine now.
    i think it's mostly images embedded over http not s.  like, say, signatures embedded on imgur
    Calica said:

i think it's mostly images embedded over http not s.  like, say, signatures embedded on imgur

by which i mean tachy's now
    also: the youtube embeds include links to http youtube images
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Calica said:

also: the youtube embeds include links to http youtube images

I think that will be impractical to fix, unfortunately.
    i think it'd be fixable with the code of the extension
    Calica said:

Calica said:

by which i mean tachy's now
    and now this page at least is showing the lock :D
    Yeah, the YouTube embed code is pulling from a Vanilla CDN that uses http: 😞

We can fix that by either changing the links, or by hosting those elements locally.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Would it be possible to make it so that posting on a completed page takes you to the current page again, like the old version of Vanilla?
    Also, so that when a post is made, any made before it appear once it's posted? It was useful.
    I'll have to see if there's an option for that...it looks like that's controlled from JavaScript on the client side.
    alright
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    spoiler tags don't seem to work in PMs
    Feature request: thread tags on the mobile site
  • kill living beings
    Feature request: Search thread titles rather than post content.

I know search has been a pain in the ass, though.
    Interestingly enough, it would seem Vanilla 2.2 came out back in November, and of course I didn't get the memo because Vanilla is terrible at this sort of thing.
    neat, the site's TLS certificate comes up as valid in old-ass Firefox 12 :D
    I just updated the TLS certificate, and also monkeyed around with the Apache configuration a bit (apparently it was screwed up, and it was confusing Let's Encrypt when I tried to renew).
  • Well now I can get in here

see my personal thread for a bug report
    Yeah, things were a little odd while I messed around with the Apache configuration. Let's Encrypt was generating the certificate for www.heapershangout.com when it should have been for heapershangout.com (no www), and I had to reconfigure Apache to unstick it.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Go lee.
  • kill living beings
    hopefully this will fix the issue with my phone browser.
    Incidentally, I just got the www.heapershangout.com -> heapershangout.com redirect working again.
    suggestion: is there a way to set things up so that the posts have numbers, i.e. that was the 50th post in the thread
  • posts do have numbers but they're currently the #'th post of the forum

so yours is the 785138th post of the forum
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    which is very helpful
  • kill living beings
    hot damn i could have been gunning for GETs this whole time??
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    No Gay Electronic Thornbills for you, Klino. Crystalian orders.

More seriously, I would like what Calico is asking for, if possible, but there are other things I want sooner.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Calica said:

suggestion: is there a way to set things up so that the posts have numbers, i.e. that was the 50th post in the thread

This.
  • funny thing is if you edit a post too quickly sometimes your edit won't stick

for example, try typing up a post, then adding like "aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" to it and then clicking submit and doing this very quickly