Report Bugs Here

Comments

• If the last post on a page is unread, clicking will skip to the next page.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    noticed that a long time ago
  • probably an off-by-one error in vanilla's code

probably related to the way that the op isn't considered as a post for page-boundary purposes
  • This happens to all tags with "equivalent" forms.  Same goes with "thistagisalwaysapplicable" and its non-dotted-i form.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Still totally broken on the nexus 7.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Screenshots?

Screenshots?

basically the textbox you enter things into just gets bigger and bigger and more and more unwieldy
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aaaaaah that happens on iPad too

I wonder what it is about mobile browsers that makes the thing go haywire...
    the javascript's probably not well-designed
    Yeah

Makes me wish I knew about this kind of thing so I could fix it :\
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I don't have a Nexus 7 here to debug with, and it doesn't happen on my HTC One in Chrome...
    Your HTC One in Chrome probably actually pulls up the mobile version of the site, which the Nexus 7 doesn't for some reason.
    Yeah, everything's at least okay on they mobile site on my S3.
  • edited 2014-05-06 21:04:34
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Pulling up the desktop version of the site on my Galaxy S3 gives the same problems, though.

So it's a "this pulls up the desktop version instead of the mobile version" thing.  And while there's a "Request Desktop Site" option, there's no "Request Mobile Site" option.
    Aha, that makes sense.
  • edited 2014-05-06 21:13:08
    So, thing I found out by checking user agent strings: The Nexus 7 Chrome's user agent string does not have the word "Mobile" in it, while the Samsung Galaxy S3's Chrome's does.  So as a stopgap, you could probably tell the thing that looks for the mobile version of the site to look for "Android" and "iOS" as well as "Mobile", since that's where the Javascript problems originate.

EDIT: This also wouldn't cause problems with mobile Chrome's "Request Desktop Site" option, since this feature works by replacing the User Agent string with one that claims to be a Linux desktop!
  • edited 2014-05-27 08:42:06
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Hey Lucky Revenant tells me he can't sign in.

Says he's getting a "Permission Denied" message.
    I approved his account. It should work now.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Great, thanks.
    I have lost the ability to change my own avatar.

The "Change Picture" link just isn't there

Ironically, I do see the "Change Picture" link for everyone else
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    You know, I moved you out of the Member and Moderator roles...let me go check the Garden
    Huh, the checkbox that allowed you to edit your profile was turned off. Check it now.
    It's fixed. Thanks!
    So it turns out Sphinx had been installed, just not enabled. I have done so!
    ...and the search function still Bonks.
  • edited 2014-06-02 19:16:17
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    IIRC Lee mentioned before that Sphinx requires URL rewriting to work properly, and he hasn't had the chance to set that up yet
  • edited 2014-06-02 19:19:34
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Oh...

Disabling it, then, until that's done.

Someone left some debugging output in the registration application confirmation form.

• I see I wasn't the only one stuck with the same avatar...
  • Uh...could I please get the ability to change my own avatar restored to my account?
    Stray unchecked box has been checked.
  • edited 2014-07-09 18:38:55
    The forum resizes images and saves them as jpgs instead of pngs, leading to horrible artifacts on our avatars.
  • That's not a bug, that's just how vanilla do.
  • ???

i upload my avies as pngs, they stay pngs, no artifacts, life is good
    if you pull out a square to be your thumbnail it does as jpg.  I usually cut out the square in paint.net but this time I didn't.

And it's probably a setting somewhere in vanilla's config options, since I doubt Vanilla does anything other than pass the images over to ImageMagick or similar.
  • i can't write up posts using the WYSIWYG interface
  • nvm must have been something weird on my end
  • The wysiwyg editor of the full site hates this default android browser.
  • I can't see thread categories on the mobile site. Terefore i.can't civure out where it's safe to sbitpost.
    I reconfigured Vanilla to use the "like" method for searching. It's slow and you still can't sort or filter the results in any meaningful way, but at least it doesn't Bonk anymore.
  • edited 2014-08-07 00:36:46
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    And it can see the NSFW section! Thanks!
    Thanks Lee ^_^
  • What's the "like" method?
    There's a couple of different ways Vanilla can search for things, and one of them uses the SQL "LIKE" operator, which allows wildcard searches. The other way is specific not only to MySQL, but the MyISAM table table, and uses its FULLTEXT index capability.

There are ways of doing fulltext indexing outside of MySQL that will speed things up, though I'm not sure we need them yet.
  • Does this mean we can use MySQL wildcards in searches?
    I actually don't know...you're welcome to try it.
  • ULTRA-RAD HACKER REFUGEE FROM THE FUTURE
    it appears to be impossible to PM any user who has a comma (,) in their username.