Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

the huss is all over my dash all of a sudden
  • Hussie, Hussie everywhere.
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    I think it's his birthday or something.
  • Naney said:

who cares?

Two words: Tumblr Famous.
    Justice42 said:

Oh god, the Snuggie. 

My wife won one in a white elephant exchange and quickly decided it was the dumbest thing ever and turned it into something our cats could sleep on.

Truth be told, something a cat can sleep on is pretty much any sufficiently flat surface.
    I own a leopard-print Snuggie.

It was because of AP European History. The class decided that it would be cool to have snuggies for the after-school historical movie nights (which we all went to for extra credit). There were only 8 students (AP Euro tended to scare people off), and the price was reasonable, so it was done.

As much as I loved that fellowship, the snuggies were a stupid idea.
  • There were only 8 students 
    wow
  • I went to a small high school. About 100 kids in the grade. And most of them were cowards that year.

But we, the Eight of Legend, rose up and fought like men (even though only two of us were actually guys).
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

no words

Please don't call yourself a Corporal if you're a Private. 

like the ranks are totally different
    Things that are not misogynistic, according to Tumblr:

.... and that's about as comprehensive as it gets
    Deadpool's an X-man?
  • Deadpool's an X-man?

He joined for a little bit during Way's run, but got kicked out. Dunno if he's joined the X-men any other times.
  • I saw one once where one of those radvegans said that you can't 8e a feminist if you support the egg and dairy industries.
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast

no words

I was going to say that the crazy lady had a point that unconsental sex was sexual assault, then I saw that she said if her bf was asking for sex it was rape.

Heres a crazy suggestion, if you don't want sex when your bf asks, just say no.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Additionally, if you don't want to have sex with men, don't date men.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    What's worse is that she thinks that her asking for sex from him is the only acceptable way to initiate something between them. Seriously, that's just creepy.

I was going to say that the crazy lady had a point that unconsental sex was sexual assault, then I saw that she said if her bf was asking for sex it was rape.

See you're employing common sense and we can't have that here. 

Someone a few years ago came up with the notion that Western culture is a "rape culture" which, like many of the other ideals these types espouse, is quickly doomed to that familiar form of circular logic that fuels itself into its descent into inanity. Said notion is built on an already flimsy set of ideas to begin with and the witch hunt itself begins as usual. Anyone who doesn't completely agree is branded a "rape apologist" and a wholesale supporter of rape, and nobody wants to be accused of supporting such a crime.  Then you end up where this conversation right above here where the definition has grown to such a point that a sizable portion of the earth's population is now guilty of rape. 

And then there's casually tossing around the word "misogyny" to the point that it no longer has any real meaning, but that's another issue in itself. 
  • My dreams exceed my real life

See you're employing common sense and we can't have that here. 

Someone a few years ago came up with the notion that Western culture is a "rape culture" which, like many of the other ideals these types espouse, is quickly doomed to that familiar form of circular logic that fuels itself into its descent into inanity. Said notion is built on an already flimsy set of ideas to begin with and the witch hunt itself begins as usual. Anyone who doesn't completely agree is branded a "rape apologist" and a wholesale supporter of rape, and nobody wants to be accused of supporting such a crime.  Then you end up where this conversation right above here where the definition has grown to such a point that a sizable portion of the earth's population is now guilty of rape. 

And then there's casually tossing around the word "misogyny" to the point that it no longer has any real meaning, but that's another issue in itself. 
    I am reminded of the guy who thought that teaching children anything about anything was necessarily coercive rape, but an adult having sex with a ten year old was not necessarily rape.
  • edited 2013-01-02 14:43:31
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Considering what kind of misogyny and rape apologia actually do exist in this world, the devaluing of those two phrases is particularly disturbing.

^ Let me guess: He was heavily into Rothbard...
  • Considering what kind of misogyny and rape apologia actually do exist in this world, the devaluing of those two phrases is particularly disturbing.

This. I think the reason why Tumblr has taken things to this level is because actual activism is hard, but hating an entire group of people is easy.
    "douchedick", that's a new one
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    whoah

somebody needs to calm the fuck down
    NOTHING TRIGGERS ME LIKE BEING TOLD TO CALM DOWN
  • I think the pizza trigger guy was kidding. I doubt the second person was the same as the first.
  • it's really hard to tell.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    Have you heard of period blood cookies? Well...it exists...

That's like making a cake out of your own poop.
  • Have you heard of period blood cookies? Well...it exists...
    i remember a fairly long post explaining exactly why those were fake.
  • That reminds me of the girl who put a trigger warning for murder on a picture of chicken.

I don't know if she's 8een mentioned on here 8efore 8ut she is a real winner.

whydoIthinktheradicalvegansaresohilarious
  • The pizza trigger guy I mean, not period 8lood cookies.
  • Yeah, I remember you mentioning that. Was it someone you follow?
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    We mentioned someone who lost her shit over a picture of fried chicken on waffles with syrup. 

A Kankri impersonator "supported" her, and she was like "SEE! Someone gets it", not realizing it was someone making fun of the situation.  
  • No one can do Kankri better than Andrew Hussie, but that's true of all his characters really.
  • No, I don't follow her. This was in her previous url (which was elizabethan-yeowoman but it was still the same person) and it was on my dash because someone re8logged it for the lulz.

I -do- follow forfuturereferenceonly, 8ecause for one thing they post some interesting art sometimes and for another it's amusing to me to pretend it is a Kankri RP 8log.
  • For what it's worth, forfuturereference only and francieum are so extreme that they're probably parodies.
  • There are several reasons why dead animal burgers from fast food chains come with those wrappers. One of them is so that one is able to hide what they’re eating from the view of others. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • dude is a gender neutral term if you think differently you are wrong

It’s not. It’s intended to exclude the trans* community. 

yes i am sure that is the intention?...
  • Speaking of vegans:

How do you find a vegan at a dinner party?

fag-nificent:

veganraincloud:

flopryn:

Don’t worry, they’ll let you know.

How do you find a meat-eater at a party? Don’t worry, they’ll be everywhere, BBQing dead animals and stuffing them in their mouths and saying ‘omg vegans are so preachy’

I found the vegan.

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Cream said:

I plan to become a vegan.

WAVE O' BABIES!
  • BABY FIGHT

*chucks babies at any lurkers*
  • Cream said:

I do not get why you guys keep reading this nonsense. No one is learning anything and you can't be having fun.

here, let me take the OddFutureTalk approach to yesquoting
    Cream said:

I do not get why you guys keep reading this nonsense. No one is learning anything and you can't be having fun.

Cream said:

Cream said:

• It's funny, that's why.
  • edited 2013-01-02 18:19:13

It is occasionally funny.

Most of the time I find it really irritating, but I am in a terrible mood and feel like having fun at the expense of others, and this seems an acceptable way to do that around these parts.

Also 1500 get