Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

apparently there is a continuously looping version somewhere
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    What would that game even be about, man
  • edited 2013-01-02 18:39:16
    There would be different levels based around Calvin's fantasies each with a different gameplay style.

And you would have to navigate them while also dealing with the real world.

Wait.

That game would be awesome.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    I plan to become a vegan.
    Good news: you won't have to give up on steak

(yes, this is a real thing. Google it.)
    Naney said:

dude is a gender neutral term if you think differently you are wrong

It’s not. It’s intended to exclude the trans* community. 

130 YEARS AGO, IN THE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST

"I say, old chap. This word 'dude' you toss around at each other, what ever does it mean?"

"Well there now mister fancy-pants British fellow, it's a term of endearment me and the boys toss around at each other while we're out roundin' up cattle. It's also 'spesifikly made in such a way in that maybe here'n a hunnert years or so they might try to turn men-folk into wimmen-folk and this 'dude' term right here is the first line o' defense against that. See, says right here n' the charter."

"Oh, good show then." 
  • edited 2013-01-02 19:36:37
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    The term "dude" is actually even older than that. It was originally a Scottish slang term for any person dressed to the nines; it later evolved to mean an overdressed, ostentatious dandy, and by the early 1900s came to refer to out-of-their-element city slickers trying to "live rough" in the country and failing miserably. The modern use for "person" is early '60s surfer slang, and probably evolved out of the earlier use—a "most righteous dude" meaning the same thing in 1880 and 1980, given the right crowd...

I love language so much.

And yes, while most "dudes" were men, it's always been gender-neutral to some degree, as far as I can tell. So they're full of it.
  • Naney said:

dude is a gender neutral term if you think differently you are wrong

It’s not. It’s intended to exclude the trans* community. 

130 YEARS AGO, IN THE AMERICAN SOUTHWEST

"I say, old chap. This word 'dude' you toss around at each other, what ever does it mean?"

"Well there now mister fancy-pants British fellow, it's a term of endearment me and the boys toss around at each other while we're out roundin' up cattle. It's also 'spesifikly made in such a way in that maybe here'n a hunnert years or so they might try to turn men-folk into wimmen-folk and this 'dude' term right here is the first line o' defense against that. See, says right here n' the charter."

"Oh, good show then." 

SOMEONE GIVE THIS MAN A MEDAL.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    I used to not like mushrooms until I ate the Chicken Carbonara sub from Quiznos.

I was all like "whoah, this sounds soo delicious! eeew, but it has mushrooms. Eh, I'll try it."

And then it turned out that mushrooms are actually really delicious.

you needed to know this
    Mushrooms are pretty incredible. I just wish there was a way to figure out how to purchase one of those beefsteak mushrooms to eat, and I'm not bravestupid enough to go hunting in the wilderness for one

• edited 2013-01-02 21:10:31
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • It's funny 'cause I am not anti-vegan, I mean I respect other people's food choices.

It's just when the super-radical ones compare meat farming to slavery and rape and say that they wish they could put meat eaters in concentr8ion camps. Or when they insult people (and I am talking actual insults, not stuff like "8loodmouth" which actually sounds awesome as fuck) for not going vegan 8ut expect everyone to respect -their- lifestyle choice.

Regular old ordinary vegans who simply choose to eschew animal products and instead of demanding people go vegan they'll offer recipes and stuff to show people how yummy vegan food can 8e? They're cool.
  • The sadness will last forever.
    lol
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

kaddie:

100-percent-chance-of-bun:

Proven fact: Water will make your rabbit appear at least half their original size.

IM LAUGHING SO HARD

daww
    That poor rabbit
    no sense here
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    poob

• lee4hmz said:

Cream said:

I plan to become a vegan.

WAVE O' BABIES!
    ENTIRE TEAM IS BABIES!
  • READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    put this code into google

1emeraldranger:

secretsbest:

barackfuckingobama:

opponents:

2 sqrt(-abs(abs(x)-1)*abs(3-abs(x))/((abs(x)-1)*(3-abs(x))))(1+abs(abs(x)-3)/(abs(x)-3))sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)+(5+0.97(abs(x-.5)+abs(x+.5))-3(abs(x-.75)+abs(x+.75)))(1+abs(1-abs(x))/(1-abs(x))),-3sqrt(1-(x/7)^2)sqrt(abs(abs(x)-4)/(abs(x)-4)),abs(x/2)-0.0913722(x^2)-3+sqrt(1-(abs(abs(x)-2)-1)^2),(2.71052+(1.5-.5abs(x))-1.35526sqrt(4-(abs(x)-1)^2))sqrt(abs(abs(x)-1)/(abs(x)-1))+0.9

• Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Why do a lot of Tumblr people hate Whites?

Because self-loathing is the highest form of enlightenment. 

I see but it getting silly with Holocaust Denial and that Europeans are just evil colonisers.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Self-loathing is neither fun nor "clever". :/

It can be really difficult to break out of.

I see but it getting silly with Holocaust Denial and that Europeans are just evil colonisers.
    Holocaust denial is outright antisemitism.

That's the natural progression for this form of enlightenment. Everyone has to outdo someone else and if it has shock value (from being incredibly stupid or insane, doesn't matter) so much the better.

Simply being decent to each other is just too easy and it boggles their minds. 
    What I particularly dislike are the ones who presume they know your own mind better than you do.
  • edited 2013-01-03 17:40:36
    Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.
    a8 said:

What I particularly dislike are the ones who presume they know your own mind better than you do.

Yep, which is exactly the same mindset that gave the American south the Jim Crow era. 

a8 said:

Yep, which is exactly the same mindset that gave the American south the Jim Crow era. 
    What do you mean by this statement?

If you asked the people behind the creation and endurance of Jim Crow for all those years, they would tell you it wasn't for the good of the ruling whites, oh no. This was all concerned for the welfare and happy life of the black man, for his own good. We're looking out for him, we know what's best for him. We've already thought ahead for him so he doesn't have to. 

If you asked the people behind the creation and endurance of Jim Crow for all those years, they would tell you it wasn't for the good of the ruling whites, oh no. This was all concerned for the welfare and happy life of the black man, for his own good. We're looking out for him, we know what's best for him. We've already thought ahead for him so he doesn't have to. 
    oh okay
  • Cream said:

The discrimination was under the widely held belief that African Americans were mentally inferior.

Fun fact: In the late 1800s, it wasn't so much that blacks were mentally inferior. It was that they were inferior, period. Black people were supposed to be, like, twice as vulnerable as the all-mighty white man. The 'blacks suck at everything BUT sports' stereotype didn't come up until the 1920s and 30s, largely because Jesse Owens and Joe Louis became too popular to write-off as 'exceptions to the rule'
  • Arguing with an otherkin.

Woohoo.
  • i'm not sure why you'd do that, but whatever floats your boat
  • edited 2013-01-03 22:45:30
    Well, not arguing, but she got offended because someone jokingly said "I identify as a complex carbohydrate" and I pointed out how silly that was.
  • Cream said:

Racism is so hideous.

The sky is blue

Bonsai are small trees
    If you really want to see her get mad, tell her that you identify as whatever cartoon character she identifies as
  • Cream said:

Kids can be otherkin if they want, because people will do what they will. The only problem is if they are pushing it as if it were a legitimate social issue, instead of a personal quirk or a game.

And I guess part of the problem is that the term includes both "I am this animal" and "This animal is cool; I might like to be it."