Talkin about Tumblrs, man

1240241242243244246»

Comments

• fight. dream. horse. love.
    gotta stick with the classics (because I'm too unclever to do anything else)
  • Maybe this is just a really unfortunate Markov chain bot post? 

I mean, it might as well be.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    wow, and I thought the "I would rather die (and, by way of Trump getting elected, take everyone with me) than vote for Hillary" person was obnoxious.
  • yeah that's really 

wow
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    she deleted her account and apparently got fired so uh good job internet?
    Usually I just block obnoxious people. I don't try to ruin their lives. 🙁
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    People should really stop going for the "I'm going to tell moooommmmm" thing when someone says something stupid online. Not everyone is Pax Dickinson and it's a bad precendent and just leads to Breitbart or the Daily Caller doing the same shit back.
    Yup
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Plus I've seen times when the tweet in question genuinely, actually, was taken out of context.
  • edited 2016-06-17 16:40:05
    That tweet was really bad but calling it the "worst tweet ever" or whatever suggests one has spent less than 30 seconds on twitter.
    Indeed. The crap the alt-right excretes daily exceeds that easily, both in volume and morbidity.
  • the fact that the opposite political spectrum does worse doesn't make it any less bad.

I get the gist though, witch hunts are wrong and ineffective.
    such a tragic loss of life
  • Apparently Miraculous Ladybug is #1 in the TV category this week.

I don't know why or what happened but that makes me happy.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Apparently Tumblr "accidentally" deleted a lot of people's custom themes.

People are understandably peeved about this but I just kinda find myself laughing because so many custom themes are awful and unreadable anyways.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Would you be laughing if any of my blogs got caught in that?
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Even if they're unreadable, it's still Tumblr being Tumblr so I'm just here eye-rolling at how they handle stuff.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Well, like I said, I understand why people are pissed. It's just funny to me, somehow.

People get so disproportionately angry when things on Tumblr break, as if it's an act of malice or something.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I don't quite agree but I also don't consider it a discussion worth pursuing, so, from my feed.
    imageimage
    Ok, I'll rephrase: some people get disproportionately angry at Tumblr for what are obviously unintentional mistakes, and lots of other people (myself included, at times) reblog the angry posts because they're funny.
    i mean, on the one hand it's pretty actually bad, on the other it's as you said about some of 'em being unreadable, and on the third hand we should expect tumblr to be #bad
    i hear they're going to make the next generation PDF though
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    i can't believe it's still acceptable to write lists on why you should publicly ostracize [insert popular tumblr artist of ur choosing here]. i can't believe 'has drawn fictional characters in situations i find gross' is considered a legitimate reason why you should publicly ostracize said person. 
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    why the fuck does it seem like ALL of the stupid fandom shit on Tumblr comes from SU?
    Tumblr fandoms are one of the few things that can get so thoroughly "high school" that even I say "I'm too old for this."
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    the artist in question isn't even an SU fanartist, which means i can only assume the person that made this list really went digging through her blog
  • kill living beings
    Anonus said:

why the fuck does it seem like ALL of the stupid fandom shit on Tumblr comes from SU?

don't worry dude

don't

worry
    Anonus said:

because it's the only fandom where the stupid fandom shit isn't that it's invaded by 4chan/gamergate fascists at this point