Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    imageimageSo my likes aren't showing up, after I've cleaned a lot out. Best I can tell, those are 361 likes from deleted posts, blogs, etc., that Tumblr just didn't remove from my likes count or such? If so, that's pretty annoying, but not surprising. Mostly posting so I can see if others have dealt with it.
    Yeah that's it.

• I made a shitpost blog

It's a sideblog so I can't follow back and I have no idea what the fuck half the stuff I'm posting there comes from but yeah

It's like... stuff I'd randomly say in the Heap threads, like "negative burgundy" or "dad aesthetic" or whatever, and I only post to it when I have something sufficiently random to say. 

why did I do this? boredom mostly, and a desire to share random brain drippings.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what did that used to be
  • THING YOU NEED FOR A DECENT TUMBLR EXPERIENCE: THE HISTORY

Missing E (2011-2013)
    XKit (2011-2015)
    New Xkit (2015-present)

100% accurate, my entire dash would be buried right now if it weren't for notificationblock.
    To those of you that followed my previous Tumblr: I just made a new one, so that's who is following you.
  • kill living beings
    alright everyone down on the FUCKING ground, NOW, i got a bomb and i got this fuckin rifle and if you all remain calm and do what i say we'll all get out of this HIJACKING doing fine

by which i mean here is a social media thing that is not tumblr

"@mikefossey: its stupid when girls say they cant find a guy, yet they ignore me. its
    like saying youre hungry when theres a hot dog on the ground outside"

see it's a joke, right. makin fun of them those-rs we all like making what fun of, who think Girls are stupid for not bein into them. i think it's straightforward, i do, the analogy is quite clear: dudes who say this are dirty floor dogs. and i think it's pretty clear they wouldn't actually be the ones making this analogy because it treats the speaker so terribly. it's coming from an ironic place. right? right

i don't understand people
  • "i don't mean guys i mean YOU" sick burn.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It's like how people fall for Onion articles.
    I suddenly have a clearer understanding of why so many Twitter folks have bothered me: The way people describe themselves on Twitter is identical to the way it's done on Tumblr, where people list themselves like a little checklist. You simply must say you're [St. Rev's description goes here]. Not that I think it's uniformly bad, naturally, just that you simply must summarize your entire personality and/or ideology within those 140 characters/About page, which I've honestly never been the fondest of.

Also, see someone named Pigeon. Choice.
  • kill living beings
    that's why i tried to use a description form i grabbed from (several dozen) a spambot(s)
  • Heads up: if you vote and then regret how tumblr looks after that, there's a small button that says "Opt out of Decision 2016" under the big spinning ball on the top right.

I didn't realize it until someone else pointed it out to me.
  • this is just

disappointing

to be expected i guess?
  • adblock plus ily
  • edited 2016-04-01 04:24:38
    Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I use ublock and have ever since Centie recommended it to me.

Thankfully I can opt out nonetheless, because that was annoying.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ublock origin is better

this is one of the weaker tumblr april fools gags, yeah

my favorite was "tumblr pro", where you had a tophat on your avatar

"tumblr executive suite" gets an honorable mention for having the calculator that gave wrong answers, that was the funniest part of that
  • i was less concerned with opting out and more concerned with removing that annoying animation in the corner of the screen
  • my favorite was "tumblr pro", where you had a tophat on your avatar
    tumblr pro! i was trying to remember what name they used. i like the little video they had to build it up, and then when you pushed the button it just slowly lowered a hat on you
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Crystal said:

I suddenly have a clearer understanding of why so many Twitter folks have bothered me: The way people describe themselves on Twitter is identical to the way it's done on Tumblr, where people list themselves like a little checklist. You simply must say you're [St. Rev's description goes here]. Not that I think it's uniformly bad, naturally, just that you simply must summarize your entire personality and/or ideology within those 140 characters/About page, which I've honestly never been the fondest of.

One of the many things I miss about LIveJournal and its splinters was that the software allowed for enough space to actually describe yourself. I also liked the "interests" tags, even if they were a bit Geek Social Fallacy-ish.
    Hey people, anyone know what Xkit extension involves making it so I don't see duplicates of the same reblog? For example, Centie and Haven and Zyxzy all reposted the same thing, but I'd just like to see the one.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tumblr's userbase is kind of unpleasable sometimes.

Like, it's not enough to have the option to opt out of the garish April Fools color scheme; the fact that it exists in the first place is apparently cause for grumbling.
  • well, opting out still doesn't get rid of the annoying banners so
    Wonderful, the same clickbait spammers that were savaging Twitter a while back are bot-spamming popular tags on Tumblr now...and #upd8 happens to be one of them.. :P
    clickbait spammers?
    Yeah...they make fake profiles and fill them with obfuscated links to auto-generated ad-farm sites. These also have a new twist in that they insist you load an "age verification" plugin before you can see whatever (almost certainly stolen) content they have to offer, and I'm pretty damn sure that plugin is malware.
    wow
    http://steviemcfly.com/post/141558948108/fadeintobolivian-ssj14goku-defend-cuckolds

I think Tumblr is as fractious as it can reasonably be without just disintegrating.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Hank did not use the word 'misandry', and there is no reason whatsoever to suppose he had that in mind
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    of all the things notch has said, that one is one of the less offensive i think
    It's SA TvT thread levels of reaching to always disagree with certain people
    so tumblr still thinks John and Hank are problematic no matter what, I suppose?

seems legit
    especially with that ancient monitor with the huge bezel

what is happening

Did all the actual companies simultaneously stop advertising on tumblr at once, leaving them absolutely desperate? Did "Episode" go bankrupt or something?
  • The "Truth Finder" one is kinda ominous.

"Big Brother is watching. Type any name and see!"

No thanks. D:
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    Did you know there's a whole thread shit talking you on reddit? I can't find it again or I would link you but I just thought you should know. There's some very ugly comments on their.
    i don't know why people send messages like this. like, how is someone supposed to react to this? i know i sure as fuck don't want to hear that someone i don't know is saying horrible shit about me. 
    fuck reddit
  • Epitome said:

Did you know there's a whole thread shit talking you on reddit? I can't find it again or I would link you but I just thought you should know. There's some very ugly comments on their.

i don't know why people send messages like this. like, how is someone supposed to react to this? i know i sure as fuck don't want to hear that someone i don't know is saying horrible shit about me. 
    what? .__.
  • also who cares? reddit nerds get mad about people for no reason all the time.

that person is being a jerk.
  • It sounds like spam, honestly

If i was trying to hurt/inform someone with/about something like that, I'd bother to track down the link
  • By which I mean, there probably isn't actually a reddit thread talking crap about you. That person is probably just lying to be an asshole, which is an entirely different problem
    Someone on the internet compared me to Pol Pot once
    Odradek said:

Someone on the internet compared me to Pol Pot once

A claim so absurd I've never taken it remotely serious even in my worst periods of self-loathing, which is an achievement
  • Jane said:

Epitome said:

what? .__.
    Wait, why the fuck would someone do this? ._.
    My Tumblr dash in the wake of "Super Watermelon Island" and "Gem Drill" focused entirely on Jasper falling down and not the Cluster.

I wonder what it says