Talkin about Tumblrs, man

Comments

• edited 2014-05-06 18:53:20
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    @Tachyon: Neither do I. It's kind of a universal music geek meme, though. Scaruffi is a ludicrously prolific reviewer and extremely opinionated, sometimes in very snotty ways. He does have some really interesting points to make about lesser-known or critically neglected artists, but he has a tendency to bitch about certain more popular things in a hilariously baroque fashion.
  • Tachyon said:

i don't visit /mu/ so i guess i missed out on this meme.

I don't visit /mu/ either, it's a terrible place where people seem to be largely concerned with separating TRUE CLASSICS from pleb music and who think they can prove rap music is bad because something something harmony.
  • edited 2014-05-06 18:54:05
    SF_Sorrow said:

anyways I've aleays felt John's overty political stuff was a tad weaker than his more introspective songs

I do not disagree.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    hahaha oh wow
  • Scaruffi thinks that Nail is the 19th best rock album of all time.

this makes me conflicted because on one hand that proves that he isn't like a total scumbag but on the other hand he thinks trout mask replica is better

Tachyon said:

i don't visit /mu/ so i guess i missed out on this meme.

I don't visit /mu/ either, it's a terrible place where people seem to be largely concerned with separating TRUE CLASSICS from pleb music and who think they can prove rap music is bad because something something harmony.
    And to count as a TRUE CLASSIC, no doubt, it has to have been released only as a cassette demo in the most hipster part of Seattle, amirite? :lol:
  • I don't visit /mu/ either, it's a terrible place where people seem to be largely concerned with separating TRUE CLASSICS from pleb music and who think they can prove rap music is bad because something something harmony.

i'm like 100% sure this isn't the case

that said i don't go their either because they're a bunch of fucking plebs
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    it's all entry level hipster bullshit
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i associate the word 'pleb' with /mu/ because everything i've seen that's come out of there has included it
    And I guess the biggest problem I have with Scaruffi's Beatles rant is...dude, if you don't like the Beatles, just say you don't like the Beatles. Not all opinions have to be backed up with reasons, and it makes it harder to take your opinion seriously if you present reasons that aren't well-researched (presumably because you dislike the band too much to bother).
    urge to kill hipsters rising
    "pleb"
  • actually some of the /mu/ essentials lists are fairly decent but they always have weird omissions
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:09:40
    @The "plebcore" list: That is one of the most calculatedly boring lists of music that I have ever seen. Even the stuff there that I like just blends into the whole in the worst way possible.

^^ True. Only lists where I have ever seen Bügküll and Wire together.

Or Bügsküll at all, really.
    Lilly said:

"pleb"

*flies into a rage and smashes a fixie*
  • like you have this HUMONGOUS 100+ album essential jazz list and you have nothing from John Zorn, Peter Brotzmann, The Art Ensemble of Chicago or Joe McPhee?
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    That is indeed baffling.
  • and before you say "oh those are totally on the free jazz list"

1. There is no free jazz list. there is an "avant jazzcore" list which features a Borbetomagus album but yeah.

2 the jazz list does have Ornette Coleman and Albert Ayler so it was clearly made with including free jazz in mind
  • /mu/ lists that are cool:

* the harsh noise list

* the drumfunk list

* the good dubstep list <= actually the best list in terms of the whole "essentials" part of the "essentials list" thing though it lacks the Deep Medi compilations which i'm pretty sure were complied after the list was made so that's not a big deal
  • yer a ple8, 'arry.
  • Tachyon said:

Lilly said:

"pleb"

I think it'd be "Plebes," actually. I thiiink the form is pleb, plebis, i.e. third declension, but I'm a bit fuzzy on my Latin.
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:22:11

also there are multiple vaporwave and brostep essentials lists
  • also the deep house list is the trollsiest thing of all time

one of these things

is not like the others

one of these things

is not quiiite the same
    Kexruct said:

Tachyon said:

Lilly said:

"pleb"

I think it'd be "Plebes," actually. I thiiink the form is pleb, plebis, i.e. third declension, but I'm a bit fuzzy on my Latin.
    it's plebs, plebis, I think.  But "pleb" is a shortened form of the derived form "plebian" so it's just an English word, really.
  • Well, at any rate the plural would still be "plebes."

#latinelitist
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:27:03
    Lilly said:

Kexruct said:

Tachyon said:

Lilly said:

"pleb"

it's plebs, plebis, I think.  But "pleb" is a shortened form of the derived form "plebian" so it's just an English word, really.
    It is. The term "plebeian" has been used as an insult since at least the seventeenth century, and the contracted from is reasonably old as well.

On the other hand, I'm not sure that calling oneself a "patrician" was ever actually seen as a good thing...
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:27:30
    Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    I feel you on incorrect Latin plurals, but "plebs" is the English plural here, and pluralizing words as if they're Latin isn't really necessary in English grammar.
  • Lilly said:

I feel you on incorrect Latin plurals, but plebs is the English plural.

Yeah well

at least I'm not a flower
    what does any of this have to do with the bike i smashed
    Tachyon said:

what does any of this have to do with the bike i smashed

I have no idea.  I don't even own a bike.  Or, well, I do, but it's on the other side of the country, and it's not a fixie.
  • i don't have a bike either
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:33:03

I never learned how to ride a bike, ydntkt
    SF_Sorrow said:

I never learned how to ride a bike, yntkt

I didn't really learn until I was like eighteen, so
  • Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    inside is yellow ;)
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    The last bike I had was destroyed when a tree fell on the shed it was housed within during the blizzard this winter.
  • I have not ridden a 8ike since I was........ 15 I think? 

It's 8een a while. 
  • kill living beings
    a while ago i saw a book recommendation image from /pol/. /mu/ is, somehow, in fact, better
  • edited 2014-05-06 19:38:57
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i never actually learned to cycle properly.

i started to learn, and then i stopped.

a while ago i saw a book recommendation image from /pol/. /mu/ is, somehow, in fact, better

/pol/ is the one that's literal nazis, right
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Lilly said:

/pol/ is the one that's literal nazis, right
    Yep
  • @The "plebcore" list: That is one of the most calculatedly boring lists of music that I have ever seen.

I would call Goblin many things, but not boring. I'm not even sure if that list is supposed to be ironic or unironic, which says a lot about /mu/.

As for the rest of the list, I haven't heard most of those.

• My dreams exceed my real life
    That guy who stabbed a bunch of people in his school said they were plebians.
  • kill living beings
    /mu/ produced the The Seer nightclub story so it's not all bad
  • /mu/ produced the The Seer nightclub story so it's not all bad

ohhh yeahhhh forgot about that
  • http://demiaspietakane.co.vu/post/85060261603/ableist-slurs-ableism

Was more or less okay with this post but then 

The problem is that it’s still associated with how certain neuroatypical people speak and makes fun of speech patterns caused by certain disabilities.
    The same reason why “Derpy Hooves” and “Moon-Moon” are ableist: it makes a mockery out of people with trouble interpreting information or learning, and it uses “low intellect hurr durr” as a joke.

this happened

I'm always going to look like an asshole for defending this kind of thing, but whatever. IT ISN'T ABLEIST TO FEIGN LOWER INTELLIGENCE FOR HUMOR. Also the stalwart refusal to admit that most humor is inherently divisive bugs me quite a bit.
  • Kexruct said:

http://demiaspietakane.co.vu/post/85060261603/ableist-slurs-ableism

Was more or less okay with this post but then 

The problem is that it’s still associated with how certain neuroatypical people speak and makes fun of speech patterns caused by certain disabilities.
    The same reason why “Derpy Hooves” and “Moon-Moon” are ableist: it makes a mockery out of people with trouble interpreting information or learning, and it uses “low intellect hurr durr” as a joke.

this happened

I'm always going to look like an asshole for defending this kind of thing, but whatever. IT ISN'T ABLEIST TO FEIGN LOWER INTELLIGENCE FOR HUMOR. Also the stalwart refusal to admit that most humor is inherently divisive bugs me quite a bit.

> so i herd you like mudkips

> herd you like mudkips

> you like

> like