The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
     BWAHAHA EVIL TEXT 
  • The sadness will last forever.
    meow meow
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind

how much does it cost to buy an ellipsis 

• I am queen of much silliness and nonsense.

Imi, your pants need to face facts: either shape up or get lost. There's no room for shoddy work around here.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Heapers Hangout Theme Park
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    JZ: Indeed. XD
  • Irene: I'm just pretty doofy right now. It's boring as fuck here. Barely anyone in meatspace who I demand 'coolrad' is around and the town is very shut down right now.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

This is the sound module from my Super Nintendo.  Easily detachable and looks like it's entirely self-contained. There's kits for chiptune artists/aficionados for SID chips, are there any for this?

i love me some hello kitty merch
  • edited 2012-05-30 00:19:51
    Touch the cow. Do it now.

Hello Kitty.

cool

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    *begins disciplining pants* SHAPE UP, SOLDIER
    -turns Imi into shorts-
    that cat might need a doctor, i think
    MEOW!!!
  • edited 2012-05-30 00:22:36
    Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    And a dentist, too. Why doesn't she have any canines? I know she's a cartoon cat, but still.

Also, Imi is now comfy and easy to wear.
    JZ: Boring for me too. Well, kind of. I also finally get three days off starting Friday, and I gotta do backbreaking work on Friday too. I just need a rest from work, oy. By that, I mean 2-3 days off. I'm overworked. 6 hours with no breaks is just too much for me to handle.

me is brushing mah teeth

yay

• So I watched the first episode of the Tron TV series today.

It was amazing, but there's some plot stuff that might make it hard to fit in with what Legacy established, unless they wish to go for yet another continuity shift (we've already had one, Disney, enough already with that noise).
  • I'm feeling kind of childish right now. I want colorful toys. THOUSANDS OF THEM. Ones that beep and have flashy lights and shit. YYYYYYEAH

Imi: You show those pants their place in life >:O
    Those pants won't give us no trouble no more.
    6 hours with no breaks is just too much for me to handle.
    Shit, every Saturday I work 9 hours without a break. I envy the dead!
    Yeah, you gotta have more than 6 to get one. :/

Then again, it depends the job, really. Depends how much you got to do...
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Night, Lazuli.

I'll probably sign off, too, once I've finished this YouTube video. See you later.
    John le Fucker of Tythinge, imprisoned at Peterborough for the death of Walter de Leyghton and William de Leyghton, wherewith he is charged, has letters to the sheriff of Northampton to bail him
    Sometimes I've worked 11 hours without a break. Suicide looks like a better option all the time!
    John le Fucker = best name ever
    happy jesus
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night Gator.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *** Gaston joined #trashheap
    <Gaston> BELLE
    <Gaston> Put down those damn books
    <Gaston> And marry me, woman
    *** Gaston was kicked by TheBeast (fuck off)
    <Belle> ...
    <Belle> Thanks.
    <TheBeast> Remind me to ban him

Sometimes I've worked 11 hours without a break. Suicide looks like a better option all the time!

Yeah, that's just stupid. Where do you work?

Also, isn't that illegal in all states?

dAaaa 

blood
    mew
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Technically, I could ask for a break and almost certainly get one. But I seldom do, because masochist I guess.

The time actually tends to go by very quickly.
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I just did some research and yes, there are homebrew products for such a thing: 

http://www.raphnet.net/electronique/snes_apu/snes_apu_en.php

Unfortunately, I'm not an electrical engineer otherwise I'd make one of these damn things. 

• THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    And I found one of the songs Phelous was using that's been stuck in my head all day. Of all things, it's the 1980s theme song from At the Movies with Siskel & Ebert:

I haven't found the other one yet, but I think Skitch may have written that.
    MEOW!
    rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    hiss
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    For some reason that sounds like the theme song from Recess to me.
    hugs are nice

using blotting paper

it's good

for my skin

hugs are nice

Yes!

• Yeah...it kinda does. Man, I liked that show as a kid but I never remember knowing many kids who really liked it too.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-30 00:58:57
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Also, that SNES APU to PC thing uses a parallel port. It'd be kind of a bitch to get working with a modern PC unless it had legacy ports on it; a lot of motherboards still do, just in case, but laptops have been USB-only for a while now.

As for the guts of the thing, the chip on top is the sound CPU (a Sony microcontroller; the emulation people call it an SPC700 because that's the family it's from), and the bottom is the S-DSP, the chip that actually makes the sound. The other two chips are memory chips. The thing has all of 64k of RAM.