The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2012-05-05 03:33:17
    READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "It's all city.

ALL OF IT."

Gotcha...Looks like you have a semi-decent sized population of Muslims, there. 

Are their any Muslim or Arabic grocery or specialty stores? They often sell Lamb a little cheaper than regular grocery stores.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I don't know. As far as I know, everyone gets their food from the municipal government trade union stores. 

If they are around, they're probably really hard to find because the Muslims tend to live much farther away from the Chinese. 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Everything's made of little blobs stuck together.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-05 03:43:33
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ooh, grocery stores!

...you know sometimes I find it weird that Kmart has the exclusive license to sell Sesame Street clothing. (Not really a grocery store thing but still.)
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You have me looking up Kmart on Flickr now...

The first thing I noticed here was the signature Wisconsin traffic light:

Kmart (Burlington, WI)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Ooh, the Firestone sign he linked to is cool! Firestone has a cool logo.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    That is a cool sign. How old do you think it is?
    About 50 years old?
    ^^ You have reminded me that I wanted to stop and get a picture of the Broadmoor Market sign over in Whitehall. Maybe I'll do that if I go for a drive this morning...
    Damn, it seems I've been beaten to it.

I might do it anyway, though, because the store went out of business nearly 3 years ago and I don't know how long the sign will still be standing...
    Ooh, that looks like the sort of lettering that inspired Gotham!
  • edited 2012-05-05 04:14:04
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I always wanted one of these flip clocks. I keep looking every time I'm at a thrift store, but I've yet to find one.

Kmart Clock Radio Ad 1977

Also I notice they rendered the store's name in text as "K mart".
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Have you tried eBay?
    I haven't.

I never really put that much effort into finding one, honestly, but I keep hoping one will turn up at Goodwill or something.
    Ooh, Antique Olive! It seems to look good there!
    Somehow I knew you'd comment on that. :D
    I seem to have suddenly become enamored with Whitehall (Ohio), which feels weird.

I suspect it's a combination of the fact that I'm likely going to be moving there and the fact that I like to obsess over things, honestly.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    All right, I'm about to pass out, I'm going to bed. Good night!
    Night lee.
    Good night lee.
    Nightly
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Goad Moaning
    Mood groaning Wind Fish.

Oh hey a Dr. Ashens video.  Haven't seen one of those in forever.
  • edited 2012-05-05 05:42:58
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I keep meaning to watch his videos more often. I've only watched two all the way through so far.
  • edited 2012-05-05 05:43:07
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ^ Was it the one I just posted, which is only 34 seconds? :P
    That was one, did you catch my edit?
    No, I didn't.

Unrelatedly: A series of mindleaps related to Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny has me wondering if the Tooth Fairy is transgender.
    Mother's up now.

We discussed the possibility of me going around to shoot pedestrian signals...
    You did?
    Yeah. I might do it this later this afternoon.
  • 8ut I don't -want- to 8e a car salesman!

I mean hi.
    what would happen if twilight sparkle was secretly a colt

unrelatedly (or perhaps not) i have a headache

dragons
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    Sorry to hear about the headache, CA. Those are annoying.

also dratini
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    That being said, I'll be out doing errands for the rest of the morning. Sorry about that!
    See you later, Alligator.

why yes, i have been waiting for a chance to use that
  • TUMUT CREW REPRESENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! tumut
    Oh, I forgot about this place.

heh
  • The sadness will last forever.

M.I.A.!

• what can I get for 10 dolla

ANYTING YOU WAN'!
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

My name is Pancho I live on a rancho and I make ten dollar a day

I go to the store and break down the door

and they take my ten dollar away

• Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

pfft that's a not a full metal jacket reference

this is a full metal jacket reference

• yes, I suppose that also counts
  • Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast
    Goodbye for now