The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    That does look pretty cool.
  • Eh, it's o K.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    CA: That Celebrations display in your Flickr reminds me of those old Create-A-Card machines Walmart had back in the 1990s. I miss those things. Especially the original ones that used HP plotters.
  • TreTre
    edited 2012-05-04 22:30:48
    So. Another day, another new Stuck thing. Today, we've got Max!

I'll figure out something fancy to put on his shirt later. Perhaps an SBAHJ shirt to make another sly reference.

Also, this one was completely done with GIMP. Yay for progress!
  • Doctor Who reference in Pokemon B2W2? Headcanon accepted.

I have unleashed the rabbits for the evening

Three rabbits ripping through a house is quite an event

3 of 'em

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Aww. Bunnies!
  • Remember back in the 50s when they'd record like Elvis singing YOU AIN'T NOTHIN BUT A HOUND DOG and then they'd turn the record over and reverse it and it was all NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP NYERP and people were all like, "That is actually the voice of Satan coming from that song."
    One of the bunnies' faces is at an angle where he (or possibly she) appears to lack a nose.

Regardless, d'aww...
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    Bunnies! :D
    I should probably go to bed now. Good night.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Good night Gator and I am also going to bed so good night everyone.
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    Night, Gatorade, Imi.
  • i wish to come up with a song lyric for this signature, but no song lyrics are coming to mind
    'Night, you two.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night Gator and also Imi.
  • The sadness will last forever.

AVENGERS, ASSEMBLE!

• edited 2012-05-04 23:58:55
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    where'd everyone go
  • I dunno. Someplace.

Also, I did another picture thing.

how would you incorporate them into Stuck, if this isn't a stupid question?
  • I'm a loser. Also, Creeper. And a woman.
    We were busy. :P

My rabbits tried to pull a coup and garrot me while I was working on my math, but I fought them off and currently have locked myself in the bathroom armed only with a plunger

I'm hungry and the toilet stinks. Plz send corn nuts and ty-d-bowl

• TreTre
    edited 2012-05-05 00:14:28
    @Anonus: Wattpad has a feature that lets you post pictures with each of your chapters, so I guess I could do it for that if I wanted to make this a regular thing.

Otherwise it's just for fun. The scene with Tre botching their first kiss actually happens though; they both end up getting embarrassed by it before they get it right the next time.
    I thought they were supposed to be illustrations at first, honestly.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what I don't quite understand? In his Poundland videos, Stuart Ashen seems to talk as though things like "Funtastic" and "Signalex" are actual companies, when it seems much more likely that they're just lame "brand names" used to sell crap from random no-name manufacturers.
    What kind of name is "Signalex"?
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    So I went to go buy some things for the lamb stew on couscous that I'm making tomorrow...

...and good Lord almighty, lamb is fucking expensive.
  • Living tissue over endoskeleton.
    Bad Idea Of The Day:

Start another RP blog, one where Terezi was the one to freak out and kill everyone.
    I bet most of those names were made up by some random importer in the UK someplace out of whole cloth, and the actual bulk toys or games are sold on a trading post like Alibaba under a completely different one, or something stunningly generic like "SUPER ACTION FIGURE WITH ULTRA WEAPON 200 ct". 
    I always assumed said brand names were made up by the Poundland people, for some reason.

Also I suppose it is a bit funnier if he treats them as if they're real companies, and he is a comedian, after all...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The sadness will last forever.

yays

• edited 2012-05-05 03:13:16
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Dollar Tree tends to make up brand names for their stuff a lot of the time, but they're at least kind enough to put their real name and address on the back of it. Most of the time, with Poundland, it seems to be some random address in the Midlands someplace. If it has a contact address at all.
    ["Friendship is Magic Bitch" reference goes here]
  • I love Sun Crackers for that.

They're off-brand cheez-its with a totally bizarre name.

• READ MY CROSS SHIPPING-FANFICTION, DAMMIT!

i get so angry sometimes i just punch plankton --Klinotaxis
    "
    So I went to go buy some things for the lamb stew on couscous that I'm making tomorrow...

...and good Lord almighty, lamb is fucking expensive."

Yes, Friday is not pleased about this. She cooks it a lot.

How big of a city do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? Are we talking metropolitan area big? Or mid-sized town? Rural? etc...? 
  • Probably going to go to bed soon.

PlutoniumFist: that makes me think of Red Dead Virgo.
    You know what chain's made-up brand names amuse me? Aldi. They come up with these generic-sounding names like "Happy Farms" and "Millville" and "Chef's Cupboard", then design packaging that vaguely mimics the name brands. I mean, they're not fooling anyone...they could just as easily brand it all as "Aldi" and sell just as much!
  • Stars & Stripes is my favorite generic brand.

It's so weird, it's soda. How is soda patriotic?

earth below us

drifting, falling

floating weightless

calling, calling home

...This song still sorta weirds me out. I don't know why.
  • edited 2012-05-05 03:26:08
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    How big of a city do you live in, if you don't mind me asking? Are we talking metropolitan area big? Or mid-sized town? Rural? etc...? 
    It's all city.

ALL OF IT.

Aldi reminds me of the bad old days of the 1980s, when "generic" food was flatly a bad thing and came in cans with the least bit of graphic work they could get away with. BASICS and Shoppers in particular liked to abuse stencil fonts for this.
  • edited 2012-05-05 03:30:22
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited 2012-05-05 03:31:44
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    For some reason I'm thinking of the Big Bear that used to be on Hamilton Road in Gahanna.

Mother says when I was a baby she and Dad would take me in there and all the teenage girls who worked there thought I was the cutest thing ever.

...I think the building is some kind of medical office now.