The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I’ve also decided to take on double shifts at work, so I’m pretty much working full time for the rest of the month.

I’m getting paid for it.

Having to deal with customers asking for materials for their (sometimes weird) crafts is worth the money.

Spoiler:
    like someone wanting latex glue so he could go to a party dressed as a giant inflatable vibrator. I really wish I was joking...
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    what other weird crafts
  • Someone today bought a ton of flesh coloured icing.

Why?

She was baking a boob cake.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ...Is Imi's birthday coming up?
    that's in november silly
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Not gonna lie, if someone baked a boob cake for me it would be the best cake ever.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    It's that awkward time of year where if I go to sleep with the A/C on, it's way too cold, but if I go to sleep with the A/C off, I wake up hot, sweaty, and dehydrated. 

#Ohio
    happens here too
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Anonus said:

KWGN is running something called the Colorado Homes Show and it's just like this slideshow of expensive houses

One of the TV stations here ran something like this after cartoons on Saturday mornings, and I can't really think of a more dull thing to run after a kids' show than a real estate showcase. Even sports would be better because at least that's fun.
    sports are fun?
    Actually, I remember when I was a youngling they used to immediately show bowling after the Saturday morning cartoons were over.

As soon as I saw the bowling begin it was like, "ok, fun time's over."

sports are fun?

depends on the person and the sport

at any rate, @lee4hmz, I contend that Posthumus Zone killed TV sports music

I love E.S. Posthumus but still

Actually, I remember when I was a youngling they used to immediately show bowling after the Saturday morning cartoons were over.

As soon as I saw the bowling begin it was like, "ok, fun time's over."
    bowling isn't very telegenic
    also

cartoons on saturday morning in 2018

they have to be really boring don't they
  • edited 2018-05-16 13:55:08
    ಠ_ಠ
    So I’m serving a customer at the tills at work today, and I let out a yawn. The man goes “You need a siesta, Emily.” I briefly had an internal moment of “how the fuck did you know my name?”, when I realised that I have a name badge pinned to my work apron.

Derp.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    yeah it's weird when they do that

takes some getting used to
  • What’s even more weird is that I don’t have an official log in for the tills, so I’m logged in as someone else. My name badge says one thing but the receipt says another thing. I should have my own ID soon, though.
    that sounds kind of sketchy

surely the whole point of being logged into a till is to protect the staff if something goes wrong, so you can identify who was responsible for the money and record the discrepancy?
  • If something does go wrong, they’ll see that the person is logged in twice, and will know that someone else was using their ID. Besides, if something goes wrong, I tell aoneone straight away.
    It seems to be typical that new employees have to wait a bit before getting an official login.

At least that's how it's always been at my place of suffering
  • edited 2018-05-16 16:23:29
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    oh, we get ours right away

fairy nuff then
  • Yeah, I’ve filled out the paperwork, and should get my ID soon.
    It is May 16 and it is too FUCKING hot outside

84 NOW??? Jesus
    It's actually a bit cooler today than it was yesterday, but still hot.
    Fuck everything
    ceiling fan helps

at least it's not cold, I hate cold.
  • But it turns out that if you lose enough weight you can run around in almost 90 degree weather with a long-sleeve shirt?

Which is something I wasn't expecting
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Long-sleeve shirts are comfy as hell.
  • I’m the only one at work who wears a long sleeved company shirt. I was offered the choice of a short sleeved (what everyone normally wears), and a long sleeved, and I chose the long sleeved because I prefer them.
    I only wear long sleeves in the winter, because cold.
    My inbox as of late has been full of "We're updating our Privacy Policy!" emails from various websites/services...and I'm finding it quite interesting to actually look at them all, to see the contrast between services that say "This change only affects EU residents" and services that say "This change is to comply with new EU regulations, but will apply to all users." (Hint: the second approach is the less skeevy one.)
    it is still too fucking hot
    the Reptar Renaissance is something
    netflix's proprietary typeface kills me

like, it's like Graphik or Calibre, but a cost-saving version

I want Gotham back Netflix
    it's rather warm where I am
  • FUCK YOU LET'S TRADE
    nah, I hate cold.
  • EAT MY NUTS SLIPPYNIPPYS
    I am, in fact, allergic to nuts.
    I wish I didn't have to go to work

I guess I'll go anyway
    i feel like a Donkey Kong fighting game could be decent

something a bit more traditional than Smash

i was thinking of the Kong boss fights from Jungle Beat and i think the series does have the right tone to pull off a fighting game, it feels rougher and rowdier than the main Mario series somehow

and it has a cast of characters varied enough to make such a thing interesting, like Lanky with his ludicrous reach and Tiny with her shrink ability

maybe Mario could be the end boss
    y'know Candy Kong?
  • edited 2018-05-22 02:36:14
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    imageimage
    Green Man Gaming sent me a fake order confirmation email, and Jesus Christ, dudes.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    "13371337", very n3a4t.

Least they're getting, uh, quite a bit of pushback it seems.
    the fuck is green man gaming

y'know Candy Kong?

sure, she can be in it
    ARC DAY, JUDAS.
    You keep saying that.  What is it?
    i love how the new Cardcaptor Sakura has handled the introduction of contemporary technology

like, Tomoyo having a drone camera makes *perfect* sense, and Kero-chan is *absolutely* the kind of person who would pose alongside everything he photographs.  And the gag of Kero video-chatting with Sakura while they're in the same room was hilarious.

Also, whether or not it was intentional, it amuses me to note that by explaining what the 'D' stands for, the series resolved one of the longest-running and obscurest mysteries in One Piece.