The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    the d stands for Dfriendship
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    It's the dick, right?
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    it's the D-cups
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It stands for Dick, because all wizards are dicks.
  • kill living beings
    is luffy a wizard
    Everyone is a wizard in shonen.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

i love how the new Cardcaptor Sakura has handled the introduction of contemporary technology

like, Tomoyo having a drone camera makes *perfect* sense, and Kero-chan is *absolutely* the kind of person who would pose alongside everything he photographs.  And the gag of Kero video-chatting with Sakura while they're in the same room was hilarious.

Also, whether or not it was intentional, it amuses me to note that by explaining what the 'D' stands for, the series resolved one of the longest-running and obscurest mysteries in One Piece.
    The moment I saw Tomoyo with a drone camera I was like "oh my god, that's exactly what you'd expect the 2010s version of Tomoyo to have"
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Calica said:

It's the dick, right?

i mean that was the *other* obvious joke, but i'm a nerd so
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

You keep saying that.  What is it?

It's a thing that popped into my head one night and never left.

I'm 1000% sure it doesn't mean anything.
  • Now, I have lived in Sheffield my whole life. I often go to the city centre whenever I can, just to wander around. I know my way around pretty well, and don’t even need to think about what direction I need to travel in to get somewhere.

Then why is it that when someone asked me for directions to the train station, I momentarily short circuited, even though we were less than a two minute walk away in a straight line.
    the human brain is fallible.
    Toolsie said:

Now, I have lived in Sheffield my whole life. I often go to the city centre whenever I can, just to wander around. I know my way around pretty well, and don’t even need to think about what direction I need to travel in to get somewhere.

Then why is it that when someone asked me for directions to the train station, I momentarily short circuited, even though we were less than a two minute walk away in a straight line.

The exact same thing has happened to me before.

Stranger: "Do you know how to get to Westbourne Avenue?"

Me, who has had an entire map of the East Side in her brain since age 9: "Uh, nope, sorry!!"
  • I’ve just watched Battle Royale.

It was...

Violent.
    That was a fun film, several years ago.
  • It was £1.50 at my local CEX, so I bought it.

I obviously got ID’d, but the guy at the till looked at my provisional driving licence and said “Ooh, you’re only three months over the required age.”

I’m 24 in two months.
    what's a CEX
    UK-based chain store focused on used goods and techshit.
    oh
    If you're wondering why they chose to call it that, well...CEX sells.

If you're wondering why they chose to call it that, well...CEX sells.

centie.
    cex
    If they wanted it to be pronounced with a hard C, they should have spelled it KEX. 😐
  • Invocation of me?
    Crystal said:

cex

@Hexartes I was hoping you'd respond to that, haha
    kex sells...but who's buying
    i think it actually is supposed to be pronounced with the soft c, although i hear people pronouncing it like it's an acronym more often
    Did I ever tell you guys I'm extremely allergic to grass clippings?

If I ever get my own place, I'll have to pay someone else to mow my lawn...
    It also means that whenever Kevin mows the lawn, I have to close all the windows to avoid any pollen getting in here...and even then some manages to make it through the air conditioner.

It's awful.
    that does sound bad

are you set on getting a lawn when you move out?
    No.
    come to socal and get native plants
    lawns are more trouble than they're worth

only in my opinion though
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Semi-arid climate dweller, can confirm
    Lawns might make sense in some places but not the Southwest
  • I bought Omega Ruby for my 3DS, and for the first time in a while, I’m playing it normally*

(*by which I mean I’m not giving everyone ridiculous names.)
  • edited 2018-05-24 20:27:14
    ಠ_ಠ
    I’ll leave the silly names to the previous gens, like in Black when I named the character Donut and then named all the Pokemon after food.
    Donut is a fine name.
  • So...

Guess who’s going to be an aunt?
  • Also my new skinny jeans have given me carpet burns.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Toolsie said:

So...

CONGRATULATIONS

Toolsie said:

Also my new skinny jeans have given me carpet burns.

CONGRATU wait no
  • Yeah, my older sister is due to give birth around New Year’s Day. I’m going to be Auntie Em (yes, we’ve told her about the Dorothy and Wizard of Oz thing).

And my new jeans are skin tight black denim with little to no give on them, so it’s not surprising that I’ve got a carpet burn. I just need to wear them down a bit.
    Toolsie said:

So...

Awesome!!
    you can join the cool aunt club
    What do British people call a spigot? You know, the little faucet on the side of your house?
    You mean... a tap?
    Oh, it's still a tap when it's outdoors?

For us, the indoor ones are faucets but the outdoor ones are spigots
    would never have occurred to me that there'd be a particular word for that
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    "Spigot" tends to have different mechanical implications from "faucet," in my experience, with spigots having a little top wheel whatsit and faucets typically being operated by more baroque means, but both are types of tap.