The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2017-11-10 07:23:06

It is 3:30 in the goddamn morning and I can't sleep because some idiot is playing music.

It's happening again and I'm going to fucking cry. Who does this on a week night jesus christ.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I suggest getting some earplugs at the earliest opportunity
  • Yeah I'm gonna grab some when I go shopping today. But it's annoying because the feel of earplugs kinda sucks, and I'm not sure how much they help when it's more the thumping bass than the actual sound of the music I'm hearing.

FWIW they stopped not long after I made that post last night, but I had a lot of trouble getting back to sleep because I just kind of suck at sleeping. So earplugs wouldn't have made much of a difference. (But they might have helped the previous time when they kept it going for hours.)
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    Have you tried going and asking the person to turn it down, maybe? You can also call the local police non-emergency line to report a noise ordinance violation. 
  • edited 2017-11-11 02:06:42

Have you tried going and asking the person to turn it down, maybe? You can also call the local police non-emergency line to report a noise ordinance violation. 

I don't even know for sure where it's coming from. My guess is the apartment directly above mine, but I'd prefer not to knock on their door at 2 in the morning without being certain? Also I hate confrontation so idk if I'd have the guts to do it even if I was sure.

I'll probably complain to the landlord if it happens again, though.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    wait
  • Went for a walk with the boyfriend today. He set his phone up as a portable WiFi hotspot so I could play Pokemon go on my iPod touch. Went up two levels and hatched six eggs.
    Noice.
  • He also let me borrow his portable charger so I could walk around without losing battery life.
    gotta catch 'em all
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    my little waiterman, my little watierman
    what wil doday's adventure be?
    my litlte wiaterman, my little weaiterman?
    will there be dying malls to see?

what are you signnig chef

it's the the me song to our new cartoon

we have a cartoon?

yes
    it's called "waiterman & chef do things"

what studio produced this cartoon

Kmart Studios

They make the best amiantion
    like the 2019 tom and jerry movie

that one was the best
    i can't believe tom finally killed jerry

i know
    i guess that means the franchise is over

speaking of franchesis, i think we should francihise the five singers restaurant

will anyone want to slap our branding on their restaruant, chef?

they will once i bribe them with this sack of gold coins

these gold coins chef
    are they real gold?

no
    they're made of peppermint

mint and mint products, eh? the trash heap's favorite

it's good that today's Candaian thanksgiving wiaterman

i know
    now let's go to the library, which is also Bed, BAth and Beyond

Yeah!
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

that one was the best
    i can't believe tom finally killed jerry

i know
    i guess that means the franchise is over
    WB should be thankful that Mr. B left Pixie, Dixie, and Mr. Jinks in the back pocket for them
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    What were you thinking with this proposal!  This franchise idea is the worst I've ever heard, and I never thought you were the idiot brother.  You're not even being paid!  This is a bag of wet paper with the words "golld coyns", filled with ancient peppermints.  Are you sure this isn't a prank?

Sure I'm sure, bro!  None of the other restaurants will have anything to do with these guys, but, well, I feel I owe it to them, because I can honestly say, "Cafe Anglais is not the worst restaurant in town".  And besides, I was able to kill my tapeworm with some of the "food" the one they call "chef" made.

No.  Some of us are paid to put money in the pockets of stockholders, not to chase crazy ideas and brag about how all the words in our menus are correctly spelled.  It's not happening.  Dad put his heart and soul in this restaurant, and I'm not risking it with a stupid franchise out of misplaced loyalty to misfits.

Dad put his heart and soul into crazy ideas and honest advertising, but I guess you're right, those days are over.  Oh well, Chef and Waiterman will have to find some other harebrained scheme.

• mint and mint products, eh? the trash heap's favorite

accurate
    Mint is Good.
    I'm ok with mint
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Aliroz you are wonderful
  • the following is a durian-flavored yule log

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Crystal said:

Mint is Good.

#true
    B)

I accidentally made this my desktop while I was copying the url

yntkt
  • nice things to make one's desktop
    No wonder it's so cold in here. I turned off the heater earlier so I could use the single-serve coffee maker, and I forgot to turn it back on.

You see, my bedroom, Grandma's bedroom, the bathroom, the hallway, and one wall of the kitchen are all on the same circuit breaker, so if I were to try and run the coffee maker while the heaters were on in both bedrooms, I'd trip the breaker.

So I turn off the heater before I make coffee, but I don't always remember to turn it back on...
    confession: I don't like coffee
    At the end of LGR's The Sims 4: Cats and Dogs review, he mentions that his cat of 17 years died recently and it made him happy to be able to play with a Sim recreation of her

I love it when internet critics add little human touches like this to their reviews
    it was very sad when raocow's cat died
    oooh, triple D
    This new Firefox is actually impressively fast
    well yes princess foxes are supposed to be fast, i thought you would have found that out naturally through your sudies
    Miles Prower
  • wow yeah new firefox is fast
  • Got a job interview today.
    good luck!
  • edited 2017-11-15 05:25:57
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Grid lock.
    Good luck!
  • Didn't get the job.
  • But I’ve got a different job at Sainsbury’s as a night shelf stacker
  • I’m sorry the interview didn’t work out, but still, nice! Employment is always something to be thankful for, even if the day-to-day part isn’t always the best.
  • I’ll be working 11pm to 5am twice a week, stacking shelves. If I’m acting extra perky and happy, I’m hoping they’ll keep on for extra work xD
    ooh, night shift
  • So I was playing on The Sims 3. I made a Sim who was a massive gold digger. She went round seducing rich dudes into marrying her and would then kill them off, along with any family that they already had, using her fire powers (she was a witch). During one of her marriages, she got pregnant with a little girl. She fled to a new town so she could raise her child without any suspicions, despite having over 1 million simoleons in her bank. She had just moved into a nice tree bedroom cottage, ready to raise her daughter and hire a butler to seduce them as well, when my game crashed. But it crashed as I was aging Heston up from a baby to a toddler. I like to think the Hestia has enough of her mother’s shit even as a baby and crashed my game.
    the bitch had to die
  • Remember when I accidentally a thing before the thing was a thing?

Pepperidge Farm doesn't remember either.
  • Toolsie said:

So I was playing on The Sims 3. I made a Sim who was a massive gold digger. She went round seducing rich dudes into marrying her and would then kill them off, along with any family that they already had, using her fire powers (she was a witch). During one of her marriages, she got pregnant with a little girl. She fled to a new town so she could raise her child without any suspicions, despite having over 1 million simoleons in her bank. She had just moved into a nice tree bedroom cottage, ready to raise her daughter and hire a butler to seduce them as well, when my game crashed. But it crashed as I was aging Heston up from a baby to a toddler. I like to think the Hestia has enough of her mother’s shit even as a baby and crashed my game.

Clearly, the mother had witch powers, but the baby had reality-warping powers.