The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Excuse me I'm just annoyed because my phone can't grok the very few things I ask of it and if my wireless headphones lose connection every three seconds for another full fucking hour I'm breaking my phone.
  • It's nearly DOUBLING the length of every song I try to listen to! Fucking hell!
  • Hexartes said:

"It's not planned obsolescence, software is just optimized for the newest hardware"

Motherfucker it's the same thing

oh mood
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    mood for doom
  • edited 2017-11-21 08:04:19
    I don't LIKE wireless headphones! They're a pain in the ass and their sound quality is bad! BUT! They don't break after two work weeks of constant use! But damn, replacing headphones every two weeks might be the preferable option at this point
  • Youtube is really determined to be the world's least convenient music service, isn't it
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Hexartes said:

Youtube is really determined to be the world's least convenient music service, isn't it

let it be known that the SouthernMedia News Music Search Archive has a loop button, and YouTube does not
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Youtube has looping in the right click menu, and has for a pretty long time now.
    Youtube has a right-click menu?
    oh, it does
    moo
  • URGENT

If you are using Facebook as an outlet for your VHS glitch soft sadboi aesthetic you stop that right this instant and take that shit to Twitter where it belongs
  • Hexartes said:

URGENT

If you are using Facebook as an outlet for your VHS glitch soft sadboi aesthetic you stop that right this instant and take that shit to Twitter where it belongs

can someone please explain to me what "VHS glitch soft sadboi aesthetic" means
  • People who adorn pictures with VHS glitch artifacts and the like, and are prone to talking about how sad and soft they are, who generally spell "boy" as "boi"

it is... a thing
  • Hexartes said:

People who adorn pictures with VHS glitch artifacts and the like, and are prone to talking about how sad and soft they are, who generally spell "boy" as "boi"

it is... a thing
    ...well I guess it IS exactly what it says on the tin, then.
    I am sad and soft
    softcow
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Less than an hour till NATIONAL NOVEMBING DAY 2017 🦃

How are YOU going to celebrate?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Less than an hour till NATIONAL NOVEMBING DAY 2017 🦃

How are YOU going to celebrate?
    Eating a birb with my wife
  • oh hey that's right you guys are like actually literally married now

good job on that!
    I am going to do literally nothing except be a cow
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Jane said:

I plan to liberate the working class

I'd love to be liberated from rude customers and store music, but otherwise I'd much rather keep my job exactly as it is.  No me gusta change.
  • edited 2017-11-23 05:57:54
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I get to organize shelves!  They actually pay me to rearrange cds until they make a color pattern, to make differently-sized wicker baskets fit neatly into each other, and to stack notebooks biggest to smallest.

Well, okay, that's what I get to do when there isn't anything else to do, or when enough of my coworkers show up that I don't have to unload carts all day, but still, you should have seen how I arranged those videos!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I also get to triplepost and make references to the fact that I am tripleposting, because I should have gone to bed two hours ago and wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.
  • Hexartes said:

People who adorn pictures with VHS glitch artifacts and the like, and are prone to talking about how sad and soft they are, who generally spell "boy" as "boi"

it is... a thing
    Question

is it okay if we just do the glitch shit without talking about how sad we are? cuz like, I don't bother with that crap (the fact that I'm dead inside is well known in my circles and thus does not need to be said), and I stopped identifying as a soft boy as soon as I realized what the perception thereof was

that being said, I've mostly relegated my appreciation for that visual style to my musical output (and, very recently, my Instagram); Facebook alienates me to the point where I'm uncomfortable putting just about anything about myself on there
  • Oh honestly I was just being facetious and a bit mean there.

I guess if I were to be overly charitable to my mean comment I'd say, yeah, keep it off Facebook at least, but anywhere else is fine. And Facebook is fine too; I'm just a judgey ass sometimes.
    I have no idea what any of this means
  • Kids often develop aesthetics. These aesthetics they then display in a very public fashion, that can sometimes seem gauche if it's on the wrong platform.
  • TreTre
    edited 2017-11-23 06:10:58
    tbh, Imi, y'ain't missin' much
    see, to me, "Soft Boys" just means a really good and underappreciated psychedelic band that Robyn Hitchcock was in
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    "Hitchcock" just makes me think of the civil engineering building at Ohio State, which is presumably named after a dead white guy
    Most of the stuff on our campus is named after dead white guys, though we have at least a couple things named after dead black guys

Like Jesse Owens Memorial Stadium, named after an Olympic athlete famous for being a black person who won four gold medals in Nazi Germany
    Hitler was not amused
  • HOw yall doin. been a while

i leave taiwan pprobably for good in 8 days. im going to some places in asia and already excited at the prospect of dying in a cambodian gutter
  • Welcome back! Good to see you again! How has work in Taiwan been?
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Same old same old

got some kitties

• Hexartes said:

Welcome back! Good to see you again! How has work in Taiwan been?

first job started well and got progressively worse so i left, spent 4 months  living in an illegal apartment andworking in an illegal job, then got a quite decent job. tbh i would be happy to stay in this particular job for longer but 2 years in a foreign country w a very different culture is a long time, and my relationship nearly fell apart so its kindof time to leave i feel lol

maybe that paragraph makes it sound like ive had a bad time, actually ive had a lot of fun, this is a really chill country to live in* and i have loved most of my time here. my plan was always to stay short term nd save money and use my savings to travel so i guess im just followin the plan

*assuming u are a white westerner and not a filipino or vietnamese worker
  • Odradek said:

Same old same old

got some kitties

good Kitties
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    You got nothing to come back to in the English speaking world

Well actually I guess Australia and Canada aren't doing bad but w/e
  • Odradek said:

You got nothing to come back to in the English speaking world

Well actually I guess Australia and Canada aren't doing bad but w/e
    i left before brexit so im kind of interested to see if the atmosphere in the country has genuinely changed or not.. idk beyond that im probably gonna work another job until i get to the point where i have enough money to move somewhere new and then i'll be off again. maybe chengdu or bogota
  • Got my 50K word count up.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Very very nice~
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    sunn wolf said:

HOw yall doin. been a while

i leave taiwan pprobably for good in 8 days. im going to some places in asia and already excited at the prospect of dying in a cambodian gutter
    Calica and Buttercrispy got married

I'm still plodding away at school, hoping not to flunk this speech class