The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life

Or it was at least 5 vials. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention, cause the final vial took like. 5 times longer than the rest.

Good, the brave hunters of Yharnam need those blood vials to help combat the Beast Plague
  • I hate getting bloodwork done more than almost anything.
  • Tbh after all the plasma donating I'm kinda just, needle-indifferent
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    For The Oracle, leave at Junction 11.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I miss having blood.

(I just had 5 vials taken for my bloods.)

Pat pat

On the plus side, whenever I've had blood taken, they've always hit the vein the first time.

Yay~
  • demiurge said:

Tbh after all the plasma donating I'm kinda just, needle-indifferent

Yeah see I've always felt a bit guilty about it, but I've never been able to bring myself to donate blood. Just thinking about it makes me feel slightly queasy.

I'm not super bothered by needles as long as they're putting something into me and not taking something out.
    Lady Garbage, now that's the good stuff.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "suck at bleeding"
  • fossil conmfirmed for vampire
  • I dont know if I've mentioned this before but I actually have to look away while being injected with a needle for any reason, I have a really really strongly negative reaction to them. Some kinda childhood trauma maybe.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I don't exactly have a phobia of needles, but...nurses have a really hard time getting any blood out of me.
  • Son Goku said:

Game was good but its left me wanting to play an actual vn now

i forgot to ask but had this stored in draft

what was the VN you played?
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

I dont know if I've mentioned this before but I actually have to look away while being injected with a needle for any reason, I have a really really strongly negative reaction to them. Some kinda childhood trauma maybe.

i thought most people looked away while the needle went in
    I watch it every time

EVERY TIME.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    hi
  • kill living beings

I dont know if I've mentioned this before but I actually have to look away while being injected with a needle for any reason, I have a really really strongly negative reaction to them. Some kinda childhood trauma maybe.

i thought most people looked away while the needle went in
    I don't, yall wusses for not enjoying the miracle of artificial death
    I don't, because getting needled is fun. :V
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I have always had a bad reaction to injections. Having my blood drawn is fine, weirdly, but it's the psychological aspect of having a foreign fluid injected into my blood... *Shudders*

I usually request to lie prone for injections, as I tend to hyperventilate badly and have passed out from it in the past.
  • I have cut a caper with the dancing mad god
    I'll also sometimes request smelling salts or ice packs on hand if it's multiple injections needed. Doctors are usually really accommodating and appreciate the communication. I did that (and needed them, too) when I got my IUD, which while not an injection, was still pretty invasive and eesh-inducing.
    interesting
  • Mixed opinions, here:
    - most of the songs included in these are actually, dare I say it, jams (and honestly I even liked a couple of the pop covers and originals! not all of them, but a few)
    - a bunch of the movies here are from my formative years so I can’t really say I dislike some of the ones the author loathes (Chicken Little being a notable one here)
    - there’s at least one case here (Gnomeo and Juliet) where the animation is actually really dumb and off-putting but the song itself is solid (yes, I’m a Nelly Furtado stan, sue me)
    - I straight up could not get through the ones with the Minions (ESPECIALLY the Beatles one... 🤢) and the one for Ice Age 4 (which makes you honestly wonder why there are five of those in the first place)
    - I think this trope is honestly more tolerable for movies in context than when removed and placed into perspective alongside other films like this, but highlighting that it’s so common does make me feel like it’s a little overused
  • also this is only tangentially related but since it reminded me: I fucking love the character design for the other Minion

(both him and Megamind itself were first to do a bunch of Despicable Me’s ideas anyway so Illumination can fuck off)

shame about his actor, tho
    there should never be dance scenes in any movie
  • edited 2017-10-27 20:31:50
    For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Drywall said:

Mixed opinions, here:
    - most of the songs included in these are actually, dare I say it, jams (and honestly I even liked a couple of the pop covers and originals! not all of them, but a few)
    - a bunch of the movies here are from my formative years so I can’t really say I dislike some of the ones the author loathes (Chicken Little being a notable one here)
    - there’s at least one case here (Gnomeo and Juliet) where the animation is actually really dumb and off-putting but the song itself is solid (yes, I’m a Nelly Furtado stan, sue me)
    - I straight up could not get through the ones with the Minions (ESPECIALLY the Beatles one... 🤢) and the one for Ice Age 4 (which makes you honestly wonder why there are five of those in the first place)
    - I think this trope is honestly more tolerable for movies in context than when removed and placed into perspective alongside other films like this, but highlighting that it’s so common does make me feel like it’s a little overused

I wish The LEGO Batman Movie had been on the list, because I legit don't know how to feel about its use of the trope, and I'm curious about an outside opinion.
  • Dog woke me up again with his howling
    dammit Dog
  • He’s been howling an awful lot, lately. At least once, maybe twice a week. Maybe three times at a push.
    must be howling season.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Is there a good word for, when rolling a die, getting the maximum value the die can roll?
  • kill living beings
    winning
  • i'd just say "max-rolling" or "rolling max" or "rolling a natural [maximum number]"
  • I have a job interview tomorrow
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Good luck Tools!!
    Charlie Sheen
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    He's polite and wears Green.
  • kill living beings
    god is here
    Eric Clapton?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.