The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yeah, I've done it.

However, I only do it on my computer where Adblock kills all the annoying ads for me.
  • I don't even terribly mind ads! I mean, especially not if I'm listening for free. I do mind ads that are over a minute long if you don't skip them after five seconds (which is pretty damn inconvenient if I'm listening at work). Or, you know, ads after every song is a little excessive.
  • Gotta say though- work as a stocker has been a boon for me developing an actual taste in music.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Gotta say though- work as a stocker has been a boon for me developing an actual taste in music.

It's been the opposite for me.  The only music I intentionally listen to is the hymns at church (and, I guess, the background music of whatever computer games I play, and the background music of movies).  
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    *teleports in to tell Hex that podcasts are good*
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I don't even enjoy Simon and Garfunkel, Carpenters, Gloria Estefan, or Mannheim Steamroller anymore, and those are old favorites, comforts from my elementary school days.

I try to play piano, but scales and chords are just sound, and sound is a burden on my ears, ever since I was moved to working in the store itself and wasn't allowed to wear my mufflers anymore.

Anyways, Kex, it's been too long since last we talked.  Do they let you have earplugs at your work?

2002 MN said:

I don't even enjoy Simon and Garfunkel, Carpenters, Gloria Estefan, or Mannheim Steamroller anymore, and those are old favorites, comforts from my elementary school days.

I try to play piano, but scales and chords are just sound, and sound is a burden on my ears, ever since I was moved to working in the store itself and wasn't allowed to wear my mufflers anymore.

Anyways, Kex, it's been too long since last we talked.  Do they let you have earplugs at your work?

:(

I hope you learn to appreciate those things again
  • ILLBLEED said:

*teleports in to tell Hex that podcasts are good*

I've made a conscious decision that I don't really have the time to dedicate to podcasts as a medium. Plus, actually paying attention to something hurts my efficiency. So does listening to music for that matter, but not as much as podcasts or audiobooks and listening to music is something I do for the maintenance of my sanity over long periods of working alone. I listen to The Adventure Zone sometimes, but that's more out of an interest in seeing a genuinely interesting fantasy adventure develop in an unconventional way. When I'm done with TAZ I might pick up something else but only if it really catches my eye, er, ear.

I mostly listen to TAZ on the ten minute drive to work, the forty five minute drive to see my sister, and the two hour drive to see my dad, for the record.
    2002 MN said:

Mm, I *think* company policy says no, managers waffle between yes and no, but the crux of it is I don't care and they can't stop me, so I do.
  • Also
    ILLBLEED said:

2002 MN said:

:(

I hope you learn to appreciate those things again
  • I installed a synthpop album on my iPod, and then I got into work to find them playing the same album over the loudspeakers.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    what was the album?

Gotta say though- work as a stocker has been a boon for me developing an actual taste in music.

why is that?
  • It’s called “Electric Dreams”

One of those compilation albums
  • Gotta say though- work as a stocker has been a boon for me developing an actual taste in music.

why is that?
    Lot of time to myself doing repetitive work.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Are you a trans girl? If so, visit www.microsoft.com for free pretzels on Thursdays!
  • I set my time zone to Thursday to see if it works and now I'm banned from microsoft
    aaaaaaaaa

why do people keep doing this

aaaaaa
  • "Sam Kriss committed sexual assault" is possibly the least surprising sequence of words in the English language, with each word in the sentence gradating neatly into the next
  • Erm...

Without wanting to sound rude, but who is Sam Kriss? I have legitimately never heard of them.
    he writes 'thinkpieces', which is a pretentious word for 'articles'

he's written for the Guardian before and is apparently pretty active on the British left
    anyway no, this is not that surprising, but still horrible

ugh
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

#SpoonPriest

I love this and I need context.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Today's surveying lab was fun. We got to stake out an imaginary construction site.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    That is so utterly unsurprising and yet, augh, you walking piece of bloody trash.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Hollywood said:

That is so utterly unsurprising and yet, augh, you walking piece of bloody trash.

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Na-tur-al-ly.
    moo
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    so many terrible twitter dudes
    twitter was a mistake
  • edited 2017-10-17 18:26:26
    i know this is a little irrelevant to the article, but...

Show your support

Clapping shows how much you appreciated Sam Kriss’s story.

[circular button with clapping icon]

I'm sorry, but this is a particularly superficial example of a "push here to react" feature.

• twitter was a mistake

the internet making instant gratification possible was a mistake
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    nah
    pretty quiet hereabouts tonite
  • edited 2017-10-18 01:51:54
    *is sneaking, notices that Imi noticed that it's too quiet, trips and crashes into a pile of pots and pans, which clang and clatter in a horrible cacophony*
    Cacophony, you say?

#SpoonPriest

I love this and I need context.
    the original post is almost 5 years old, so I don't really remember the context.

#SpoonPriest
  • pretty quiet hereabouts tonite

GEE

SURE IS

BORING AROUND HERE

• MAHBOI, THIS PEACE IS WHAT *ALL* TRUE WARRIORS STRIVE FOR
  • hashtag not all true warriors
    what have I done
    Are you smart? Click here to register.
    no I not smrt
  • every now and then I wonder: how the hell isn't the music video to Peter Gabriel's 'Steam' become a huge meme yet
    PSA: If you have the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, you can get an easy emoji picker by pressing Win+. or Win+; 
  • My bloodthirsty woodelf in Skyrim, who is constantly armed to the teeth, has married one of her fellow Companions, despite also being his boss.
    marrying your boss? this might not go well