The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• "In case anyone is wondering, Anonus is stepping down from his moderation position for a while due to mental health stuff and stress."
  • Just saw it after I posted.

Take as long as you need, man, we'll be here.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Indeed.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Yeah, some bad stuff happened, we talked with him, and we all came to the conclusion that he needed to take a break because he was just not in a good headspace. He'd actually been considering stepping down or taking some time away from the site for a while, so ultimately it wasn't acrimonious. He needs some time for self-care and so forth.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tre said:

Just saw it after I posted.

Take as long as you need, man, we'll be here.

I passed this along to Anonus and he says thank you :3
  • He did join the TRIGGER discord today but only posted once.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    This controller is kinda funny to me

The plastic is translucent, which is...actually somewhat revealing

Not only can you see that it's molded for vibration motors, despite not having any, but you can look at the circuit board in detail and see that there are several solder pads with no components mounted to them...probably at least some of which would have gone with the nonexistent vibration circuitry.

• I always thought translucent game peripherals were silly. Maybe seeing a circuit board is cool to some people but even as a kid I thought it felt more like... they want it to be completely see-through but it's just an unfortunate fact that the hardware in the controller is there and it's kind of ugly.
  • I had a Game Boy Color with the translucent purple and I think it looks cool to this day

/shrug
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Grape Purple GBC for life.

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Pape Grurple GBC for life.

Grupe Parple CBG for life.

Prupe Garple BGC lir fofe.

• Did you know: Tennessee has a statewide sales tax of 7% and Blount County where I live has an additional 2.75% added to that.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

• edited 2017-04-30 16:35:29
    Grape is this one

which is not translucent so I don't see how it fits here. The translucent one is Atomic Purple:

Is this what y'all mean or am I missing something?

(fwiw I do own the Atomic Purple one myself I just think it looks goofy)
    ... well, I at least mean Atomic Purple, but honestly I just conflate the two because they're both great, so.
    Gives the next person a purring kitten doll
    I mean Grape Purple because it's the superior colour. :|
  • game boy discourse
    Discourse Boy: The Game.
  • For once, or maybe twice, I was in my prime.
    Translucent versions of things that are normally opaque are just great in general. The best LEGO bricks are the translucent ones; that's a scientific fact.
    Good transparent things: Skeleton watches.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    imagine if people were transparent
  • My dreams exceed my real life

But the fault is not merely my own. All of us conveniently forget the stories of our childhood warning us against the duplicity of Ja Rule. In Rulestiltskin, a poor miller's daughter is visited by Ja Rule, who promises to help her spin straw into gold for the king if she buys tickets to his performance on Saturday Night Live. He bails at the last minute and is replaced by Sum 41, and the miller's daughter is executed, partially because the king didn't get his straw gold but mostly because of Sum 41. And of course there is the age-old Knights and Knaves logic puzzle. You come to a fork in a road, where one path leads to safety and the other to certain doom. The fork is guarded by two men, one of whom cannot tell a lie and one of whom is Ja Rule. With a single question, can you find the path to safety without eating a substantial Ticketmaster service charge?

• I can't go anywhere without feeling like shit.

Go for a walk? Fever.

Go to the kitchen? Fever.

Sit up in bed? Fever.
    Toolsie said:

I can't go anywhere without feeling like shit.

Go for a walk? Fever.

Go to the kitchen? Fever.

Sit up in bed? Fever.

You seem to be getting sick a lot lately
    Tools seems sickly in general, if I may be honest
  • I get sick during times of stress, like now during my exam season.

I have a crappy immune system anyway, but stress helps make it even more shitty than usual.
  • I'm not going to drop dead, though.
    well I should hope not
    tumblr tries to somehow make this out to be a horrible liberal thing to say
    675599868.jpg
  • edited 2017-05-02 20:35:57
    kill living beings
    Supermarket news status: "trump will crush our eight enemies", but bill oreilly is a "sex creep" going broke over a coverup
    I mean, Bill O'Reilly is a sex creep going broke trying to cover up his sexual harassment, to be fair.
  • Soundcloud is down today, huh? Weird.

A guy named Drew Scott @'d me on twitter, apparently he knows Sam Herring from Future Islands (aka rapper Hemlock Ernst), I wonder if I can get a connection or something. 👀
    That would be pretty neat. :3
    That would be wonderful~
    My doctor and my psychiatrist both wanted to run some blood tests, so the nurse tried to draw blood from my right arm. She couldn't get any blood.

So she called in a second nurse. The second nurse tried to draw blood from my right arm. She couldn't get any blood. She then tried my left arm. Still no blood.

So they just gave me a printed copy of the lab order and told me to go to one of their walk-in labs to have my blood drawn.

So I went and wandered around a new thrift store, and a Big Lots, then went to the lab.

The nurse there saw all the band-aids from the previous failed attempts on my arms...and decided she would just draw blood from my hand. Finally, it worked.

So that's my medical anecdote for the afternoon.
    do you not have blood in your arms
  • Whenever I have blood tests done, I stop bleeding with the needle still in my arm. 

It freaks people out. 
    that's even weirder
    In the past I've had trouble with nurses trying to get blood out of my left arm, but usually the right arm works.

I don't know why they had so much trouble today.
  • that's even weirder

I heal freakishly quickly. One time I was doing blood testing in Biology, and everyone needed a few drops of blood for the test. The lab technician pricked my finger, squeezed it, and only managed to get a single drop before I stopped bleeding.
  • Another time, during a proper blood test, the nurse put the cotton pad on the spot where she took the blood and told me to keep it there for half an hour. I stopped bleeding as soon as she took the needle out.
    Odd.

I do remember one time, years ago, they tried to get blood out of my finger and it just wasn't happening...I think they ended up trying multiple fingers before getting enough. Fun times
  • edited 2017-05-02 22:10:25
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Blood tests always worked normally for me.

Baby Me was apparently a useless wimp who cried at having my blood drawn, but ever since I could remember I've always been okay with shots and stuff.