The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    man i musta hit some kind of harry potter sweet spot, reading it before it was cool and then ceasing to care before i could write an awkward story about who snape did or did not fuck
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Dumbledore
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

man i musta hit some kind of harry potter sweet spot, reading it before it was cool and then ceasing to care before i could write an awkward story about who snape did or did not fuck

didn't your mom write the awkward stories about who snape did or did not fuck
  • edited 2017-04-15 19:14:26
    My dreams exceed my real life
    whatever
  • edited 2017-04-15 19:04:41
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

I'm sad Lindsay never did that Loose Canon on God

"Jesus wrote that *paraphrased mashup of passages from the Gospel of John and the Paul's Letter to the Ephesians go here*"
    I am sorry, it is unfair to expect someone who has gone through film school to be able to do high school paper-tier research
    < Insincerity>

It's unfair to expect that of any creative types. They deal with fiction, not truth. < /Insincerity>
  • edited 2017-04-15 19:14:15
    whatever
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Odra, this is the nth time you have done this in this general thread alone. Please do not turn it into a thing, and please do not let your aggressiveness turn into short-sightedness; at one point you outright remarked that you wouldn't want to be overly critical of her because of being a girl on the internet and all, even if you did take issue with her research and such. But for the past good while you've simply been mean-spirited on everything about her, which is not a good look or good for HH. I think you are understandably bothered, but with no ill-will from my side, please, stop, and reassess how you're handling this.
  • edited 2017-04-15 19:14:08
    whatever
    Step away, or something, and collect your bearings because I really do not want to temp-mute you because your inability to handle someone liking someone who was mean to you, and Kex is explicitly trying to tide things over and not make you feel worse. This is also, I swear, the third or fourth time or whatever that you've called him out and gone aggro on him out of nowhere. The point of every conversation about these things is your criticisms get magnified and more volatile until you get to the point of, again, calling out and attacking someone apropos of seemingly nothing.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Going to work for now
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Crystal said:

Step away, or something, and collect your bearings because I really do not want to temp-mute you because your inability to handle someone liking someone who was mean to you, and Kex is explicitly trying to tide things over and not make you feel worse. This is also, I swear, the third or fourth time or whatever that you've called him out and gone aggro on him out of nowhere. The point of every conversation about these things is your criticisms get magnified and more volatile until you get to the point of, again, calling out and attacking someone apropos of seemingly nothing.

Odra, I wasn't really here for this, but I'll be blunt and say that it's honestly really fucked up how you've turned someone else being a little too thin-skinned and aggressive about a mistake into an excuse to be downright mean-spirited and far more thin-skinned yourself.

This is not how you cope with feeling bad. This is how you make things worse. Don't.
  • Can we please not get into this here, can we please do this in PMs or something
  • edited 2017-04-15 20:43:54
    ಠ_ಠ
    There was a juvenile fox in our front garden, eating the hedgehog food mum left out. Mac caught sight of it and immediately started growling at it. This is from the same dog that tries to convince you that he's so clever when he bring you a tennis ball.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Fox eating hedgehog food, eh?
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    If you give a mouse a cookie, it will take the cookie home to the wizard-mouse, who will reverse-engineer it so as to be able to lean how to create cookies, and then the first mouse will start making cookies for its enemies, because cookies are bad for the digestion of mice.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    my teacher gave me an outdated lab manual for a program I don't know how to use and he won't answer his emails

joy
  • Fox eating hedgehog food, eh?

Yep, I took me this long to get the reference.
  • So I was redrawing some art work that I did when I was a teenager, and I managed to turn an angry punk girl into a ~*~magical girl~*~
    imageGond remains open during normal business hours on public holidays. Gond also has no places of business and no holidays and no calendar.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Toolsie said:

So I was redrawing some art work that I did when I was a teenager, and I managed to turn an angry punk girl into a ~*~magical girl~*~

:D
  • dear mormon YouTube advertisement that explains the basics of christianity: virtually every single human being who is capable of logging onto youtube knows these things
    You'd think, but you'd be surprised
  • I know I sometimes overestimate what people in general know, but I assume, given the overwhelmingly christian character of the entirety of the Western world, that people are aware of the general fundamentals of how christianity works
  • like, a general awareness of something along the lines of "Jesus was a dude who was the son of God, died for your sins"

not expecting anything resembling knowing what different denominations think, or knowing anything about how the trinity is supposed to work
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It's kinda weird seeing headlines like "Catholics gather at church for Good Friday" or whatever. Like, they're not the only denomination who does that!
  • Watching Robot Wars

The child in me is happy
  • today I celebrated the resurrection of jesus christ by going to taco bell and buying some crap w/ change from my change jar
    On that note, I'm reading about LaVeyan Satanism and its tenets are, as I remembered, surprisingly reasonable if a bit dour and Kantian for my tastes.
    I feel that.
    But yeah, it's particularly weird in England, considering Catholicism isn't, yannow, even the main denomination here.
    gateway randianism
    Odradek said:

gateway randianism

I mean, yes and no? As Naney has observed, most modern Satanists are pretty far removed from the ironic lock-step of Objectivist thought; and even taking into account Rand's influence on LaVey, there's way more accounting for the intrinsic failures and logical traps of Objectivism in Satanism.

And in Rand's defence, a lot of people misread her criticism of altruism as a criticism of charitable behaviour and basic human kindness, which it isn't. The fact that she was, in her personal life, a massively egotistical jerk doesn't help matters; ditto her obsession with the free market and vaguely totalitarian hero worship, the latter of which LaVey seems to mostly dismiss and the former of which seems unimportant to Satanist thought and praxis.
    (I'm not becoming a Satanist; I'm just a magpie of neat, shiny ideas.)
    [The whole Pentagonal Revisionism thing is kind of nutter-butters, though. There are some interesting ideas couched in the inflammatory rhetoric but I prefer optimistic utopias to cynical ones.]
  • every single art materials store in town is closed >:/
    If it's not filled with birdgirls it ain't a utopia.
    Tamlin said:

every single art materials store in town is closed >:/

:< !!!
    Apropos of nothing, videos like these are a blessing and I love them.

Crystal said:

If it's not filled with robogirls it ain't a utopia.

ftfy
    At me when you - oh.

Oh you. Silly little robotgirl, you. Patpat
  • if it ain't a dystopia it's not a utopia
  • I've eaten too much chocolate, and now I am not at all regretting it as I endure stomach cramps.
  • Tamlin said:

I know I sometimes overestimate what people in general know, but I assume, given the overwhelmingly christian character of the entirety of the Western world, that people are aware of the general fundamentals of how christianity works

again you'd be amazed
  • anyway speaking of Christianity apparently the priest at our church started speaking in tongues (Byzantine Greek I'm told) during mass today which you may recognize as something that is not traditionally an occurrence in Catholic masses.

I wasn't actually there so I don't know how anyone knows what specific language it was, but
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Crystal said:

If it's not ruled by Alice Rae it ain't a utopia.

ftfy

• Jane said:

Tamlin said:

I know I sometimes overestimate what people in general know, but I assume, given the overwhelmingly christian character of the entirety of the Western world, that people are aware of the general fundamentals of how christianity works

again you'd be amazed
    ok but like

who are these people then?

what do they think about the world?

having no idea what the basic tenants of christianity are would imply not only a complete lack of interest in spiritual matters, but a total isolation from virtually *any* discussion of them?
    I can imagine people in other parts of the world not knowing the basics of Christianity, but it seems weird that anyone who's lived in America for any amount of time wouldn't have been exposed to it.

Naney: "tenets" is the word you want. (I am a grammar nerd, sorry)