The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    Why the fuck is there a sign at the landlord's office saying they're closed

Dude had better fucking come by
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I've been really sick since Wednesday. Terrible fever. So cold...
  • edited 2016-12-30 20:37:15
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    My head hurts...

That one's my fault though, I fainted and hit head-first on the wood floor last night.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Should I feel guilty for using K-cups? Because they're bad for the environment?

I don't know; I usually use canned ground coffee but I just got a machine for Christmas that brews K-cups and the novelty of having one at home hasn't worn off yet... >_<
  • Aliroz said:

My head hurts...

That one's my fault though, I fainted and hit my head on the wood floor last night.

Oh, wow, that's even worse than I thought.

Stay in bed, drink non-concentrate orange juice and stay safe
  • Well, I have a K-cup brewer too, and I can't say I've ever particularly felt bad about it.

I guess part of the reason is that we've got a thing for our home one that lets us use regular coffee in the K-cup slot, and it's reusable so it lessens the necessity of buying the individual packs. You do lose the convenience of having the regular pods if you only use the adapter, but it's actually probably better for the environment than even a traditional brewer that way because you don't have to buy paper filters.

It's also nice because K-cups themselves are expensive, more so than regular coffee-- having the adapter handy just lets you use any coffee you like regardless of whether or not Keurig makes K-cups of it, which saves you money in the long run.
    (2015 self)
    Thanks, Yarrun.

Orange juice is too unfamiliar and sweet. I'll stick with water, Graham crackers, applesauce, and toast.
  • http://www.keurig.com/content/reusable-coffee-filter

There are unofficial ones out there too, but if you have a newer brewer they might not work because of Keurig's dumb experiment with the coffee DRM thing. Definitely worth the investment if you're going to use your coffeemaker frequently.
  • That is basically what they serve after you give blood, so medical professionals agree that the gator should eat the Graham
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Tre

The machine I got for Christmas is a "dual brew" model. It came with an adapter that accept K-cups, and a reusable filter that takes regular ground coffee.

Most of the time I'd use the latter, since ground coffee is cheaper and Grandma usually keeps it in the house, but because I was excited to have my new coffee machine I bought a couple boxes of K-cups for the new year...
  • I only ever recall having fainted once due to extraordinary pain (in my thumb, that one time) but it wasn't an experience I'd like to repeat.

Get well soon, Al.
    *gives Aliroz a Princess Horseshoe to wish him a speedy recovery*
  • @Tre

The machine I got for Christmas is a "dual brew" model. It came with an adapter that accept K-cups, and a reusable filter that takes regular ground coffee.

Most of the time I'd use the latter, since ground coffee is cheaper and Grandma usually keeps it in the house, but because I was excited to have my new coffee machine I bought a couple boxes of K-cups for the new year...

Oh, cool! Won't even need an adapter, then.

Yeah, I see no point in feeling guilty. If you're feeling environmentally conscious, you've got the option to use plain ol' coffee, and in the future if you change your mind or want to get something like hot cocoa you can and it won't be any more harmful than getting the regular kind (except, perhaps, to your wallet 😛).
    This is the machine I got. Grandma bought it for me, because she's awesome and knew exactly what I wanted. ^_^

• Kewl. My personal one is this one:

• image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The End of Beans: A Post-Cultural Anglican Thesis On Why We Must Remove Coffee From The World
    Fossilmaiden wants to visit the dungeon again, I see.

The End of Beans: A Post-Cultural Anglican Thesis On Why We Must Remove Coffee From The World

I'm game
    Don't you have some cars to steal somewhere? :|
  • here's my fancy coffee maker
    You can't fool me, that's a cyberpunk sleeping pod.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    When you see someone on the internet express a strong negative opinion of someone like it's a given and you think "wow I hope that's not The Consensus now"
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Odradek said:

When you see someone on the internet express a strong negative opinion of someone like it's a given and you think "wow I hope that's not The Consensus now"

I misread this as show, but agree either way much of the time.
    https://twitter.com/merrittk

Like this person seems very mad at Neil Gaiman for reasons I am unsure of??? Also if that is a photo of them, they are attractive, though this has nothing to do with anything
    (2015 self)
    But Neil Gaiman, from everything I have heard of, is a nice person.
    I am inclined to think that's a cross between wonderposting and sincerity? But I can't quite tell. Either way she's someone I'm cool with making statements I'd be bothered by coming from other folks, given general coolness. Anyway, I get what you mean, at least.
  • edited 2016-12-31 01:31:14
    Irhtheyrree jokingink t

(That was what happened when I tried to say "I think rheyre joking" and Android autocorrect was having none of it)

(Also I have trained Android autocorrect to change "theyre" to "rheyre" and not "they're" apparently)
  • meow meow meowtherfuckers
    a lot of people seem to express their negative opinions as The Consensus, whether or not it is 

this isn't a diss on that person btw, i've probably accidentally done it in the past as well. anyway, i think his wife did something obnoxious that i don't remember so that's probably why
    Amanda tried to argue that a fascist regime would make art better because ?????, but that doesn't have much to do with Neil. 
  • Odradek said:

Like this person seems very mad at Neil Gaiman for reasons I am unsure of??? Also if that is a photo of them, they are attractive, though this has nothing to do with anything
    oh iirc she's friends w/ Collin Spacetwinks, notable furry internet jokemaker and Neil Gaiman disliker, she prolly got that from them
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    People seem to have spread their dislike for Amanda Palmer onto her husband, which is both pretty unfair of them and an interesting inversion of what usually happens.
  • edited 2016-12-31 01:37:41

part of it is "I don't like his wife", part of it is "he's not as good as 'insert weird fiction writer I like here' and is popular ergo he's a hack" and part of it is "I felt that trans character from sandman was handled poorly"
  • Odradek said:

it's kinda weird hearing merritt kopas referred to as "this person" but I guess she is only actually famous in certain circles

(I have no idea what her particular beef with neil gaiman is, I assume the flurry of it is related to the stuff with amanda palmer though)
  • I would tell people to send me stuff like, a random thing to say

8ut none of you (save 8oney who idk is even here any more) know my address and I'd end up feeling guilty as fuck if someone actually sent me anything

I would 8e a horri8le e-8eggar XXXXD

Amanda tried to argue that a fascist regime would make art better because ?????, but that doesn't have much to do with Neil. 

Oh so that's what people have been subtweeting for what feels like a billion years

You know, I think maybe it's just looking for tiny silver linings in massively shitty rainclouds, and that's okay
  • Jane said:

who is Merritt Kopas

a Popular Trans Twitter Person

idk she used to be an indie dev, now she writes stuff I think and is on like three podcasts, I mostly just follow her because I find her tweets amusing
    Well she is attractive, and also those tweets are irritating but probably not worth holding against her
  • edited 2016-12-31 01:49:27
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    https://www.google.com/patents/US5718632

I do not understand this patent.  If I am reading it right, it seems to be saying that minigames-during-loading-screens are patented, but that can't be right.
  • so yeah when I post "BUY ME THIS" on tumblr I am pretty much joking and would faint if someone actually bought me the thing

even if it was just like ten dollars
    Odradek said:

Well she is attractive, and also those tweets are irritating but probably not worth holding against her

She generally makes good stuff for and supports or signal boosts good minority-related stuff, and has owned up to her mistakes at least a few times in my time following her, so. Dunno about the tweets so I'm just going off of others on that front.
  • Dusty on the other hand wants you to buy her all the things.

Dusty does not know what money is, she just knows that toys and food equal happy.
  • Odradek said:

Oh so that's what people have been subtweeting for what feels like a billion years

You know, I think maybe it's just looking for tiny silver linings in massively shitty rainclouds, and that's okay
    Part of it was the juxtaposition of "trump will make american art great again, btw I'm moving to australia for four years".
  • should I hug the cat
  • I have hugged the cat and kissed her little fuzzy head.
  • like lots of people who try to be funny online, I have her blocked