The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    well yeah anyone can post a thing to the internet

ftr i'm also tired of 'dae video games are bad' but in this instance i feel it's kinda a fair point
  • it's not anything anyone here cares about strongly and it's just blowing negativity into the air for no reason.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    So here's a thing I was thinking about.

Butterscotch Sweets has wind powers, more or less. She can manipulate the flow of air in the space around her. This is useful for, among other things, making objects--or even herself--float in short bursts, by essentially blowing them upward.

So...if she were to visit a different elevation, say, a city known for being a mile high...that would probably affect her powers, wouldn't it? Like, if the air is thinner, it would take her some time to adjust to how she needs to manipulate the air to have the effects she wants.
  • I was upset, but now i am confused

because that sort of humor seems generally rather common and appreciated around here, but people specifically get upset when i indulge in it?

which would indicate that i am doing it incorrectly, despite trying various different tacks

i guess this means i should give up on it, but i do like being funny, and i was pretty sure that that post

1. didn't go after anything anyone cared about

2. didn't accidentally toss shade at people here

so i thought i was in the clear

sorry if i offended anyone, i guess i'll go to bed >~>;;
  • I was upset, but now i am confused

because that sort of humor seems generally rather common and appreciated around here, but people specifically get upset when i indulge in it?

which would indicate that i am doing it incorrectly, despite trying various different tacks

i guess this means i should give up on it, but i do like being funny, and i was pretty sure that that post

you have said yourself you can't make jokes that are just a slightly more extreme version of an opinion you actually hold. I didn't know you were joking =/

well, goodnight in any case.
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

I was upset, but now i am confused

Well then, you have my apologies for misunderstanding you. And good rest.
    good night, naney

So here's a thing I was thinking about.

Butterscotch Sweets has wind powers, more or less. She can manipulate the flow of air in the space around her. This is useful for, among other things, making objects--or even herself--float in short bursts, by essentially blowing them upward.

So...if she were to visit a different elevation, say, a city known for being a mile high...that would probably affect her powers, wouldn't it? Like, if the air is thinner, it would take her some time to adjust to how she needs to manipulate the air to have the effects she wants.
    this makes sense, and is pretty clever i think

i like when writers think about the implications of superpowers and use them creatively
    The Tyburn tree, i weep for thee!

The Tyburn tree, i weep for thee,
    Blood in the roots!

'Tis not a tree with bark and leaves of spring awakening,
    'Tis not a tree with blossom and fruit,
    'Tis not a tree . . .

No boughs to bend beneath the unruly breath of winter,
    No memories of woods warmed by spring's sweet touch.
    'Tis not a tree.

Take a ride to Tyburn, and dance the last jig.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Tachyon said:

[...] the princess of Centralia apparently drives recklessly, abuses royal powers, antagonizes royal officials, holds dubious festivals in her own honour such as Give the Princess Candy Day, introduces cruel and unusual punishments (e.g. being force-fed expired candy) and feels the need to reinforce her grip on power by badmouthing democracy and running a literal propaganda machine.

Also she snores, loudly.

So, i suppose it's worth asking, how well-liked is she?

This is still the best description of my Princess-self
    I feel zestflagged
    ^^ i forgot about that

^ zestflagged?
    I'm making up words again, aren't I?

Basically I forgot how much watching movies drains me, especially when I have a deep personal connection with the source material.

So now I'm feeling drained mentally but not tired physically and it's an odd combination. Zestflagged.
    sounds uncomfortable

This was gonna replace the Stamina gauge if i ever brought the Zestpoole adventure back
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    |nf|n|te Zest.
  • edited 2016-06-28 04:43:43
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    thanks Jane

i really should, if only because it's dumb that i've put it off for so long

i keep thinking, it's gonna be so bad, but then, i didn't even worry about that when i started!  it was bad and that was the joke.  and then somewhere along the line i wanted it to be an actual playable forum game with an actual story

i guess Infinite Zest would be some kind of ultimate power up
  • kill living beings
    I love skin hose so much y'all
  • I do wonder whether original Zootopia would have been a more interesting film than what we got

I mean, it would definitely be a hell of a lot darker, but that's not always a bad thing
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Jane said:

I was upset, but now i am confused

you have said yourself you can't make jokes that are just a slightly more extreme version of an opinion you actually hold. I didn't know you were joking =/
    Well:
    Tachyon said:

is what naney said really that objectionable?

most video game criticism is pretty low-quality in my experience

like not to say it can't be or isn't ever as good as film criticism, but that the bar to clear for publication seems to be somewhat lower

like, a lot of what passes for game criticism is stuff any reasonably bright teenager with no critical background could write

This is very easily exaggerated into—

when people say "video game criticism is in its infancy"

1. video game criticism may be, but criticism as a whole sure isn't. and video games are not such a radically different medium that a lot of critical techniques cant port over.

2. even babies know how to do basic homeostasis things, whereas video game critics consistently fail to understand the basics of critiquing media. this comparison is therefore an insult to babies.
    —something like this.

And you know what? It's harsh, but it's also funny; and it's funny because it's true. Not universally true, but true enough to be immediately recognisable. That there are, indeed, good and enjoyable game critics out there does not disprove that there is a problem.
  • My offer to do art for Zestpoole 2.0 still stands if you're ever ready to bring it back, Tach.

I'd love to see our friend Zesty again sometime.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Tre said:

My offer to do art for Zestpoole 2.0 still stands if you're ever ready to bring it back, Tach.

I'd love to see our friend Zesty again sometime.

I support this.
  • If I ever do another Heaper's Hangout Hunger Games, I shall recreate Zesty.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    I woke up with my stomach feeling knotty and my head kind of dizzy, that's sure fun, except not. At least the first has gone away.
    I just saw someone with a pompadour walk past. I'm starting to think reality is falling apart at the seams.
    Jealoussssss
    In Doom 2016, you shoot demons with a shotgun and then punch them to bits. 10/10, would Doom again.
  • New phone arrived <3
  • The alarm sounds are all named after elements in the periodic table
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I need hugs and cheering up.

I took a shower today.
    *hugs*
    Max Graf: Now, tell papa about why you are so scared of horses, so I can tell Dr. Freud and we can get all this sorted out.
    Little Hans: Well, I think it's because of that time a big horse fell down on the street and the bus it was carrying almost came down with it!
    Max Graf(thinking): He's OBVIOUSLY thinking about murdering me so he can have his mother all to himself
    Sigmund Freud: Ja, that sounds good. I will write this down as a success story.
    Offers Hugging Feather for the Aliroz
  • kill living beings
    Loll "multiple organ failure and antisocial personality disorder" iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiincredible
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    my little sister........

is sitting on the porch.......

with a boy her own age.......................
    Uh?

Cute?
  • edited 2016-06-28 22:40:54
    fight. dream. horse. love.
    Odradek said:

Uh?

Cute?
    The world is turning too fast, Myrm
  • edited 2016-06-28 22:42:09
    My dreams exceed my real life

Odradek said:

Uh?

Cute?
    The world is turning too fast, Myrm
    Try listening to this over the end of the episode-montage while staring at the sunset

I feel like "twit" is an underused insult.

Mind you, I only thought of this because I used "you little twit!" as a stand-in for "you little shit!" in something I was writing, because the Sweets family doesn't swear.
    that shark looks like a real twit
    why do some TV Tropes pages have their examples sections alphabetized and others don't

i don't remember that being a thing back when i looked at the wiki regularly
    how the fuck did a moth get in here

this is a basement

stupid little twit