The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• kill living beings
    I like how you can just make shit out of nothing

My ideal dnd character is a Mage or psion or schmendrick or whatever that doesn't fight and just makes golems and mirrors that reflect your most cherished memory and stuff like that. Who needs fighting
  • kill living beings
    Psionics sandwich?
  • Playing a golemancer in D&D is hard as hell is the unfortunate part.

They're expensive.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The Psionic Sandwich was an attempt to build the most optimized useless character possible, back on 339. The nice thing about this trick is that Tleilaxu_Ghola found a way to effectively get a True Mindswitch without paying the 10,000XP cost.

The Psionic Sandwich by Tleilaxu_Ghola

Hmph, I think I should edit my original mind-switch thread. The most optimal way to gain a body permanently is no longer true mind switch. It's to use astral seed + mind switch + psychic chirurgery. The result is an XP expendature of 0 XP, that's right zero. You lose no levels, and you gain all the effects of true mind switch.

Anyways, so in lieu of what I just said above, the most optimal way to create the most un-optimal character is to use the following sequence and build:

Race: Elan
    Build: Telepath 20
    Feats: Any, must have EK(Astral Seed) and skill focus (craft [basket weaving])

1. Acquire a loaf of bread (2cp)
    2. Turn the bread into a sandwich (craft DC 5) (probably 2 minutes)
    3. Polymorph the sandwich (preferably ham with mustard, pepperoni, salami, and jalapenos) into a fuzzy little bunny. (NPC casting 1200 gp) (1 standard action)
    4. Cast astral seed (10 minutes)
    5. Ritualistically slay yourself with favored method of suicide. Be sure to place your storage crystal next to the sandwich turned bunny. (I prefer to be killed with a dagger to the heart... :shifty: ) (Approximately 5 rounds)
    6. Use mind-switch (the 6th level power) to switch with the rabbit, while in your storage crystal. (1 std action)
    7. Metamorph into a troll and smash your storage crystal (now containing the mind of a sandwich). (2 standard actions)
    8. Use psychic chirurgery to remove your negative level gotten from committing suicide. (10 minutes)
    9. Dismiss your metamorphosis and manifest dispel psionics on yourself (to dispel the polymorph). (2 standard actions)

Congratulations, your ascension to the sublime state of a sandwich took:
    23 minutes 6 seconds and cost you 1200.02 gold pieces.

Any one have a more optimal method?

Now, it occurred to me that this might not be a half bad character to play. So long as you pick up the power psionic overland flight and tweak your character levels a bit, you could seriously play a sandwich. Of course your hitpoints or AC wouldn't be much to speak of... but honestly, who is going to kill the sandwich that the fighter packs.
  • kill living beings
    Well a, I can start with the mirrors and the, let's check this book here, magic tats and psychometric gloves, to work up some capital. B, I just charge fuckers and make golems for them! By commission, see
  • kill living beings

The Psionic Sandwich was an attempt to build the most optimized useless character possible, back on 339. The nice thing about this trick is that Tleilaxu_Ghola found a way to effectively get a True Mindswitch without paying the 10,000XP cost.

The Psionic Sandwich by Tleilaxu_Ghola

Hmph, I think I should edit my original mind-switch thread. The most optimal way to gain a body permanently is no longer true mind switch. It's to use astral seed + mind switch + psychic chirurgery. The result is an XP expendature of 0 XP, that's right zero. You lose no levels, and you gain all the effects of true mind switch.

Anyways, so in lieu of what I just said above, the most optimal way to create the most un-optimal character is to use the following sequence and build:

Race: Elan
    Build: Telepath 20
    Feats: Any, must have EK(Astral Seed) and skill focus (craft [basket weaving])

1. Acquire a loaf of bread (2cp)
    2. Turn the bread into a sandwich (craft DC 5) (probably 2 minutes)
    3. Polymorph the sandwich (preferably ham with mustard, pepperoni, salami, and jalapenos) into a fuzzy little bunny. (NPC casting 1200 gp) (1 standard action)
    4. Cast astral seed (10 minutes)
    5. Ritualistically slay yourself with favored method of suicide. Be sure to place your storage crystal next to the sandwich turned bunny. (I prefer to be killed with a dagger to the heart... :shifty: ) (Approximately 5 rounds)
    6. Use mind-switch (the 6th level power) to switch with the rabbit, while in your storage crystal. (1 std action)
    7. Metamorph into a troll and smash your storage crystal (now containing the mind of a sandwich). (2 standard actions)
    8. Use psychic chirurgery to remove your negative level gotten from committing suicide. (10 minutes)
    9. Dismiss your metamorphosis and manifest dispel psionics on yourself (to dispel the polymorph). (2 standard actions)

Congratulations, your ascension to the sublime state of a sandwich took:
    23 minutes 6 seconds and cost you 1200.02 gold pieces.

Any one have a more optimal method?

Now, it occurred to me that this might not be a half bad character to play. So long as you pick up the power psionic overland flight and tweak your character levels a bit, you could seriously play a sandwich. Of course your hitpoints or AC wouldn't be much to speak of... but honestly, who is going to kill the sandwich that the fighter packs.

delicious
    Beat Zero Time Dilemma, and it only took 10 minutes, to boot!
    Apparently "social eating" is a thing on Twitch now??????
  • edited 2016-06-30 06:50:13
    ಠ_ಠ
    I broke a self service checkout at Sainsbury's this morning.

Whoops.
  • There's a woman on the bus who looks like she has her jumper on back to front. I'm trying to work out if it's designed to look that way or if she hasn't realised.
  • Wow, forum really is dead right now...
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    It's usually dead-ish around 12-2 your time, generally giving some time. I'm only awake because my dog's barking woke me up. :/
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Jane said:

Playing a golemancer in D&D is hard as hell is the unfortunate part.

They're expensive.
    My favorite useless Golem thing in D&D is the Dread Guard.

To create one, you have to be 15th level, and pay 40,000 GP. Once you have one, you just essentially have a mindless robot guard whose only real perk in battle is a lot of HP, and which the game itself gives a challenge rating of 2. 

Not to mention that way back at 11th level, you could use Necromancy to create a Mummy or a Morgh  for under a 1000 GP, either of which are much more valuable foes, being at 5 and 8 for challenge rating respectively.

AND for just a little more than the cost of a Dread Guard, you could create a Flesh Golem which is also way better than a Dread Guard.

Don't make Dread Guards
  • edited 2016-06-30 15:04:13
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The correct answer to the final Splatfest is Annie.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i can see myself making one (without having read that post obviously), the thought process would probably go something like
    1. this sounds impressive and you have to be 15th level and pay 40,000 GP for it, so it must be good
    2. but it doesn't seem that great
    3. so there must be some strategic advantage to this i haven't figured out yet, otherwise what would be the point?
    Also Boris Johnson will no longer run for PM because Michael Gove met three witches who told him to usurp the throne.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Which means the rightful king shall be not born of woman?
    It should, of course, be noted that Boris Johnson's leadership bid lasted approximately 9 minutes.

(I wish I was joking about that.)
    i just really hope this doesn't lead to Liam Fox becoming PM :/

though Gove as PM would be bad enough
    May's the favourite RN, which is a terrifying thought. Not Boris terrifying, but still.
    i don't want any of these candidates to be PM
    Goodness I'm so tired I may actually be dizzy, or that's hopefully just me getting out of bed.

Continued wishes to y'all too.
  • kill living beings
    Final splat fest? :o
    It shall all end in ink and tears, the last battle, a fishious fight for supremasquid!

Callie vs. Marie, sisters (who are actually cousins) locked in a battle to come out on top!

The end draws near!
  • I'm taking it as a sign that a sequel is on the way, possibly for the NX

A year and a month with free updates is a pretty long run for a shooter, it's only natural that they'd have to kinda wind things down after a while
  • edited 2016-06-30 16:47:34
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Of course, it's obvious who the winner must be.
    Callie-Marie?
    Crystal said:

Callie-Marie?

How silly, they can't both win.

Unrelatedly, video evidence that Michael Gove is definitely a lizardperson.
    I am going to see 10 Cloverfield Lane tonight
  • have fun!!! i liked it
    John Goodman is an immensely underrated actor, that dude is amazing.

I have been watching Community, and Donald Glover/Childish Gambino has the best facial expressions
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Odradek said:

what made you think of this
    Anonus said:

Odradek said:

Every appearance he has ever made in a Coen Brothers movie.

He really should have won an Oscar for Barton Fink
  • my hair keeps tickling my nose :<
    Become Tycho Brahe, cut your nose off.
    Odradek said:

Anonus said:

Odradek said:

Every appearance he has ever made in a Coen Brothers movie.

He really should have won an Oscar for Barton Fink
    I keep meaning to watch The Big Lebowski

People love The Dude
    I enjoyed it a lot more than expected.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    they way cartoon network releases new episodes of things is very strange

they seem to do it mostly with SU so as to torture us

i hear the -Bomb format has spread to their other shows, and if you look here you'll notice that their one-time signature show PPG had kind of an erratic schedule too - not as much as SU's (at least in the seasons that weren't weird and over-the-hill) but still
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Anonus said:

they seem to do it mostly with SU so as to torture us

i hear the -Bomb format has spread to their other shows, and if you look here you'll notice that their one-time signature show PPG had kind of an erratic schedule too - not as much as SU's (at least in the seasons that weren't weird and over-the-hill) but still
    The Bakemonogatari franchise has apparently been doing it with adaptations of the novels' weird side-stories for a while now. So... anime?
  • CN's scheduling people probably don't watch much anime. 

SU has a weird demographic spread and CN knows it. The Bomb format lets them roll out new episodes without interfering much with the scheduling of their other shows that are more popular but are only popular with their target demo.
    haha maybe!

but yeah, I remember back in the Cartoon Cartoon Fridays years, new episodes of stuff were an extra big deal
    i kinda don't like the StevenBomb format

i don't like waiting ages, and then it's all in one week, and then we wait forever again

i'd much rather have the episodes spread out, one a week
  • Tachyon said:

i kinda don't like the StevenBomb format

i don't like waiting ages, and then it's all in one week, and then we wait forever again

i'd much rather have the episodes spread out, one a week

almost no one (including the show's own crew) likes it.

It's just convenient for the company, that's why they use it.

They use it with their other shows that have the periphery young adult demo too (Adventure Time gets bombs semi-often as well).
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    Anonus said:

they seem to do it mostly with SU so as to torture usl
    they and Nickoledeon have been doing it like this for as long as I can remember, though
  • it's #inspired by the fact that millennials like to #binge shows, y'see!
  • edited 2016-07-01 00:39:26
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    there is no such thing as a 'millennial'

it's not a thing

i'm not a millennial, you're not a millennial

it's an imaginary concept invented by idiots