The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Anonus said:

pepsi

oops i mean Pespi
    Kexruct said:

Within a few pages of that is a recording of my mother being abusive and a very early mention of Odradek's budding hatred for Marvel

When did things start happening years ago as opposed to months and weeks and days ago?

i know it
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The Penguins won the Stanley Cup.

This is not being mentioned much, because this town has one favorite team, and it is headed by a heroic rapist neanderthal.
    http://www.cracked.com/blog/6-objective-reasons-ronald-reagan-was-our-worst-president/

It's so weird to see ATB write an article that required research
  • I wish I could be the Vriska in my avatar and hug a pile of kittens. :3
  • It's like that scene is Scrubs with the box of kittens.
    Oh SA is retconning it so Mass Effect 1 was a perfect game and Mass Effect 2 was abject garbage, cool.
    Odradek said:
    This 50 part monstrosity on Mass Effect was a Vox Day pick for a Hugo, it turns out
  • Odradek said:

Oh SA is retconning it so Mass Effect 1 was a perfect game and Mass Effect 2 was abject garbage, cool.

OOOOOOOHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

Fuck I've been so worried about this happening for so long

Dammit all I need to write that fucking retrospective I'm just terrible at critical writing
    You can't change SA's opinion on these things. This is their new reality
  • ME1 is a testament to how just having ideas doesn't mean you're expressing them in any meaningful or resonant way

That's not to say it was roundly a failure! Just that for something that put on airs of being grand and ambitious it wasn't very committed to grand ambition. It honestly ended up feeling rather stale and safe a good portion of the time, content to let its being a new IP do the heavy lifting of being fresh and original while falling back on only the worst Bioware tropes and only doing the worst versions of those tropes.
  • I still ought to fix at some point the fact that mass effect 1 is the only bioware game I've played
  • technically I also played a bit of jade empire and kotor I guess
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    The last time I saw goons discussing ME, like, a week ago, opinions were pretty solidly ME2 > ME3 > ME1.
  • Mass Effect: a stressful series for me to talk about, but one which I will talk about nonetheless because I love it
    I like Rayman sometimes.
  • I know the reasons why people might prefer ME1 over all the others but I disagree with them and find most ME1 stans obnoxious. I am less opposed to people whose favorite is 2, but man, has replaying 3 only made my devotion to it as my favorite only stronger.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Odradek said:

This is not being mentioned much, because this town has one favorite team, and it is headed by a heroic rapist neanderthal.
    Somebody around here was shooting off fireworks last night, so apparently they care.
  • I'm sat in the conservatory, listening to the rain falling.

I like rain.
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    The Penguins won the cup, and the only people that care are Caps fans because reasons.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Tre said:

they always come around eventually... 

-sips espresso- 

always...
    NEVER!   NEVER!  YOU'LL NEVE-

-is dragged off screaming-
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    geocities
  • edited 2016-06-13 19:10:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    My head is wet and I hate it.  Most people don't know this, because most people are half-deaf and never feel or see or smell anything, but there are a lot of nerve endings on your scalp, especially if you are me.  I can still feel the water from the shower from hours ago.  It's still seeping into my skull, soaking into my brain GET IT OUT GET IT OUT GET IT OUT!  I hate water, I can't scrape it out, I can't scratch it off, why does my mom have to use this shampoo, it irritates my scalp.

Mr. Sanderson, I would really like to quit burning tin now.

And nobody in my family understands.  Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I hate this I hate this I hate this.

Sure, my head is dry on the outside, but it's wet on the inside.
  • I don't like getting water in my ears, if that's any consolation...
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    It helps a little...
  • Odradek said:

:attacks u while wearing a Flyers jersey and wielding an orange hockey stick:
  • Crystal said:

jfc that takes me back
  • Odradek said:
    He doesn't say that Mass Effect 2 is abject garbage.

He finds basically everything to do with Cerberus to be abject garbage (and he's not too fond of the Collectors either), but he found most of the recruitment and loyalty missions were okay and even stellar, particularly the Morinth one.
  • Not a hybrid rabbit-skink spirit
    Well I plugged in the crockpot today but forgot to turn it on

I have failed in my mission
    Odradek said:

I thought Pittsburghers loved hockey too
    lee4hmz said:

The Penguins won the cup, and the only people that care are Caps fans because reasons.

aren't you one of those?
  • edited 2016-06-13 21:17:27
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    AU: yes

and we choked in the second round again and no i'm not bitter and GOD DAMMIT SNYDER YOU ASSHOLE CHANGE THE NAME ALREADY WE ARE CURSED
  • And personally, I feel like Shamus actually hit a lot of good points about how Cerberus was forcibly ascended from 'side-organization with wacky science experiments' to 'galaxy-spanning terrorist superpower', and that the criticisms of ME3's ending are in large part due to it not meshing with the action movie style that the rest of the game was pushing

It's hardly worth comparing him to gamergate, is what I'm saying, even if you don't agree with him.
    Anonus said:

Odradek said:

I thought Pittsburghers loved hockey too
    Some do. I see a lot of people wearing Penguins shirts and stuff.

It's not as big as the Steelers, but it's still part of the overall Cultural Identity Through Professional Sports thing.
  • edited 2016-06-13 21:25:51
    My dreams exceed my real life

And personally, I feel like Shamus actually hit a lot of good points about how Cerberus was forcibly ascended from 'side-organization with wacky science experiments' to 'galaxy-spanning terrorist superpower', and that the criticisms of ME3's ending are in large part due to it not meshing with the action movie style that the rest of the game was pushing

It's hardly worth comparing him to gamergate, is what I'm saying, even if you don't agree with him.
    You don't understand, he reinforced goonpinions
  • (*slow grinding noise*)
    yeah they should change it for sure
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Odradek said:

And personally, I feel like Shamus actually hit a lot of good points about how Cerberus was forcibly ascended from 'side-organization with wacky science experiments' to 'galaxy-spanning terrorist superpower', and that the criticisms of ME3's ending are in large part due to it not meshing with the action movie style that the rest of the game was pushing

Please don't act like reinforcing bad collective opinions is the same thing as making rape and death threats and then pretending nothing happened.

I know you're making a hyperbolic joke but you could at least have the decency to go for the gold, like, "He is literally Stalin. His opinions are worse than mass murder."
  • what it do it's paul wall I'm the peoples' champ

Odradek said:

Please don't act like reinforcing bad collective opinions is the same thing as making rape and death threats and then pretending nothing happened.

I know you're making a hyperbolic joke but you could at least have the decency to go for the gold, like, "He is literally Stalin. His opinions are worse than mass murder."
    Okay, Shamus Young is why bad things happen to good people
  • I heard Shamus Young was shredded. That he had an 8 pack.
    I heard he used to drum for the Kaiser Chiefs
    Shamus Young ate the fruit from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil
  • History's Greatest Villains:

1. Hitler
    2. The Illuminati
    3. Obama
    4. Shamus Young
    Shamus Young *is* the Illuminati. And Obama. Don't let the name fool you; nobody has to know if you're a Kenyan on the Internet.
    Shamus Young doesn't like puppies or kittens
    The part where some guy who had an opinion is suddenly literally Obama and the Illuminati?

Probably not, no.