The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Man what is up with the noNLSS' as of late, I like Nick and all but it's just not the same.
  • NL is busy being a huge weeb
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    friends do everything together, like taking a dump
  • kill living beings
    you know, i kind of thought it was weird how throughout a lot of japanese history the emperor pretty much ceded all power to someone else but remained enthroned, but i guess that's pretty much how constitutional monarchy is too
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The class that created bread and circuses is now bread and circuses
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...

NL is busy being a huge weeb

Oooh, this is related to the maid cafe I heard mentioned here, huh. I should check Twitter a bit more.
  • edited 2016-03-20 18:10:17
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

The class that created bread and circuses is now bread and circuses

how often does bread and circuses involve actual bread/any food though
    it was replaced by popcorn
  • today I came to the realization that I just don't like how slim-fit jackets look on me
    I am wearing tight jeans
  • NL is busy being a huge weeb

I never understood what secondhand awkwardness was until he started tweeting about going to a maid cafe

When someone says something you like is idiotic shit, they are, by definition insulting you, by saying that you like idiotic shit.

#TheTriggeringOfGoons
  • When someone says something you like is idiotic shit, they are, by definition insulting you, by saying that you like idiotic shit.

it would be nice if you understood this
    Point
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Dedication of provo temple today.

Back in 2010, the 122 year old Provo Tabernacle burned down, leaving only the outer walls and foundation. 

The interior has been remade, with the outer walls and foundation retained, into a temple, the only place holier than a tabernacle.

Everyone else sometimes seems to have made friends via a system of PMs on TvTropes that I was never privy to.

Sometimes
  • I don't remember, could you even have a PM convo with more than two people on tvt
  • edited 2016-03-20 21:28:55
    I got in touch with some people that way but no actual friendships were ever gained or maintained by it.

Except possibly getting Fast Eddie to remember who I am and not ban me on sight due to me having talked to him before.

I don't remember, could you even have a PM convo with more than two people on tvt

I do not think so
  • kill living beings

Everyone else sometimes seems to have made friends via a system of PMs on TvTropes that I was never privy to.

Sometimes
    i feel you

but yes, one on one only
  • I made friends via

being always there wherever I chose to be I guess
    lol
  • I don't think I ever really PMed much on TVT either.
  • The only place where I've seen it possible to have a PM convo with more than two people is Vanilla-based sites.

The only place where I've seen it possible to have a custom gallery of one's own uploaded avatars is TVT.

The only place where I've seen it possible to delete your thread but only up to seven replies is the Steam forums.
  • The only place where I've seen it possible to have a PM convo with more than two people is Vanilla-based sites..

does twitter count
  • The only place where I've seen it possible to have a PM convo with more than two people is Vanilla-based sites..

does twitter count
    wait you can on twitter?
  • speaking of twitter someone needs to set up alternate twitter servers already

so that when the main twitter servers go down alternate services on alternate servers can still proceed

fuck copyright, freedom of communication is more important

does twitter count
    wait you can on twitter?
    yeah, I didn't know until someone invited me to one tbh

speaking of twitter someone needs to set up alternate twitter servers already

so that when the main twitter servers go down alternate services on alternate servers can still proceed

fuck copyright, freedom of communication is more important

I don't think "alternate twitter server" is really a thing which makes sense, as opposed to just making another site which is similar to Twitter. Doing the latter would not be particularly difficult, but getting people to use it is much harder.

Apparently Peach is a thing that some people use, though, as far as existing Twitter alternatives.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Sometimes
    i sure didn't
    I don't remember PMing much on TVT. A little bit, I guess.
    (2015 self)
    Aw man, I loved the TvTropes pm system.

That green bar was a beacon of hope and light in those years.  My conversations with Yarrun, Shichibukai, Nathanieltheseeker, and so many other are treasures no mod can delete.

Every time that green bar saying I had a private message happened, it made me smile.
  • actually if you're banned it becomes impossible to access them
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    I PM'd some people more than others, but most of my friendships formed there were either on the forums themselves or off-site entirely.

actually if you're banned it becomes impossible to access them

Naney!
  • which isn't exactly the same as deleting them but
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Vanilla's PM system is far better than TVT's was, but I've seen Invision Power and XenForo have better ones than even Vanilla.
  • I PM'd some people more than others, but most of my friendships formed there were either on the forums themselves or off-site entirely.

same tbh
  • kill living beings
    i mean, i befriended people, but i wasn't in any, like, groups.

one ended up banned from everywhere, one doesn't come around much, one has dropped off the net
  • I wonder how Karalora is doing.
  • edited 2016-03-20 21:59:17
    Vanilla's PM system is far better than TVT's was, but I've seen Invision Power and XenForo have better ones than even Vanilla.
    Oh yeah, Xenforo PMs are pretty snazzy. You can do group PM conversations there, too.
    (2015 self)
    Yeah, my ATC account, I can't access any of the PMS.

But, my original account, Aliroz The Confused, was never banned.

They've changed the PM bar slightly (it is a little lighter and no longer has the button to go read the message), and added a terrible red number counter thing like this site has, but the nostalgic feeling it inspires is still there.
  • Irony: being bloated and looking pregnant at a time when I can't be pregnant.
    (2015 self)
    It's not the programming, it's the people.  The experiences.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Sometimes
    i know the feeling

although i would have said, via a system of PMs on TVTropes, IRC discussions and, later, tumblr
  • Everyone else sometimes seems to have made friends via a system of PMs on TvTropes that I was never privy to.

Sometimes
    I only really used it with Aliroz with any regularity

Ah, the innocence of youth.
    (2015 self)
    Also, I remember having some great conversations with you, Myr.
    Thank you

I also talked to Tachyon
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    and i talked to you!

and Anonus, and to some extent Cygan

however the bulk of my PMs were mod related, unsurprisingly