The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

I just realized that The Sound of Music was on Broadway.

Darn.
  • kill living beings
    and yet i see no google results
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

I just realized that The Sound of Music was on Broadway.

Darn.
    You can just hate some Broadway Musicals it's fiiiiiiinnneer
    (2015 self)
    That would make me a hypocrite.

And this way, I can quit while I'm ahead and still have fond memories.
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Aliroz said:

That would make me a hypocrite.

And this way, I can quit while I'm ahead and still have fond memories.
    Musicals are a very broad category. That's like hating all music with guitars.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    guitars make everything better
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Stocking and Stocking with Stocking
    (2015 self)
    Easier to live in absolute.

Easier to not have exceptions.

Easier without needing to think.
    Aliroz said:

Not really, no.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    I am so definitely not going to a party college. And so definitely not partying. Much. Probably. I am decidedly mixed on parties.

LOVE AND PEACE!
    (2015 self)
    Heh heh, Vash says, "Love and Peace".
    The Lawbreaker Fairy keeps leaving his car parked sideways across three handicapped spaces.

WHY DOES A FAIRY EVEN HAVE A CAR??
    (2015 self)
    Nuance, reason, seeing the grey in things.  Evaluating and judging things relative to one another, rather than binary like or dislike.  I hate it.

You can't have any opinions, because everything's so darned nuanced, and nothing is fully good or fully bad; so you can't like or dislike anything.  Self-doubt, having to reexamine your thoughts all the time, and not committing to any position because you have to listen to both sides and it's all soulless and reasonable.

And, well, when you have trouble expressing your thoughts and socializing, if you have trouble understanding how people think and what makes something reasonable...

I'mma be absolute if I wanna be absolute.  In this, at least, I don't have to consult or be nuanced and reasonable.
  • I dunno I take a nuanced look at things and still think that say, Hitler, was pretty much all bad.
    Aliroz said:

Heh heh, Vash says, "Love and Peace".

Glad someone caught that.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Aliroz said:

this is how you end up voting for donald trump
    (2015 self)
    No, that's how you end up voting for Cruz.
    I thought that ill-advised strategic voting recommendations were how you end up voting for Cruz, at this point
  • oh my darlin'
  • Now I'm Clementine

Keep that hair short
    My family went to Kings Island in 2003, back when it was still "Paramount's" Kings Island.

Mom and I were up on the observation deck of the Eiffel Tower and there was this little boy who pointed to the south and excitedly told us that's where Kentucky was, and that's where he lived.

Mom mentioned that she'd never been to Kentucky...and it totally blew the kid's mind. He couldn't believe that we were so close to Kentucky, the only place he'd ever called home, and we'd never been there.

I have since been to Kentucky, by the way.
  • Funny thing: if you told me two years ago that I lived in Kentucky at age 19 I would have laughed and probably called you a nut (perhaps with more vulgar language)

boy, how times change a boy
    You know what I love? When you first cross from Ohio into Kentucky, one of the very first things you see is...

There's a funny story behind it. When it was built in the '70s, it said "FLORENCE MALL", advertising a shopping mall that was going to open nearby. But the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet objected, because the tower exceeded the maximum height for roadside advertising. So, to save money on repainting the entire tower...they changed M to Y'.
  • the FLORENCE, Y'ALL water tower is one of my favorite things in this great nation of ours
    Also the stretch of I-75 that leads from Cincinnati into Northern Kentucky was originally this terrifying thing:

• kill living beings
    not a very subtle nickname

not a very subtle nickname

Well, 23 people died in the first 6 years the highway was open to traffic, so it's an accurate nickname at least
  • weed out the weaklings

weed out the weaklings

you would
    it's always weird to think that i'm studying to be the person who gets stuck with the job of fixing shit like this
  • i get to go thriftin' tomorrow and I'm hype
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    yay
  • The mothership is picking me soon, and I'm laying in bed eating Coco Pops.

Priorities.
    Somehow, until I actually looked at "Death Hill" and "Cut-in-the-Hill" side-by-side, I never realized how extensive the 1990s construction was when it came to softening the curves.

maxresdefault.jpg
    I just realized Omega Flowey could totally be a Madoka Witch design
    /undertale spoilers

it's always weird to think that i'm studying to be the person who gets stuck with the job of fixing shit like this

Thankfully, that's not me, yay!
    Jane said:

i get to go thriftin' tomorrow and I'm hype

And yay's for the Jane.

I just realized Omega Flowey could totally be a Madoka Witch design

/undertale spoilers
    does that mean everdraed:toby fox::gekidan inu curry:shaft?
  • edited 2016-03-19 17:15:26
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    Crystal said:

Thankfully, that's not me, yay!
    Well, you'll have to deal with public transit and Amtrak, which really isn't much better. :P
    Allow me this moment of pretending my equivalent issues don't exist. :p
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Fair. :P
  • Hey man. he is the most part, I have been in a while, and the rest. the first one. the first one.

I'll try again tomorrow morning and then you have a lot more to do it, I will have the best. if I could see it as an option for me, I will have the best. if I could see it as an option for me, I will have the best. thanks. I'll have a good idea. the first one. the first one. if you are not the intended recipient, you can also be used to be a good time to time. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person. I am a beautiful person.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    ... Are you okay?