The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Denver seems more vibrant...
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    yeah well, that's saying a lot
  • My dreams exceed my real life

The psychology of Steelers fans is seldom grasped by non-Pittsburghers.

See, Pittsburgh is basically a portrait of late-capitalist decline in America. It is a wasteland of faded glory, dreary landscapes and general irrelevancy. There is literally no joy here and thus everyone puts what enthusiasm they have toward a football team. It's all they have, and the entire team could be baby murdering rapists and they wouldn't care.

Just sayin'

Yes
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Unconditional Love for Anonus © 2011 Central Avenue.

Incorporates portions of Platonic Love for Anonus, © 1994 Anonus's Mom
  • kill living beings
    seek
    and destroy
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

The psychology of Steelers fans is seldom grasped by non-Pittsburghers.

See, Pittsburgh is basically a portrait of late-capitalist decline in America. It is a wasteland of faded glory, dreary landscapes and general irrelevancy. There is literally no joy here and thus everyone puts what enthusiasm they have toward a football team. It's all they have, and the entire team could be baby murdering rapists and they wouldn't care.

Just sayin'

Yes
    This is also arguably the reason why anyone in the area gives a damn about Wiz Khalifa.

But in all honesty, I've been to Pittsburgh once and it seemed OK. I get hating living there, particularly with the industrial decline going on, but it really wasn't so horrifying. It's just a mid-sized city that used to be an industrial powerhouse.
    You gotta live here to really understand it
    It has its charms.

I exaggerate how bad it is sometimes.
    The view of the city from Mount Washington is nice.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I have no idea what you folks are talking about.
  • goood morning everyone, i feel like death
  • good thing skull face + robes are in this season
    bein' the grim reaper is always cool

say hi to Dracula for me
  • edited 2016-02-14 03:20:59
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    ^^why?
  • i have a hangover and i barely slept and also the curry i ate yesterday did not agree w me
  • i went to the club last night and literally just stood on a balcony the whole time tweeting rice cooking advice to producers
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Hi Death. I'm Dad.
    Actually, I wonder how much my presence in this church costs them, in a purely monetary way. Like, how much does me sitting in this chair, handling their books, junking one of their pamphlets, flushing their toilets and drinking their water cost.

It can’t be very much.
    Sam Kriss
  • “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Peter Kriss, but not.
    I don't know who either of those people are, but googling the former gives me a pretty funny preamble about a pundit being eternally wrong, ending with a punchline about gnosticism.
    MachSpeed said:

I don't know who either of those people are, but googling the former gives me a pretty funny preamble about a pundit being eternally wrong, ending with a punchline about gnosticism.

No it doesn't
    Well, everyone's Google experience is different these days. Personalization algorithms and all that.
    "The respected American political commentator Bill Kristol is consistently wrong about things, and it’s funny, until you start seeing dead bodies on your lawn. This week, he predicted that Marco Rubio would win the New Hampshire Republican primary. He did not. Last year, he predicted that Joe Biden would be seeking his party’s nomination for President. He would not. Ten years ago, in the run-up to the 2008 Democratic race, he predicted that Barack Obama would lose in every single state. He did not. During the scheduled pregame session for the 2003 invasion of Iraq, Kristol predicted that American forces would be welcomed as liberators. They were not. (Later he added that the war would ‘clarify who was right and who was wrong about weapons of mass destruction.’ It did, but only in the same way that Croesus’s invasion of Persia resulted in a stunning military success.) In 1998, he predicted that ‘a year from now, Clinton will be gone.’ He was not. In 1993, he predicted that that year would be the ‘high-water mark’ of the gay rights movement, which would afterwards collapse. It did not. In 1914, he advised the Tsar of Russia that war against Austria-Hungary would unite the population and smother any internal strife. It did not. In 1202, he predicted that the departing Crusaders would conquer Jerusalem within the year. They did not. Fourteen billion years ago, he whispered in the ear of the lion-headed snake-demon Ialdaboath, and predicted that the creation of the Universe would be ‘if nothing else, a vast improvement on current conditions.’ It was not."
    All I see is an unfeeling hack sadboy pseudo who thinks he's clever
  • no you see, when you say the bad thing, everything you have previously said becomes awful, it is a fundamental property of how the universe functions
    Stop making sense, David Byrne
    I believe you, but I am very bored and will snicker at anything.
  • edited 2016-02-14 04:17:33
    My dreams exceed my real life
    I use a hack pseud to pseud through chains
  • I use a hack pseud to pseud through chains

Hay guiz remember "it's troll killing time" wit miyazaki
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    marconi plays the mamba

listen to the radio
  • Pulling an all nighter

Whoops
  • edited 2016-02-14 07:12:32
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Wikipedia said:

The beef taboo, known as niú jiè (牛戒), has historically been an important dietary restriction in Ancient China, particularly among the Han Chinese, as oxen and buffalo (bovines) are useful in farming and are respected.[42][43] During the Zhou Dynasty, they were not often eaten, even by emperors.[44] Some emperors banned killing cows.[45][46] Beef is not recommended in Chinese medicine, as it is considered a hot food and is thought to disrupt the body's internal balance.[47]

Occasionally, some cows seen weeping before slaughter are often released to temples nearby.[50][51][52][53][54][55][56][57][58][59][60][61][62][63][64][65][66][67][68][69][70][71][72]
    I feel like if Happy Tree Friends had come along a decade later than it did, it would be one of those things that half of Tumblr adores and half of Tumblr hates with a burning passion.
  • almost certainly

I feel like if Happy Tree Friends had come along a decade later than it did, it would be one of those things that half of Tumblr adores and half of Tumblr hates with a burning passion.

was the page bottom bug ever fixed?
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

was the page bottom bug ever fixed?
    It was, I believe.
  • The psychology of Steelers fans is seldom grasped by non-Pittsburghers.

Just sayin'

Yes
    This is also arguably the reason why anyone in the area gives a damn about Wiz Khalifa.

But in all honesty, I've been to Pittsburgh once and it seemed OK. I get hating living there, particularly with the industrial decline going on, but it really wasn't so horrifying. It's just a mid-sized city that used to be an industrial powerhouse.
    Wiz Khalifa used to be good, man.

Listen to Welcome To Pistolvania sometime.
  • kill living beings
    nitrovasodilators out the ass
    Harden your heart, for this is what we are owed.
  • Love waiting for trains. Woo.
  • edited 2016-02-14 13:19:30
    I was intimidated and browbeaten by a stranger into parting with a total of 280 dollars, all that was left of my paycheck, earlier today.
  • I. Am. Pathetic.
  • I'd call it a mugging but only sixty dollars were actually mugged so credit where it's due
  • I'm on the verge of tears