The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”

*"Gay Bar" plays in the background*

i did a lip sync for my life to this at a drag party and won the best drag queen prize

yntkt

Envy, I am feeling right now.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    CENTRAL AVENUE CLOSED AHEAD

USE IMIPOLEX G BOULEVARD
  • kill living beings

rayman said:

rayman said:

waiting for the bus on a nippy evening for the next half hour AMA

how does it feel being at the worst abstract place it's possible for a human to be at
    think it would be worse if I incorrectly thought a bus was coming
    oh shit

that's the wrong bus

waitin for the bus in the rain
    aaaaah
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

i told you central avenue was closed!!
  • rayman said:

waiting for the bus on a nippy evening for the next half hour AMA

how does it feel being at the worst abstract place it's possible for a human to be

remember when I ended up waiting for a train at midnight without a jacket?

The horror
  • kill living beings
    no. that sucks
    One time I spent 4 hours outside OSU Hospital's emergency room waiting for a taxi in nothing but a short-sleeved shirt and jeans, both covered in mud, in 50 degree autumn weather that sometimes rained and forced me to stay under the awning and watch as the amusingly diligent security guard reprimanded people for parking in the "drop-off only" spots.

I win.
  • kill living beings
    oh yeah? hellraiser was actually a documentary about my middle school years
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    My new laptop hard drive comes in tomorrow. No more Seagate bullshit.
  • kill living beings
    my long national nightmare is finally over
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    i slept in an external bus station for 8 hours in the middle of october in 10 degree weather, AMA
  • edited 2015-10-30 02:06:15
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    This was last year. :P

Spoiler: Bus stations make bad sleeping spots.

(Long story short: Tube delays are the worst.)

uh

what??? whY???

are you OK?????
    10°C = 50 American cold-'em-ups, so it's not like it was catch-hypothermia weather.

I mean, it still sucks, but she lived.
    actually i died, i'm a ghost now
    The new final challenge in Binding of Isaac is playing the game whilst Ed personally comes to your house and punches you in the face.

(In all seriousness, it looks like it's Isaac's Heart + Punching Bag. HAVE FUN.)
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Oh hey, I got pretty good marks on my annotated bibliography. Which I bullshitted in 72 hours. After the deadline.

Maybe I have a shot at passing after all.
    Blame Haven for this:

Life is Strange AU where everyone is Undertale characters

Max: Alphys

Chloe: Undyne

Kate: Napstablook

Joyce: Toriel

David: Mettaton

Principle Wells: Asgore

Rachel: Asriel

Ms. Grant: Papyrus

Samuel: Sans

Nathan: Bad Times!Frisk

Jefferson: The Fallen

Tornado: Flowey

Frank: Doggo

Victoria: Muffet

Warren: Jerry
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    CA_Supermovies_10-28-2014-21.jpg
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    that thing
    idk what inhumans is but the logo looks like a pokeball
    the centaur gif is cool
    OpAPHID said:

A pre-existing property they're ruining by converting it into X-Men because properties must be tailored for Maximum Consumability
    that's what Disney does
    it's a shiny big budget spectacular formula, but it's always a formula
    y'know i used to get really annoyed about Disney screwing around with fairy stories to the point where people think fairy stories means Disney stuff

in the end i just sort of got resigned to it, realized there was stuff i liked about Disney and took solace in the fact that the original stories hadn't gone anywhere

but i can well understand feeling similarly annoyed about them fucking up superhero movies, and i'm sorry for not getting the 'content consumption' complaint prior to this
  • OpAPHID said:

Specifically, they're another iteration of the typical Jack Kirby "godlike race of humanoids", along the same lines of the Eternals or DC's The New Gods, that was created by the Kree (a Kirby-created alien race, best known for Marvel's Captain Marvel(s) and Ronan the Accuser, who was recently featured as the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy) screwing with the genetics of human ancestors back in the stone age. They're best known for Black Bolt, a pseudo-god who stays mute most of the time because his voice can knock down cities, and Medusa, a woman with prehensile hair.

Recently, Marvel had an event that caused the awakening of Inhuman-genes in various Inhuman descendants in the human populace, causing a bunch of new people to gain powers (most notably the new Ms. Marvel). The event also had the side-effect of killing or sterilizing most of the mutant population. This is in no way related to the fact that Inhumans is a Marvel Studios property while all X-Men related properties are still connected to Fox. In no way related. Absolutely no connection.

Ah.

So basically cashing in on the popularity of those films.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    The Inhumans were this Jack Kirby creation, a reclusive ancient civilization of superhumans that mutated into wildly different states by inhaling Terrigen Mists, causing Terrigenesis. They were created by the Kree Empire, to serve as supersoldiers.

Most prominent of the Inhumans was the Royal Family, a dynasty of ruling superhumans. Blackagar "Black Bolt" Boltagon is their king, whose every word causes a massive shockwave. Usually serving as body language translator is his queen, Medusalith "Medusa" Amaquelin, who has a great mane of super-strong and prehensile hair. Princess Crystalia "Crystal" Amaquelin was once romantically entangled with Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Four, before a failed marriage and child with Quicksilver. Lockjaw is a giant Inhuman dog with the power to teleport anywhere. And then there's Maximus "The Mad" Boltagon, brother to the king, who is crazy and is a genius.
  • There's not really any popularity though? I'm pretty sure no one but dedicated Marvel comics fans could name more than three of the Inhumans before they started pushing it. 

^ Case in point. Kraken is an expert, so he knows 6. The average Marvel fan is half of Kraken and therefore knows 3.
    i meant the popularity of the X-Men.

The Inhumans were this Jack Kirby creation, a reclusive ancient civilization of superhumans that mutated into wildly different states by inhaling Terrigen Mists, causing Terrigenesis. They were created by the Kree Empire, to serve as supersoldiers.

Most prominent of the Inhumans was the Royal Family, a dynasty of ruling superhumans. Blackagar "Black Bolt" Boltagon is their king, whose every word causes a massive shockwave. Usually serving as body language translator is his queen, Medusalith "Medusa" Amaquelin, who has a great mane of super-strong and prehensile hair. Princess Crystalia "Crystal" Amaquelin was once romantically entangled with Johnny Storm of the Fantastic Four, before a failed marriage and child with Quicksilver. Lockjaw is a giant Inhuman dog with the power to teleport anywhere. And then there's Maximus "The Mad" Boltagon, brother to the king, who is crazy and is a genius.
    No, now they're X-Men

For every Marvel property Marvel-Disney doesn't get, they will kill at least one Jack Kirby creation.

Sadly, nerds are very willing to negotiate with terrorists.
    I seriously don't get how people are more angry about Letojoker than the X-Inhumans, other than blind fanboyism.
    Department of Civil, Environmental and Geodetic Engineering

Yes they write it with no Oxford comma
    The Oxford comma is nonstandard.
    Is it? I just use it out of habit and nobody's ever mentioned it to me...
    The Ohio State University College of Engineering
    It's mildly controversial, and much more common in American English than British English.  A lot of style guides recommend its use, including Strunk & White's.
    I remember in elementary school they told us that either way was acceptable and for reasons I sure can't remember I decided I liked it better with the comma before "and" and I've just been doing it that way ever since.
    There are contexts in which it can help resolve ambiguities, like if some of the list items contain the word 'and'.
    X-Inhumans are a large magnitude less bad than Letojoker, who I feel we should just comply with his wishes and actually throw the bastard in jail, even if no charges have been made.
    There are actually like two or three more Inhuman royals but I didn't think they were important.
  • Learning that the Oxford comma is less common in British English stuns me. Shouldn't it be called the Harvard comma then?

X-Inhumans are a large magnitude less bad than Letojoker, who I feel we should just comply with his wishes and actually throw the bastard in jail, even if no charges have been made.

Yeah, X-Inhumans are just a plot device (or licensing rights device, I guess). They never sent anyone dead animals or whatever.

X-Inhumans also includes Kamela Khan, who is very cool, and good.
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    Torgo said:

I seriously don't get how people are more angry about Letojoker than the X-Inhumans, other than blind fanboyism.

Don't forget about how Marvel has buried the Fantastic Four in the comic books in response to Fox still owning the movie rights to them.

Fox's incompetence has combined with that to kill the property altogether, which I'm pretty sour about.
    I need a term for non-magic-users that doesn't have the connotation of looking down on them for not having magic...