The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I like cats
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    your little petrified skull
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    I am watching anime in a cinema that doesn't exist. Truly, this is the future.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Shamless plug for the short story thread
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Knights of the Fallen Empire is going to be the death of me.
    shameless plug for shamelessly plugging
  • Knights of the Fallen Empire is going to be the death of me.

what's that?
  • Imi do you like Mountain

the band, not the geographic feature.
    of "Mississippi Queen" fame? sure, they did some good stuff
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    It's the expansion for The Old Republic. There's like a third force attacking both the Empire and the Republic that seems omnipotent and now both states are beaten and broken five years later.

It's really good. And there's no time-lengtheners between chapters, so I keep going through them as they come, and that's how I went to bed at two in the morning.
    Shadows of Ravan and Rise of the Hutt Cartel, the previous two expansions, required max level characters. And I couldn't do it, even a little. The thought of riding along, doing nothing, for hours and hours, put me off permanently.

But Knights allows you to create a character that will rocket immediately to endgame, with all other quests and content locked, and that's what I did.
  • This has been one of the longest days of my life.
  • kill living beings
    all broadcast
    What I tried to make:

What it ended up looking like:
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    When is it acceptable to take a day off for your health?

My sinuses are still all stuffed up from the infection I got last week and so I got barely any sleep last night

So I'm considering staying home because there doesn't seem to be a lot of sense in going to class when you can barely stay awake, much less driving there by myself
    But, as always, I worry this means I'm just lazy
  • Know your lines? Of course you know your lines! But I don't want to just hear your lines...I wanna hear what's in YOUR SOULS!!
    We haven't had a new Seltzer and Friedberg movie in the past year or so.

The evil is defeated.
    Cool things the Bayformers has done:
    • "GIVE ME YOUR FACE" as a meme.
    • Optimus Prime as King Arthur.
    • Optimus Prime riding a gigantic robot tyrannosaurus, scaled to his size.
    • The Dinobots as ancient knights.
    • "I was expecting a giant car."
    • Big red hot arm-blades.
    • The emphasis on melee combat.
    • Truck-trailer as an armory.
    • Bumblebee as R2-D2.
    • Shifting combat masks and plates, like Bumblebee and Optimus does.
    • Influencing Transformers Prime, a much better cartoon.
    • "To punish and enslave" on the police car Barricade's body.
    • Old man Jetfire.
    • Soundwave as an orbital satellite.
    • Their Wreckers are okay.

Uncool things Bayformers has done:
    • Literally everything else.
  • What I tried to make:

What it ended up looking like:
    That made me laugh.
  • Dad's gun case fell on my head and now I want to cry.

Halp.
  • edited 2015-10-26 12:32:40
    Larry Wilmore is OK. His material's good, but he fucks up on execution a lot.

^ Ouch.
    No, it's definitely a success, because my bears are bigger.
  • My dreams exceed my real life

This is totally a stunt. However, Namor is in the right.

Mark Trail went to some weird places this week.
    I stayed home and slept in

I feel a bit lazy now, even though I was seriously too tired to drive earlier
    I feel a little better about staying home now that I know I helped my mother out by letting her use my car, which would otherwise have been at school with me right now...
  • Discovered colour protect dry shampoo.

I am in heaven.
  • edited 2015-10-26 16:19:29
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Zeether said:

We haven't had a new Seltzer and Friedberg movie in the past year or so.

The evil is defeated.

We have, they just don't release them through major distributors anymore

So the evil might as well be defeated (it seems like the last one a major studio bothered with, Vampires Suck, barely made any money, if it did at all)
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Re:  Benghazi and the death of four american whatevers.

Sorry, Rozzy's emotions are drained right now and it can't answer the phone.  Please leave your name and number, and it'll get back to you when it can empathize.
  • That moment when you're like "shit, I can't find my post. where did it go?"
  • Oh well. 

How are we all on this fine October evening?
  • Going through the classical music on my iPod and going "oh, I know this one"
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    it's morning where I am!
  • It's 4:46pm here.
  • Have some Tchaikovsky 

Sorry, Rozzy's emotions are drained right now and it can't answer the phone.  Please leave your name and number, and it'll get back to you when it can empathize.

Still a better response than the Republicans in Congress who shamelessly use these real people's deaths as an excuse to attack Hillary Clinton.

• Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.

Still a better response than the Republicans in Congress who shamelessly use these real people's deaths as an excuse to attack Hillary Clinton.

what've there been, like, seven or eight committees on them, and all they've gotten out of it is the email server thing
    http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3564747&perpage=40&pagenumber=707#post451930140

First of all these are not students… these are adults and they paid good money to take a course
    I don’t understand the need for such high security for something as simple as access a shared computer
    And further more I don’t understand the need for such hi security and complicated passwords

I am rather embarrassed about the whole thing not to mention its happened twice now in a row…

All I am asking is for you to give me their user names and passwords so I can test it the day before
    Their class… so that I can assure them it works…
    Where not dealing with high security risk here… I am an instructor I am on your team…
    Why would risk my employment by using their user names and passwords un ethically….

Now I am insulted…

If you can’t give me their sign on and passwords for pre testing and assuring workablility than please give me your
    Personal home number so I can call you after hours in hopes to resolve the conection issues…
  • edited 2015-10-26 18:48:36
    kill living beings
    synthesizer update: sine waves suck so bad the scope can't identify them as waves

they are recognizably so, though. mission accomplished. good thing the actual audio out has filtering
  • kill living beings
    look at this hot garbage

yes my photo sucks but so does the signal!!!
    what is that?
  • Klino made a synthesizer

a pretty cool-looking one too
  • kill living beings
    well the photo is a regular ol tektronix oscilloscope i'm using to check my synthesizer's output

my synthesizer is an FPGA board and a USB keyboard, it doesn't have visual output (though it has a VGA port, I could make something up)
    ooh
  • rayman said:

well the photo is a regular ol tektronix oscilloscope i'm using to check my synthesizer's output

my synthesizer is an FPGA board and a USB keyboard, it doesn't have visual output (though it has a VGA port, I could make something up)

I don't know what an oscilloscope is, but that sounds cool