The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

CentralAvenue.wmf
  • why is today so stressful
    less than two hours of work left though
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    *pours tea for Haven*
  • ^^ *sips*

thanks, centea
  • THERE'S PUN-TEA WHERE THAT CAME FROM
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
  • So small...so soft...

CentralAvenue.wmf

treman.svg
    You are probably the only person on the forum, except maybe Lee, who remembers what a .wmf file is.
  • TreTre
    edited 2015-08-19 22:52:18
    Apparently Microsoft's still updating the standards for it, too, which I can't help but find weird since it's been superseded by SVG in almost every way imaginable, save for their own use of it within Microsoft Office.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    People make jokes, but "Hallucinating the Plot Syndrome" is a real problem that thousands of people suffer from all over the world. The harsh stereotypes of people suffering from HTPS only compound the problem.
    DAE cringe a little when you see Wikipedia articles that say things like "As of 2005" or "As of 2006"?

Like, I get that some things haven't changed a lot in the past 10 years but I'd at least like to know that the article has been kept reasonably up-to-date.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    "[name of band] is expected to release their third album sometime in 2011"
  • I just realized that DAE stands for "does anyone else"

I have probably had this realization before and will have it again
    DAE just makes me think of "Magical Mystery Tour" since those are the first three chords of that song.

yntkt
  • TFW you have organ music playing loudly in your head and it won't switch off.
  • kill living beings
    wmf...........

DAE cringe a little when you see Wikipedia articles that say things like "As of 2005" or "As of 2006"?

Like, I get that some things haven't changed a lot in the past 10 years but I'd at least like to know that the article has been kept reasonably up-to-date.
    i think sometimes they're limited by when the most recent study was conducted?

Mostly agreed though.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The new Why Your Team Sucks is on the Buffalo Bills and Ralph Wilson Stadium sounds even more like Hell on Earth than it previously did

These articles make me wonder why anyone goes to NFL stadiums
    (I admit, I know I'm not supposed to, but I do envy the Raider Nation culture of dressing up in crazy costumes and calling yourself something like "Violator" or "Dr. Death". I wish we did that here in Denver)
    somewhere there has to be a metal song and/or band called Violator
    metal archives lists no less than nine bands by that name, so yeah
    this is too funny

• Anonus said:

(I admit, I know I'm not supposed to, but I do envy the Raider Nation culture of dressing up in crazy costumes and calling yourself something like "Violator" or "Dr. Death". I wish we did that here in Denver)

Those are both comicbook villains, btw
    My sportsname is Doctor Destiny
    I associate "Dr. Death" with Jack Kevorkian, so

I do kind of wonder, obnoxiousness of fans aside, why we should continue to "hate" a team that literally hasn't been good since I was in elementary school and has degenerated into a bizarre sideshow attraction
    Violator, as portrayed in the Spawn movie by John Leguizamo as Danny Devito's Penguin as Jack Nicholson's Joker
    Odradek said:

Doctor Destiny sounds like some 1980s power ballad band
    >a blow up sex doll he dressed in a John Elway jersey

On behalf of the entire city of Denver I apologize to the person who posted this
    I don't think I'll talk any more about my Buffalo Odyssey
    Odradek said:

Odradek said:

does anybody here know about phones and stuff
    mobile phones?
    yeah, see...my phone, which is something like 7 years old, bit the dust. Won't do anything. Not sure how to go about replacing it.
    inb4 Anonus points out something in particular about the pink book next to it

yeah, see...my phone, which is something like 7 years old, bit the dust. Won't do anything. Not sure how to go about replacing it.

They'll try to get you to buy a smartphone on a payment plan but you'll have to say "forget that, just give me a dumbphone"

At least you seem like the kind of person who won't want a smartphone

ABC Warner doesn't actually own Warner Books, because those idiots at Time Warner had to get rid of it in their fire sale to pay down their mostly-AOL-induced debt
    I make much ado about bemoaning the sins of ABC Warner's dead predecessor
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Granite Flats got canceled.

Guys, it is time to stop watching Gravity Falls and spare yourselves the pain when that show inevitably gets canceled with no closure or payoff.

The cultural zeitgeist just isn't for awesome small-town mystery shows with children as protagonists.
  • and thus, The Superwoman Syndrome slips out of Anonus's clutches

They'll try to get you to buy a smartphone on a payment plan but you'll have to say "forget that, just give me a dumbphone"

At least you seem like the kind of person who won't want a smartphone
    I asked them for a dumbphone and they pretty much said outright "we don't have those."

How do I get a phone on the cheap
    Aliroz said:

Guys, it is time to stop watching Gravity Falls and spare yourselves the pain when that show inevitably gets canceled with no closure or payoff.

The cultural zeitgeist just isn't for awesome small-town mystery shows with children as protagonists.

Same initials, too! Eerie.
    Anonus said:

ABC Warner doesn't actually own Warner Books, because those idiots at Time Warner had to get rid of it in their fire sale to pay down their mostly-AOL-induced debt
    I was referring more to the lovely Saul Bass logo, though :P
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    There's no way that you can keep Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, Regular Show AND Star vs the forces of evil. Three out of four, more likely.

Even the Hub couldn't have both Dan vs. and Mlpfim.
    Stephen Dedalus
    i will enjoy those shows for as long as they exist.  i hope we get closure on the mysteries in GF, but if not i will still have enjoyed the show.
    Aliroz said:

In Twin Peaks, the network demanded that the show increase the population in the "Welcome to Twin Peaks" sign, because it was felt that Americans wouldn't be able to sympathize with a town that was too small.

This did not make sense, because a town of the size the sign said Twin Peaks was would have a fully functioning police office, rather than a sheriff's ofice.
    all those Westerns with tiny towns and main characters who grew up on homesteads, such a pity no Americans watched those