The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    redpilled by Hegel
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Odradek said:

Caesar is basically a neo-reactionary.

I mean he's the Humanities version rather than the STEM version, but that's what he is.
    so Rotty?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Today in "Alice's life is really weird": Facebook helpfully informed me that an old friend tagged me in a photo. There's two slight catches here: A) We never actually met in person, and (rather more pressingly) B) She died in May 2011.
  • The car

it has no roof
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Calica said:

Odradek said:

Caesar is basically a neo-reactionary.

I mean he's the Humanities version rather than the STEM version, but that's what he is.
    so Rotty?
    Yeah, basically.
    Vxhli2Z.jpg
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

Today in "Alice's life is really weird": Facebook helpfully informed me that an old friend tagged me in a photo. There's two slight catches here: A) We never actually met in person, and (rather more pressingly) B) She died in May 2011.

i'm guessing she was hacked
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Do you want to build a snowman?

Come on, let's build a snowman.

I never build a snowman anymore, come out the door, it's like you've built a snowman!

We used a build a snowman, and now you're not, I wish you would tell me why!

It doesn't have to be a snowman!
  • We used a build a snowman, and now you're not, I wish you would tell me why!

it's NINETY DEGREEES
    i got as far as the end of the third line before realizing those weren't the actual lyrics
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    @Haven, @Tachyon: I laughed
  • Do you want to build a snowman?

Come on, let's build a snowman.

I never build a snowman anymore, come out the door, it's like you've built a snowman!

We used a build a snowman, and now you're not, I wish you would tell me why!

It doesn't have to be a snowman!
    Everybody, Let's go! Vaminos. 
    Confirmed members of the Band of Brats:

Princess Alice (leader)

SF Sorrow

Miko

Abby Denton
  • Confirmed members of the Band of Brats:

Princess Alice (leader)

SF Sorrow

Miko

Abby Denton
    :(
    The Band of Brats vs. The Safety Fairy

Princess Alice (leader)

SF Sorrow

Miko

Abby Denton
    I knew I forgot somebody!

*gives you your official Band of Brats medallion, which is actually just a nickel with my face on it*

Tachyon said:

omg I don't think she would approve of our activities at all
    For some reason I'm imagining a scenario where we're all in the school courtyard and we dare you to do something stupid (likely involving climbing the statue of Professor Adorabelle) and all the kids start chanting "JANE! JANE! JANE!" as you do

Princess Alice (leader)

SF Sorrow

Miko

Abby Denton

*gives you your official Band of Brats medallion, which is actually just a nickel with my face on it*

Tachyon said:

is alice the reigning princess at the same time as being a student?
  • For some reason I'm imagining a scenario where we're all in the school courtyard and we dare you to do something stupid (likely involving climbing the statue of Professor Adorabelle) and all the kids start chanting "JANE! JANE! JANE!" as you do

and then I just fly to the top bc Small Jane is still an alienwitch.
    Calica said:

Princess Alice (leader)

SF Sorrow

Miko

Abby Denton

Tachyon said:

is alice the reigning princess at the same time as being a student?
    Well, uh, yes, even though this really isn't consistent with the timeline as I'd presented it on previous occasions.

Basically I make this all up as I go along and I've retconned certain things, mostly to do with the timeline, multiple times to suit my mood at any given moment.
    The Centralia timeline is pretty flexible anyway...for example, preteen!Princess Alice has a smartphone, even though IRL I was well into high school by the time the first iPhone hit the market.
    worx4me
  • Good news folks!

after a few ideas and some dinking about and tinkering and swapping about of parts, I am currently typing on my old laptop where the screen was dead! and it now has 2 more gigs of ram!

For some reason I'm imagining a scenario where we're all in the school courtyard and we dare you to do something stupid (likely involving climbing the statue of Professor Adorabelle) and all the kids start chanting "JANE! JANE! JANE!" as you do

"Hello, I'm your Havens County Safety Fairy, here to keep YOU from being horribly maimed!  And I'm here to talk to all of you about . . . peer pressure!"
    naney said:

Good news folks!

after a few ideas and some dinking about and tinkering and swapping about of parts, I am currently typing on my old laptop where the screen was dead! and it now has 2 more gigs of ram!
    You said "folks" and not "everyone" but I still read it in Professor Farnsworth's voice.

What operating system, because I'm nosy?
    Tachyon said:

"Hello, I'm your Havens County Safety Fairy, here to keep YOU from being horribly maimed!  And I'm here to talk to all of you about . . . peer pressure!"
    I like how you correctly remembered that Dame Adorabelle's Academy for the Magically Gifted and Talented is in Havens County

I appreciate attention to detail
  • who is professor farnsworth

also this is the same SSD as in the other laptop so windows 10
  • edited 2015-08-13 03:02:04
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Tachyon said:

I like how you correctly remembered that Dame Adorabelle's Academy for the Magically Gifted and Talented is in Havens County

i searched for "Dame Adorabelle" just to make sure i got it right :V
    who is professor farnsworth

also this is the same SSD as in the other laptop so windows 10

Tachyon said:

Tachyon said:

i searched for "Dame Adorabelle" just to make sure i got it right :V
    ...still counts.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Who wants to suck my dick for a copper?
    can't the copper do it him/herself
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    naney said:

Good news folks!

Yay!

I'm hoping this means that streaming video functions for you again.
  • edited 2015-08-13 03:07:19
    My dreams exceed my real life
    People make fun of Continentals for taking psychoanalysis seriously, but Dennett takes memetics seriously.
    My grandma is in Alaska now, and somehow no one saw fit to mention this to me.
    dodgy intellectual foundations do not preclude good work from being done in a field

i think

i might be talking nonsense but it makes sense to me
    I hope Imi doesn't mind that I "borrowed" one of their bras to put on the Dame Adorabelle statues

They were the only one around with a bra big enough to fit on a 9' tall statue
    This a photo my grandmother took with her own hands

Displaying 11831674_1071707866180955_3769357460486566585_n.jpg
  • Ich bin ein jelly doughnut
    Whoa, this is pretty cool. Gonna read it in a bit, I think.
  • Odradek said:

This a photo my grandmother took with her own hands

Displaying 11831674_1071707866180955_3769357460486566585_n.jpg
    what is it of?
    Odradek said:

My grandma is in Alaska now, and somehow no one saw fit to mention this to me.

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Thinking about ‘Do It For Her’ makes me want to cry.
    that was shitty of them :/

it's a pretty astonishing picture, though
    MachSpeed said:

Rebecca's good at that
  • MachSpeed said:

Rebecca's good at that
    How was she able to get it to us from DeVilville
  • naney said:

Good news folks!

Yay!

I'm hoping this means that streaming video functions for you again.
    it does

it also means that i have to go back to windows 8.1 then back to windows 10

in other news, the indian call service center people have become significantly more helpful over the years