The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Deedee Magno Hall is really good at that.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    It's not even shitty it's just weird
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

MachSpeed said:

Thinking about ‘Do It For Her’ makes me want to cry.

Rebecca's good at that
    How was she able to get it to us from DeVilville
    The reference ----------->
                            my head
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i actually got the reference, having seen the episode in question

it was a very weird one
    How most of my family treats my grandma IS shitty, however.

Yeah, ostracize her because she was embarrassing and acted irrationally at a funeral that was LITERALLY FOR HER SON WHO DIED TRAGICALLY. That makes me feel real secure about MY position in the family, dad, if that's all you have to do to be ex-communciated.
    :(
  • Odradek said:

How most of my family treats my grandma IS shitty, however.

Yeah, ostracize her because she was embarrassing and acted irrationally at a funeral that was LITERALLY FOR HER SON WHO DIED TRAGICALLY. That makes me feel real secure about MY position in the family, dad, if that's all you have to do to be ex-communciated.
    what the christ that is horrific
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.

I hope Imi doesn't mind that I "borrowed" one of their bras to put on the Dame Adorabelle statues

They were the only one around with a bra big enough to fit on a 9' tall statue
    it's ok
    Mean DJ Mustard sits in the park shade
    in the dark
    when i first started watching Steven Universe, i thought i more or less knew what Pearl and Amethyst were about, and Garnet seemed like almost a complete mystery

rewatching, i realize that i didn't really understand any of them at first, Pearl and Amethyst just seemed more recognizable to begin with but there were big chunks of their personalities that were there from day one but which went over my head until a certain point
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Fuck your folks, Myr. Fuck 'em. They are fuckers.
  • Today in "Alice's life is really weird": Facebook helpfully informed me that an old friend tagged me in a photo. There's two slight catches here: A) We never actually met in person, and (rather more pressingly) B) She died in May 2011.

<Kyon> Something's...wrong.
  • edited 2015-08-13 04:44:28
    So as much as it would be really really really awesome for nearly-anonymous truck driver Robert Gray (D) to defeat incumbent Gov. Phil Bryant (R) in the MS-Gov race, I have to admit it's extremely unlikely.

Basically, it would depend on Bryant putting his foot in his own mouth.

Now, would I like to see Phil Bryant put his foot into his own mouth?  Yes, of course, I would.
    Tachyon said:

when i first started watching Steven Universe, i thought i more or less knew what Pearl and Amethyst were about, and Garnet seemed like almost a complete mystery

rewatching, i realize that i didn't really understand any of them at first, Pearl and Amethyst just seemed more recognizable to begin with but there were big chunks of their personalities that were there from day one but which went over my head until a certain point

Similar
  • My plan to be early to work has hit a snag in that I forgot my keys, so I have to wait for someone else to open the front.

I know we have a back door but presumably it's locked too.
  • The front door was unlocked, so I was able to get to the inner door and then get my boss's attention.

I should probably get some coffee.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Aliroz said:

It's like Captain Jack Sparrow got caught in a time portal that gave him amnesia, and then joined the Eastern European version of the Village People.
  • Such tired

Many ill

Wow
  • Aliroz said:

this is my JAM
  • imagine this: a big kitty
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    naney said:

it also means that i have to go back to windows 8.1 then back to windows 10>

Incidentally, this is a good example of what I mean when I say Windows "Activation" is ridiculous.

It's not like you're trying to install the same copy of Windows on multiple computers. You're playing by their rules and transferring an installation from one PC to another...yet they're still making you jump through hoops like downgrading the entire operating system just to make it work properly.

It's a textbook example of an anti-piracy measure that inconveniences legit customers while doing little to curb actual piracy (since "activator" cracks are easily available for anyone who wants to pirate Windows).
  • I was really happy cuz I got to do the cool phone thing again and the Indian call center guy was actually really helpful and nice!!!
  • I want a burger
  • leave me alone, Stacy London, I don't wanna play.
    (2015 self)
    -Gives Naney a quality burger-
  • "why Stacy London?" you may ask.

8ecause of the thing we never speak of, of course.
    (2015 self)
    Is Stacy London a cat like Dusty, Vrisk?
  • Nope, she's a lady who thinks she can tell people what is good fashion.

If she was a cat I'd 8e more inclined to play with her.
    naney said:

I was really happy cuz I got to do the cool phone thing again and the Indian call center guy was actually really helpful and nice!!!

Am I off-base here? I dunno, I resent when software companies like Microsoft make piracy easier than actually using a legit copy of something...
  • but if you pirate it you don't get to do the cool phone thing or talk to the nice call center man!!
  • Karkat Vantas
  • why Karkat Vantas, you ask?

8ecause of reasons.
  • Simpson
    Homer Simpson
    He's the gr8est guy in historyyyyyyyy

From the
    Town of Springfield
    He's a8out to hit a chestnut tree!

D'OH!
  • why did that pop into my head
  • naney said:

I was really happy cuz I got to do the cool phone thing again and the Indian call center guy was actually really helpful and nice!!!

Am I off-base here? I dunno, I resent when software companies like Microsoft make piracy easier than actually using a legit copy of something...
    Naney may be the only person in the world who enjoys talking to MS Customer Service.
  • I got paid a week ago and my check is still not in my bank account I am going to kill the economy.
    i don't mind talking to customer service so long as they're helpful

i get kind of nervous about making calls though, and i hate when you get put on hold for half an hour or more
  • usuallly i feel kinda sorry for the indian call centre people. they always seem to be trying their best in a rly shitty system and i make sure to leave good feedback about them even if something goes wrong because almost always the problem is with the dumb way the company oes things and not the people themselves
  • naney said:

imagine this: a big kitty

A good use of imagination

imagine this: a big titty
  • Ate a whole quiche to myself because my brain told me to

Now I feel like a beached whale
    my experiences talking to people in actual legitimate Indian call centres have been entirely positive

unfortunately most of the times i'm talking to someone in India they're scammers cold-calling us, we get those a lot . . . i'm sure they wouldn't take the job if they had other options but i feel disinclined to be sympathetic when they're lying to us and trying to scam us
  • We can tell immediately if it's an Indian call centre because they never pronounce our surname right.
  • Snell is a pretty easy surname to pronounce, right?

Apparently not, according to call centres and takeaways.
    Tachyon said:

my experiences talking to people in actual legitimate Indian call centres have been entirely positive

unfortunately most of the times i'm talking to someone in India they're scammers cold-calling us, we get those a lot . . . i'm sure they wouldn't take the job if they had other options but i feel disinclined to be sympathetic when they're lying to us and trying to scam us

Their level of awareness seems to vary...

I've seen at least one YouTube video where the caller was surprised when the would-be victim called him out on the scam, because he was just following the script he'd been given and he actually believed that, for example, the error messages in Event Viewer were legitimately harmful.

On the other hand, I've also seen instances where, upon the would-be victim refusing to hand over credit card details, the scammer got mad and used the TeamViewer access to trash the files on the PC. So, uh, it can go either way, I guess?
    how do you mispronounce 'Snell'?