The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• That little bit of inspiration that struck me last night and got me to write a full page was...well, something.

I hope it recurs.
    what did u write
    I wrote some stuff from Lily's point of view about her urban exploration in Queen City

Turns out it's quite easy to get into abandoned buildings when you can become a bird or a rat as needed
    you should do some research on urban spelunking!
  • edited 2015-06-30 17:38:18
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also, in the process I discovered two quirks of Lily's identity:

First: as a child, she referred to her shapeshifting abilities as her "special talents", in a weirdly euphemestic sort of way.

Second: she calls her default form her "humanesque" form. She doesn't like to call it her "human" form because she takes a certain amount of pride in not being human.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Tachyon said:

i checked his twitter, in context it's obvious he doesn't

i've seen posts by him in the past that seemed reasonable but with the twitter marxists Odradek posts here i'm never quite sure

He's pretty reasonable and all right, he's just sarcastic as hell.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    ah
    :)
  • still rainin' here on the eastern side of the state
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2015/06/gallery-google-launches-redesigned-hangouts-4-0-on-ios/

On one hand, it's disappointing to see even Google going to iOS-first releases. Android doesn't need more of that shit.

On the other hand, I'm very glad they're sticking to their guns about designing things to their own "Material Design" standards and not the normal iOS design standards, if only because it's fun to watch iOS users whine about how Google's apps look like Android apps.
  • ANyway i disagree with the too hot comments, this is in fact about as hot and sunny as it should be from June thru to september. could be less humid though
  • it should always be exactly 60 degrees, no warmer no colder.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    The rain is really coming down over here :<
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Rain is nice and pretty.

I have also just ordered Invisible Cities. It looks like something that's really up my alley.
    MachSpeed said:

I want to complain about relatablepicturesofopal.tumblr.com, because it isn't. It's not relatable pictures of opal, because I will never look that beautiful posing with a bow.

Basically it's just a fanart blog.

At least it's better than reletablepicturesofperidot

I can't relate to being that smarmy
    http://poorlydrawnholhorse.tumblr.com/
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    you guys filled up a whole page of this thread in a little over an hour's time

I've never seen that happen here before that I remember
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    It's happened a few times before, I think.

It depends on who's here at the moment and what's being discussed.
    Crystal said:

Rain is nice and pretty.

I have also just ordered Invisible Cities. It looks like something that's really up my alley.
    I like rain, but I like it better when I don't have to go places during the rain.

Thankfully it stayed nice and dry during my drive to work, though I'm sure the rain will return soon enough
    Alicorn Systems finally released an app showing peasants the best ways to bow down to their princess! Technology is amazing.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I'm going to watch Inside Out in the theater in a few hours, like a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WHO PAYS FOR THINGS.
    Aliroz said:

I'm going to watch Inside Out in the theater in a few hours, like a LAW ABIDING CITIZEN WHO PAYS FOR THINGS.

My mom said it was good.
    Odradek said:

Aliroz said:

My mom said it was good.
    Your mom is right
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Master_Race This does not need a wikipedia article.
    SYRUP TSUNAMI SHOCKWAVE!
  • Odradek said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PC_Master_Race This does not need a wikipedia article.

you could lobby for its deletion

I might even recommend doing so
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I know nothing other than the title and that it is by pixar.

Also, there is apparently a green-haired girl with the most adorable character design.
  • naney said: Planet Jane said:image

cute

I read
    Derelict today and I enjoyed reading it.

that panel is kinda a spoiler btw i probably should not have posted it
    you gay commies are ruining america for us traditional christian families
    " Indeed, I learned today that in such circles, there is a well-known insult (“cuck”) that refers to white “beta” men who are so self-loathing — presumably their wimpiness made them especially susceptible to the siren call of the White Privilege Movement, another thing of whose existence I just learned today — that they solicit members of ethnic minorities to cuckold them as they watch. I’ll simply remark that it’s weird that that scenario comes so readily to mind for our “alpha” males."

This is the first time I have learned the source of that catchphrase, and it still makes no sense to me.
  • a lot of weird racist rhetoric does read like someone's hastily written erotic fantasies followed quickly by "and that's very bad", yes.

in other news

A series of Soviet/Russian children's Science Fiction books by Kir Bulychev, highly popular in Russia and the countries of the former Soviet Union. The books are set at the end of the 21st century and feature adventures of a young girl, Alice (Alisa) Seleznyova, and her friends. See the list here. There have been several adaptations.

Alice: Girl From The Future sounds awesome
  • edited 2015-06-30 23:31:46
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    naney said:

What's so funny?

Are Tp and Bottom sex things now?

Dang, I can't say "do", "have", or, "it", anymore.
    Well, uh, yes, they're sex things
  • Munch munch, chomp chomp...
    Well, yes, but they're all pretty reliant on the proper context so just appreciate the birdy part like I do.
  • Anyone else catch the irony of a company named Virgin making sex jokes?
    Few people know it nowadays, but Princess Meredith was a big fan of cloud storage.

See, since she was the only woman who could fly, she didn't have to worry about people messing with her stuff up there.
    Sometimes I wonder if normal people really don't like to watch movies/TV shows that are more than ten years old
    On my good days I'm Odradek, and on my bad days I'm the Squonk.
    You ever notice that "Queer" is just "Queen" with a bite taken out of the "n"?
    Odradek said:
    Dammit, screencapped

tracyalexander:    fellowteen:    acutenautilus:    old man accidentally makes perfect shitpost    did dril hack into his account?    This seriously almost reads exactly like when people mixed up dril and Dawkins’ tweets, except the punctuation is too formal despite the grammar being so constrained I can’t even tell what he’s trying to ask.These are the shittiest questions I’ve ever heard an intellectual pose by the way.  I’m assume he thinks he’s funny, though it’s honestly hard to tell when the Nu Atheist movement is so drenched in stand offish flippancy it’s hard to tell when they’re being serious or “lol no it was just a joke you can’t get me in trouble”.    I don’t even understand what the possible context of this could be tbh
    geeseimage

Little known fact: Shakespeare invented the Yo Momma joke

Apparently this is how my car was advertised when it was new

Gotta love the early '90s, when they were pretending it wasn't still the '80s

• You ever notice that "Queer" is just "Queen" with a bite taken out of the "n"?

And both are considered reclaimed slurs, too.
    Odradek said:

Little known fact: Shakespeare invented the Yo Momma joke

that was a good movie

a very very weird movie but a good movie
    I call myself (and my sister) "queer" all the time and it makes my dad mildly uncomfortable, which amuses me.

Oddly enough he never seemed to have any objections to my calling myself "Princess".