• Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Tachyon said:

not in the dub, it isn't

the dub was retitled Cardcaptors

plural

subs not dubs!
  • dub edits are weird
    Odradek said:

The internet has made me nervous about bringing up philosophy terms or ideas I know, because people are really quick to dismiss it as semantics or nonsense.

those ppl are dumb
  • being Pennsylvanian is knowing the difference between ppl and PPL
  • suddenly things

like 88888888 of them
  • or like 3 million something whatever
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I think maybe newspaper comics decided to stop telling jokes.

Get the fuck off that high horse of yours, Pluggers
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    Did that comic ever contain jokes, though?
  • Peeps

If there's anything we know

It's that Nickelodeon/Viacom and Warner Bros. are run by fucking morons
    Odradek said:

The internet has made me nervous about bringing up philosophy terms or ideas I know, because people are really quick to dismiss it as semantics or nonsense.

i've noticed this.

It's very annoying.
  • I don't mean to alarm anyone 8ut there is a cat in my 8edroom WHAT DO
  • Odradek said:

#aboutme
  • I tried on a pair of Vivienne Westwood jeans and they were very...

unique
    naney said:

Odradek said:

#aboutme

It really is you
    Vriska said:

I don't mean to alarm anyone 8ut there is a cat in my 8edroom WHAT DO

>pet the cat
  • Peeps

If there's anything we know

It's that Nickelodeon/Viacom and Warner Bros. are run by fucking morons
    this was a response to the talk earlier about gender-based marketing
  • Tachyon said:

Vriska said:

I don't mean to alarm anyone 8ut there is a cat in my 8edroom WHAT DO

>pet the cat
    I got purred at,
    Also re:"Cardcaptors", the odd thing is that they dubbed the entire thing, and then it was cut down for the broadcast to remove the episodes which didn't feature Syaoran

so in this instance it wasn't the dubbing company at fault, but Kids WB

the uncut version was shown on CITV in the UK and on Teletoon in Canada
  • Meanwhile, they did a full and uncut dub of Pretty Cure's first series, so despite the name changes, there are actually dual-audio releases of it.  (Not officially, though, I don't think.)
    touch fuzzy, get dizzy
  • Kitties are awesome.

And mine is so soft!
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Odradek said:

hahahahaha this is the oldest whitest "old white person" thing i've seen all day

and considering that I was reading rightwingwatch earlier, that's saying something
    Because Republicans have opposed my policies, I, Barack Obama, will now marry the leader of ISIS

#BasicallyThePlotOfTitusAndronicus
  • edited 2015-06-30 01:43:04
    My dreams exceed my real life
    wrong thread
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    ROAM IF YOU WANT TO

ROAM AROUND THE WORLD
  • things Centy and Ma Jane have in common: 1
  • what are they
  • edited 2015-06-30 01:46:32
    You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I wonder what it says about me that I'm spending my downtime at work writing fiction from the point of view of a shapeshifter whose best friend is a crossdresser
  • what are they

a love of The Go-Gos is what I was gonna say but apparently that song is by the B52s

that was an interesting mistake to make
  • I wonder what it says about me that I'm doing a Toonami series based on your idea about a masculine woman and a feminine man going around solving supernatural crimes

I wonder what it says about me that I'm doing a Toonami series based on your idea about a masculine woman and a feminine man going around solving supernatural crimes

I like how both these things involve some level of genderfuckery
  • I feel that superhero stories translate better to television and while I thought the first Avengers was OK I think the best superhero thing I have ever watched was the Justice League Unlimited series

I'd place it on equal setting with BTAS, but yes, Justice League is definitely up there. With Teen Titans falling somewhere at third.

I didn't know that Teen Titans got cancelled because of the stupid branding thing that got Young Justice axed. Although, I did think they were stretching things a bit thin with season 5, so maybe it was best to kill it when it was still good? Doesn't change the fact that it got axed for a stupid reason though.

I wonder what Teen Titans Go is supposed to be marketing to? I hope it's not preteen boys. They deserve better than that. Or at least, everyone else doesn't deserve that.
  • holy shit white castle pays $9.50/hr
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was in many ways just as good as Justice League Unlimited.
    What if Pepper Ann met the Safety Fairy?
    the Safety Fairy lectures her at length about the dangers of rollerblading

Pepper Ann zones out midway through and goes into a fantasy sequence in which she has been injured in a rollerblading accident and is unable to do whatever thing it is she has been hoping to do all episode

the fantasy is interrupted by the Safety Fairy chiding her for not paying attention, and beginning a lecture on the dangers of ignoring safety advice
    that sounds about right, yes
  • July is going to be a good month for TV.

Gravity Falls comes back on the 13th, then Steven Universe two days later, and then My Monster Secret premiers two days after that.
    Don't forget Star Vs. the Forces of Evil!
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Odradek said:

he got them from the Garbage Ape, duh

Odradek said:

hahahahaha this is the oldest whitest "old white person" thing i've seen all day

and considering that I was reading rightwingwatch earlier, that's saying something
    wooooooooow, who is that anal about the funny pages
    also, I'm reading some recent Pluggers panels, and good God are they smug. Even my mom would be offended by them.
  • Full disclosure: I liked Pluggers when I was younger because its ideal resonated with me somehow
  • kill living beings
    i really empathize with this rock
    you must rock the fuck out
  • edited 2015-06-30 03:20:50
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Where's my car.
    d00d
  • i found a bunch of different plane tickets for going to see the beau for only 98 bucks, though i will have to plan around missing a class or two during fall semester but hell for about a fourth of what i paid last time i cant complain