The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• My dreams exceed my real life
    I wish I was French, so I could like Poe without snobs making me feel bad.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Why has Google suddenly decided that I live in Swindon? That's not even the right county!

The computer I use at work thinks I work in Purchase, New York

Presumably because that's where PepsiCo is headquartered
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I like Poe and don't care what snobs think
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch

Man, S&S merged years ago.

i know

You just reminded me of them
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Also since the topic of counties came up, I will mention that I live in Franklin County, Ohio.

Because why not.
    no Panurge, i got the reference, i just, idk

maybe i'm just slow

or just not processing things very well this evening, that's possible

I like Poe and don't care what snobs think

Tachyon said:

maybe i'm just slow

I edited a racist statement to be about the greatness of red pandas because I felt like it.
  • I live in [REDACTED].

That's on Alternia 8y the way.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Red Pandalvet Cake
    I feel Michigan is an underrated state.
    i don't think i'd want to be French

sometimes i kind of wish i was Scottish though
    Panurge said:

Boo!

#obligatory
    Panurge said:

Tachyon said:

maybe i'm just slow

I edited a racist statement to be about the greatness of red pandas because I felt like it.
    oh

that's cool and fun

i was overthinking i guess, sorry about that
    Panurge said:

Cracked needs the title gremlin more than ever, but he has forsaken them.
    Also: the bit on Sartre is deeply annoying
    this is probably snobby but i just don't think i have the strength to investigate what Cracked have to say about 'great works of literature' right now
    Nah it's coo
    Also someone go tell Sredni to read the LParchives OFF Lp when he comes back.
    I will keep recommending podcasts until someone else listens to them, dammit
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Panurge said:

the roads there suck
  • I live in Lehigh County Pennsylvania.

Because of the way the county lines are gerrymandered here I can walk to the end of my trailer park and back and switch counties about three times.
    Anonus said:

Panurge said:

the roads there suck
    Anonus.

I live in Pennsylvania
    I don't even know which county I'm in anymore

...oh wait, Butler County

Same as me
    The majority of Columbus is within Franklin County, but it also extends into Delaware and Fairfield Counties.

You needed to know this.
    And then Anonus lives in Denver, which is a city AND a county
    Panurge said:

Anonus said:

Panurge said:

the roads there suck
    Anonus.

I live in Pennsylvania
    which also has shitty roads?

as for Michigan that's not the only thing to recommend/not recommend it but on the times when Mother talks about wanting to move back there I always think of how Colorado's roads are so much better than Michigan's
    Pennsylvania is Road Hell
  • Pennsylvania has the worst roads in the country.

When Deutschmen fuck something up, they do it right.
    It seems like you always visit Michigan in the early spring, AU. The freeze/thaw cycles do a number on pavement that time of year.
  • my road is the best b/c it has bricks
    naney said:

my road is the best b/c it has bricks

IMO it has the best road name too <3
  • MY road is, I shit you not, a local route 666.
    Panurge said:

I will keep recommending podcasts until someone else listens to them, dammit

I sort of base my weekly schedule on podcast schedules
  • in other news i have oil-free moisturizer with SPF 35

i can now take on summer
  • I have SPF 70 sun8lock.
  • That isn't even a joke a8out the sun on Alternia 8eing 8rutal either. I really do have SPF 70 sun8lock.
    Panurge said:

Same as me
    let's go heckle some rednecks or something
    In Office 2007, all the programs were listed in the Start menu with names like "Microsoft Office Word 2007"

Then in Office 2010 they dropped the extra "Office" and went with "Microsoft Word 2010"

Office 2013 dropped "Microsoft" too and just has them as "Word 2013", "PowerPoint 2013", etc.

It's like they finally gave in and just decided to use the common names instead of the OUR LEGAL DEPARTMENT SAYS WE HAVE TO USE ALL THE TRADEMARKS names
  • In my ideal nation, telecoms, public utilites (power/water/gas), healthcare, postal service, railways, and prisons would all be government-run

But I can't think of any place I could feasibly move where at least some of those thing aren't privatized
    Centie for president!

But you're already princess, which I guess is better?
  • Princess President.
    Haven said:

In my ideal nation, telecoms, public utilites (power/water/gas), healthcare, postal service, railways, and prisons would all be government-run

But I can't think of any place I could feasibly move where at least some of those thing aren't privatized
    Centie for president!

But you're already princess, which I guess is better?
    Yay Haven agrees with me! So I'm not horribly off the mark with that one.

*gives Haven some tea from the Princess's secret stash*
    Princessident.
    also i would prefer all those things to be government run

and i want that for england, but i don't think that will happen in my lifetime
  • Secret tea! The best tea.

It seems like you always visit Michigan in the early spring, AU. The freeze/thaw cycles do a number on pavement that time of year.

It's not that. Michigan's roads truly are bad.
    Haven said:

Secret tea! The best tea.

And if you add an "m" it becomes Secret Team!

what's maddening is that there was a time, not that long before i was born, when all those things were government-run in the UK

back when there were a host of other social problems, sure

but it's like things were starting to be better, and then the Thatcherites came along and sold off everything

we had the makings of something good, and idk if we'll ever get it back
    Tachyon said:

but it's like things were starting to be better, and then the Thatcherites came along and sold off everything

we had the makings of something good, and idk if we'll ever get it back

If it makes you feel any better, this is how I (and from what I can tell, a lot of others) feel about the Reagan administration over here.