The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• We can do anything if we do it together.
    Castaneda withdrew from public view in 1973 to work further on his inner development, living in a large house with three women whom he called "Fellow Travellers of Awareness", and who were ready to cut their ties to family and changed their names. He founded Cleargreen, an organization that promoted tensegrity, purportedly a traditional Toltec regimen of spiritually powerful exercises.
    He was totally using the Internet to communicate with random college students in the 1990s.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Panurge said:

Guys I just e-mailed Thomas Pynchon, and he told me that I am the smartest person he has ever known.

He also told me Imi has appreciated his art like no other.
  • kill living beings
    tensegrity is cool and doesn't mean that
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Panurge said:

Panurge said:

Guys I just e-mailed Thomas Pynchon, and he told me that I am the smartest person he has ever known.

He also told me Imi has appreciated his art like no other.
    YES

I AM VALIDATED
  • leave my 8rainpeople alone you 8rainpeople 8otherers
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    The aggressive, desperate hype for Fury Road has inclined me to not seeing the movie out of spite.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i haven't seen it and have no interest in making you see it, but that doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Fury Road itself

i mean, you won't punish the movie by not seeing it, you'll just miss out on a movie you might have otherwise liked
  • i have finished Mort(e)
    The aggressive, desperate hype for Fury Road has inclined me to not seeing the movie out of spite.
    1431967859-madmax-guitar.gif
  • Who WOULDN'T wanna 8e arachnid-themed, that's the question. ::::P

My recuperacoon aw8s so it is 8edtime for Spidertrolls.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    I'm sure it's a pretty good movie, and I might like it.

But if I see it, and I like it, I'll have to join the group of people who annoy me in their evangelizing, and I don't want that.
    Myr, that shit is exactly what I'm talking about.
    The doof is cool. The flaming guitar is cool. That enormous ridiculous performance is cool.

But it doesn't change my feelings. It can't make my deep-seated resentment and frustration at certain kinds of people go away. Trying to ignore it makes it worse.

When I no longer feel these things, I will watch the damn movie.
  • there is something sharp diggin into my back but im too lazy to move
  • my life is wooooeeeeeeeee
  • unendinggggg woooeeeeee
    MachSpeed said:

I'm sure it's a pretty good movie, and I might like it.

But if I see it, and I like it, I'll have to join the group of people who annoy me in their evangelizing, and I don't want that.
    Oh.

So it's like Gurren Lagann
    I guess! I liked Gurren Lagann at the time, so I was probably one of those people, but I don't remember.
    I remember a big "takedown" of a bunch of SA mods, and the entry for the anime forum mod was basically just about him once saying he liked an anime better than Gurren Lagann.

Like, really.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    in reply to the mention of Disney's reported Night on Bald Mountain movie project from way earlier:

I mean I really really like Gurren Lagann. A third of the gods in Sutra Stories are visually based on that mecha look.

Unrelatedly, my younger brother is playing Splatoon, and is having fun with it.
    It's fine to like GL, it's just the fandom surrounding it is kind of toxic.
  • Panurge said:

Then I flew off to Nicaragua to save the President's daughter

I want to make a Guacamelee joke here.

Panurge said:

Then I flew off to Nicaragua to save the President's daughter

I want to make a Guacamelee joke here.
    You are allowed
  • I kinda hate Hummingbird's "Trending groups" feature.

The latest selection of Trending groups:

* Photoshoppers
    * Foot Fetish Club
    * Holy Booty Empire

This is the space that at one point advertised a group called "dirty loli buttsecks pomf =3".
    milk
  • Thankfully, the group by that name (which itself might be illegal in some jurisdictions) was soon shut down by the mods.
    pomf
  • pomf

the only thing this is good for is a TF2 hitsound to annoy the fuck out of anyone else who uses your machine or sits near you
  • i think i might have finally gotten over my long spell of not reading much

chewing through a hefty novel seems to have reawoken my THIRST FOR BOOKS MUAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA
    Embedded image permalink

Uppercase and lowercase cat
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    lc&U
  • [story details of Order of Ecclesia, followed by...]
    Events of Judgment

Note: The following events are from Castlevania Judgment and its canonical merits are uncertain.

While in the midst of her quest, Shanoa was approached by a
    stranger. He introduced himself as Aeon and welcomed her to a rift in
    time.

...and then no one gave a fuck anymore.
    pomf
  • What is the name of that song that goes mama mama ma ma ma?

About 22,500,000 results (0.56 seconds)

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Panurge said:

Embedded image permalink

Now you've got me imagining some alien who describes babies as "lowercase people"

Panurge said:

Embedded image permalink

Now you've got me imagining some alien who describes babies as "lowercase people"
    That's a good idea, let's do that
    spruce goose.
  • watched Friday's episode of the daily show

featured a presidential hopeful (Lincoln Chafee) being compared to Franklin Pierce and another (Jebediah Bush) being compared to a jar of mayoinaise.

Good show.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    lincoln chafee announced his candidacy to a room that wasn't even half full
  • fight. dream. horse. love.
    looks like it's one of those "stay up stupidly late and listen to songs from your adolescence and think about where you went wrong" nights
  • edited 2015-06-07 06:00:51
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I've always been wrong! The question is "how do I get right?"
  • looks like it's one of those "stay up stupidly late and listen to songs from your adolescence and think about where you went wrong" nights

big boy still pushin' big wheels.
    Calica said:

lincoln chafee announced his candidacy to a room that wasn't even half full

his campaign platform is "the metric system is good"
  • edited 2015-06-07 16:06:42

I forget if I mentioned this already, but there's gonna be a new Muppets TV show. I'm cuatiously optimistic.
  • fight. dream. horse. love.

not what I had in mind, but still gud
  • is that the version with Lil Boosie on it cuz that's the good version
  • edited 2015-06-07 10:21:00
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

I forget if I mentioned this already, but there's gonna be a new Muppets TV show. I'm cuatiously optimistic.

me too