The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• edited 2015-06-02 08:00:09
    the fad took on the following form:

* blurry background
    * vehicle in foreground
    * vehicle ridden by fast food mascot
    * speech bubble from said mascot, with text "[internet speak acronym], internet"
    * music: looped small but melodically distinctive snippet of eurobeat song

this was the rule for mutating this meme
  • mutating memes is like mad libs

but doable by one person

and if you make all the new things line up you get props
  • also i got to discover eurobeat through this
  • the snowclones on this forum are a _little_ bit lazy at times, but that's mainly only because I just snowclone the title and then make the OP contents relevant to to the new title on the off chance that it might actually become a legit thread

because there are extra points for a snowclone thread becoming a legit thread
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i honestly never had a problem with snowclones, really

i can sorta understand how it's annoying if they start to take up the whole front page

but a title is just a title, i don't see the difference between a snowclone and any other random thread
  • edited 2015-06-02 08:12:53
    [Method of departure], [vocative case of unpleasant entity or item]!  You don't belong in this [location or setting of interest]!

It was not by my [means available to unpleasant entity or item] that I am one again [relevant way of phrasing "granted presence", preferably in fancy wording].  I was [brought into being or presence] by [other, potentially scapegoat entity] who wished to [motive of potential scapegoat entity that would have resulted in bringing unpleasant entity or item into being, including a noun].

[That noun]?!  You [unpleasant verb] [valuable noun, likely plural], and make [pronoun referring to valuable noun] your [descriptor, plural if valuable noun was plural, usually implying subservience]!

Perhaps the same could be said of all [relevant context or narrative type, plural].

Your [relevant common means of unpleasant entity or item] are as empty as your [philosophical meaning or spiritually-significant thing].  [Collective noun, often scapegoat, usually ending in "-kind"] ill needs a [noun for provider of relevant service allegedliy provided by unpleasant entity or item] such as you!

WHAT IS A [singular noun, often scapegoat]?!  A(n) [usually disdainful adjective toward singular noun] [adjective toward singular noun] pile of [noun associated with plural noun].  But enough talk...have at you!!
  • I actually enjoyed that conversation unironically.

I still do.
  • Tachyon said:

i honestly never had a problem with snowclones, really

i can sorta understand how it's annoying if they start to take up the whole front page

but a title is just a title, i don't see the difference between a snowclone and any other random thread

One problem with this latest round is that I haven't figured out a pattern for it, other than spaced letters.

I chalked it up to including "a r e" somewhere in the title, but even that no longer holds true.
    i considered 'w a t e r w a v e' but i figured i was kind of late to the party
  • Tachyon said:

i considered 'w a t e r w a v e' but i figured i was kind of late to the party

If you did I'd have posted a video of Wave Man's stage.
    this is rather meta isn't it?

m e t a w a v e
    this is rather metal isn't it? (no)

m e t a l w a v e
    i wonder if metalwave is a real genre
    two metalheads sitting round a tiny table with a tablecloth, sipping darjeeling from china teacups

'i say old boy, this is rather metal, isn't it?'
    'rather!'
  • They'd have to be alumin(i)um teacups.
    w a t e r b a s k e t e v e r y b o d y
  • edited 2015-06-02 08:29:33
    v a p e [censored] e v e r y d a y ?

v a p e [ c e n s o r e d ] e v e r y d a y ?
  • edited 2015-06-02 08:31:16
    so ti la re

so la ti so

ti so la re

re la ti so

do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do
    do

aluminium teacups would be unpleasant i think
    welp

time to go back to my wholly productive and successful existence
    in which i am a doctor

and can fly
  • you mean that one where i'm a mid-level leader of a team of political/policy warriors, armed with a diverse set of physical and magical combat and other skills, taking on missions that advance our cause and helping our allies?
  • oh, also, in love with and dating a significant other of similar rank and complementary expertise
  • i'd probably be some combination of rogue and wizard, since i like sneaking around and suck at direct /confrontations lol

would be nice to date collaborate with someone who had big splashy magic and could distract the enemy while i used surreptitious spells to undermine their forces from behind or something
  • edited 2015-06-02 09:24:10
    fighting small battles to gain territory bit by bit vs. fighting large battles to gain significant swaths of resources in one go
    well tbh that was just supposed to be an 'i'm out' sort of post; i assumed everyone went to bed

i never really saw the appeal of having a SO

and i don't think leadership would suit me very well
    i fell in love in a dream once, i think

maybe, anyway.  i don't really know what that means or how it feels

it wasn't a deep spiritual thing, just, contentedness, enjoying being in somebody's company purely for its own sake, and knowing that he enjoyed my company in the same way

this is sad, isn't it?

possible boys
    that there will be my epitaph

the whole post, word for word

and it will serve me right
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    Tachyon said:

i fell in love in a dream once, i think

maybe, anyway.  i don't really know what that means or how it feels

it wasn't a deep spiritual thing, just, contentedness, enjoying being in somebody's company purely for its own sake, and knowing that he enjoyed my company in the same way

this is sad, isn't it?

possible boys

it's not sad.  it is what it is.  some people don't find romance.
    i guess.  this isn't even really upsetting, it's just . . . "a thing", whatever that means

thank you for the reassurance

and belatedly, happy birthday!  how was it?
  • I smell of vinegar and got hit in the finger by the lid of a small vinegar rocket.

Occupational hazards.
  • edited 2015-06-02 11:42:29
    It seems the event soured your on-the-job experience.

(sorry, I couldn't resist)
  • I'm used to the smell now, and my finger has stopped swelling.

And I have a parcel waiting for me at home :D

• also if u are a samplist of any stripe and wanna be original just sample the shit out of ripped Youtube videos

the only other guy who does that is Party Supplies and he's trying to become a rock singer now or something.
    i'd like to do this again.

Haven't done anything particularly novel with samples in ages
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    No, they were thinking how pissed they were that they were out of work.
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    And other, sundry frustrations.
  • kill living beings
    i feel like kind of a putz saying i drink hard liquor and not beer, but that's how it is
  • kill living beings
    it's like, i like fruit juice, i'll stick with fruit juice. if it's also a psychoactive fire hazard, even better
  • i think that Homura would appreciate To The Moon
  • My dreams exceed my real life

I am still not enjoying my vacation, but I love this song oh my god
    i think To the Moon is good and more people should play it
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Steven Universe is full of subtle jabs and references to obscure stuff. It's great.
    Hey Tachyon, have you heard about The Northern Caves?
    no

what's that?
    Particle Tach, particle Tach
    Doing the things a particle can
    What're they like? It's not important
    Particle Tach
    Are they a dot, or are they  a speck?
    When they're underwater do they get wet?
    Or does the water get them instead?
    Nobody knows, Particle Tach

Panurge said:

So I don't know where to put this, but Nostalgebraist who gets posted here from Tumblr now and again has been working on a work of fiction called The Northern Caves.

It's kind of a House of Leaves/Pale Fire type of deal where it's presented as an analysis of a work of fiction that doesn't exist, but in this case it's a fan forum analyzing the baffling final work of a cult fantasy writer. 

It's pretty interesting and not like much I've seen before, so check it out.
    second. it's like pale fire for people who know what fandom wank is.

Show previous quotes on that.