The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• Calica said:

they're still better than blue, other blue, and some other blue

also these aren't even ijbm's colors

i think you'll find that blue is in fact a good color
    it's a workable color but things should have different colors differentiating different features, which this theme (poppy) does better in my opinion
  • it is -11 outside, which expalins why it's so cold in here

it doesnot explain why i woke up at 5:40 in the morning tho

im gonna try sleeping again
  • edited 2015-02-23 12:08:16
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    It keeps trying to snow and then giving up.
  • Sup bitches, witches, Haters, and trolls.
    danbooru replaced the "trap" tag with "otoko no ko" but retained the "reverse trap" tag.  sigh
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I'd almost forgotten how much better I liked this color scheme

There are a few cosmetic issues with borders and such, though...maybe I'll tweak it and send Lee a copy of the updated CSS
  • Also, I find it funny how where nerd culture in America seems to be anywhere from grudgingly tolerant to hysterically opposition towards the whole furry thing, a good chunk of European comics revolve around funny animal characters doing not-so-humorous things and nobody really seems to care, to the point that it even seeps into mainstream pop culture. I guess it has to do with the evolution of the form and the nature of the American/Anglophone Internet, among other things.

And to be honest I'm a bit jelly: I write characters how they see them, and some of those characters happen to be cat folk and elephant shrews in fezzes, and I'd rather not be brushed off as not serious or purely pandering to fetishes solely for that fact.
    i am not a huge comics reader but i just found out about Bryan Talbot's grandville series and i really wanna read it. Talbot generally owns and i found out about it in an article which seemed generally oblivious to any 'furry' view of it. for Talbot it's just a shorthand for externally conveying what a character is like on the inside (he gave the great example of a snooty French waiter being a cod) and there's i guess more of a tradition of this in Europe what with 19th century cartoonists basically using anthropomorphized animals for the same effect and also tenniels illustrations of Alice in wonderland (which got a shoutout in the article and which Talbot is drawing from)

i think perhaps it helps that these are physically published graphic novels rather than the internet; i blame the Internet's vast and incredibly creative aptitude for sexualizing absolutely everything

anyway you should read Talbot's Alice in Sunderland which owns
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Grandville's great.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    IT'S BACK!  THE OLD COLORS ARE BACK!
  • kill living beings
    Calica said:

danbooru replaced the "trap" tag with "otoko no ko" but retained the "reverse trap" tag.  sigh

rip transmen
  • i had gotten used to the other colours more, but as a fan of indeterminate greeny-blue teal colours, i like this theme
    thank u wiley for this advice
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Days and Y&R are still running, and I get the feeling that's because Sony refuses to cancel them. :lol:
    I think with the soaps they just cycle actors in and out
  • edited 2015-02-23 18:33:51
    BEWARE OF GRRL!
    lee4hmz said:

Days and Y&R are still running, and I get the feeling that's because Sony refuses to cancel them. :lol:

And unlike TeleNext Media (the entity that vanished once CBS canned GL and ATWT) and the ABC network itself (who produced all of ABC's soaps, including AMC and OLTL), Sony is an outside producer and one of the only ones that could be considered a heavyweight. They're an important programming supplier for all the major networks, aside from their in-house/co-owned studios (ABC Studios - which of course used to be Touchstone Television and is a separate thing from the in-house studio I was talking about - along with Fox's 20th Century Fox Television, NBC's Universal Television, and CBS Television Studios, the former Paramount Television)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    I'm ok with these colors.

The best old-timey soap opera is All My Children, natch
    Yeah, it seems like SPT has things going just about everywhere, whereas the captive TV studios typically stick to their own networks these days with ona few exceptions (Modern Family is one I can think of right off). 

The closest thing to its own TV network that Sony has in the US is Crackle, and that probably doesn't count because it's Internet-only.
    preppy valley dweebs
    I thought AMC had the prettiest theme song when I was little. Almost as nice as that middle part of the Days theme they hardly ever play anymore.
    I told her to cut the tough act
    well, I'm off to work, hooray
  • lee4hmz said:

Yeah, it seems like SPT has things going just about everywhere, whereas the captive TV studios typically stick to their own networks these days with ona few exceptions (Modern Family is one I can think of right off). 

The closest thing to its own TV network that Sony has in the US is Crackle, and that probably doesn't count because it's Internet-only.
    TCF TV is still pretty big; though they of course crank out lots of shows for Fox, they do several for other networks too.

Warner Bros. Television would count as a producer with an associated network if WB owned The CW outright (and if TBS and TNT counted), but WB, like Sony, is considered an "independent" studio that sells everywhere.
    Is The CW even doing much these days? I haven't heard much buzz about them in a while.
  • DC Comics shows; they're trying to set up a universe around Arrow and The Flash. Otherwise nothing of note, aside from Supernatural shambling on to please Tumblrites
  • edited 2015-02-23 19:32:42
    THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    Ah, I see. I never really got the appeal of Supernatural aside from the leads being ZOMG SO HOTT. And that was, like, years ago.
    (2015 self)
    See, we need to use object orientation to incentivise our meritocracy, if we want to have a customer-centered paradigm for our edutainment media.
  • This color scheme doesn't hurt my eyes as much as the other one did. Please keep this one.
  • is it still productive if instead of the work i'm supposed to be doing i ended up writing a poem instead
  • We can do anything if we do it together.
    lee4hmz said:

Ah, I see. I never really got the appeal of Supernatural aside from the leads being ZOMG SO HOTT. And that was, like, years ago.

I remember Supernatural being pretty good for what it was a few years ago.

I've heard that it's jumped the shark since then, though, which makes the sudden Tumblr fandom that's formed around it kinda perverse.
  • sudden? i thought its weird fandom had been going on for years
  • I just toyed with a player in SSF4 so cruelly that they ragequit.

Nietzsche wasn't kidding about the abyss malarkey, let me tell you
  • kill living beings
    punch myself in the neck
  • edited 2015-02-23 21:18:11
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    So, MapFight.

It is bugging me.

Someone must have put in Japan as being ten times its actual size, because there is no way that Japan is as big as Germany and a little smaller than Montana.

No, Japan is supposed to be england-size.  Tiny.

Japan is not supposed to be over half the size of Texas, dang it.  Texas is huge.

Dang it, now they'll be telling me that Greenland isn't bigger than Africa.
    (2015 self)
    GRAH MAH UPPER LATITUDE PRIVILEGE IS BEING THREATENED BY ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS OF SIZE.

HOW THE HECK IS PAPA NEW GUINEA LARGER THAN IDAHO?
    (2015 self)
    and what the heck, Norway and Vietnam are the same size?
    sunn wolf said:

sudden? i thought its weird fandom had been going on for years

it has; if its tumblr fandom seems sudden it's more that tumblr itself had a sudden surge in popularity
    GRAH MAH UPPER LATITUDE PRIVILEGE IS BEING THREATENED BY ACCURATE MEASUREMENTS OF SIZE.

HOW THE HECK IS PAPA NEW GUINEA LARGER THAN IDAHO?
    google maps uses the mercator because it's the only projection that does the two following things right:
    1. north is up
    2. angles on the globe are angles on the map
    these are important if you're google maps and thus mostly work on a local level where you want to see the streets and you want a street map to look like a local street map would, with north being up and more importantly with an off-north grid looking like a proper grid instead of a weird skewed grid that a non-conformal projection would get you.

in fact, if you had to dump a requirement, i'd dump #1 instead of #2 and then just use a projection that has the most size distortion in places where there's no land.  like the quincunxial, that one's a nice mindfuck if you're unaware of elliptic curves
    and as far as social things go, the answer to that isn't to use a damn equal-area projection, and especially not an equal-area projection that ends up having the least distortion basically where europe is (*coughpeterscough* sorry i've been coming down with a cold the last couple days) because you probably don't care about the social welfare of patches of dirt, you care about the social welfare of people, and taiwan has as many people as australia already, use a dang cartogram
  • The old color scheme!!!!!
  • edited 2015-02-23 21:55:44
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    imageThis is what I grew up with.

But really, Greenland is like, seven percent of Africa's size.

I know I've done this before, but it still blows my mind.
  • kill living beings
    Aliroz said:

Someone must have put in Japan as being ten times its actual size, because there is no way that Japan is as big as Germany and a little smaller than Montana.

No, Japan is supposed to be england-size.  Tiny.

Japan is not supposed to be over half the size of Texas, dang it.  Texas is huge.
    lol couple days back i saw a 1944 thing that mentioned japan being nearly the size of montana and i was like what? no, it's california and long story short i'm silly
  • OK Mike whatever you say lol , are you sure hour not in Boston I spoke to the person who ran the show in Boston last year. If you let some little kid influence you over a pre order then we don’t want to be a your show ,Ill be on the floor anyway so come find me , I’m born and raised in Boston I know the people who run the city inside and out watch the way you talk to people you never know who they know it’s a small industry and everyone knows everyone. Your acting like a douchbag not that it matters pax east pax west , e3 , CES , Gamer Con , SSXW ,Comic Con, Germany I’m all over the place. If we want to be there we will be there with industry badges or with a booth you think I can’t team up with turtle beach , Callibur or Koy Christmas , I can’t get Kevin Kelly to pull some strings or G4 , Paul Eibler Ex CEO of take 2 , Rich Larocco Konami , Cliff Blizinski Epic who were working with on a gears version , Activision who were working with on a MW3 and Spider man Bundle , The Convention Center Owners themselves , Mayor of Boston come on Bud you run a show that’s all you do and lease a center in Cities you have no pull in its all about who you know not what you do. I’ll see space where ever I want , with who I want when I want and where I want so many ways around you and so many connections in this industry its silly. Anyway , I have no issue with you Sean Buckley Engadget, Scott Lowe IGN and the list goes on and on. Little kids unhappy with a PRE ORDER starting trouble and you email that to us , he’s a customer unless you’re his boyfriend then you should side with the company not the customer. Be Careful
    This man used to own an actual company. How.
  • how have i never heard of this before
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    Aliroz said:

See, we need to use object orientation to incentivise our meritocracy, if we want to have a customer-centered paradigm for our edutainment media.