The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Last month's Windows 8.1 update renamed the "SkyDrive" app to "OneDrive", which, ok fine

But it also changed it so the C:\Users\Alice\SkyDrive\ directory shows up in Explorer as "OneDrive"

I hate this whole "let's show different names in Explorer than actually exist on the file system" bullshit

I know they're trying to cover their asses with the whole trademark thing, but still
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The Jojo thread on SA is discussing whether naming an orangutan after a Wu-Tang album was racist.

Dude, just say "orangutan" and then say "wu-tang"

It's a pun. They sound alike
  • Odradek said:

The Jojo thread on SA is discussing whether naming an orangutan after a Wu-Tang album was racist.

they do?
  • Last month's Windows 8.1 update renamed the "SkyDrive" app to "OneDrive", which, ok fine

But it also changed it so the C:\Users\Alice\SkyDrive\ directory shows up in Explorer as "OneDrive"

I hate this whole "let's show different names in Explorer than actually exist on the file system" bullshit

I know they're trying to cover their asses with the whole trademark thing, but still
    This mostly puts me in the mood of when I was trying to restore after my computer was reimaged and it completely broke and the user directories got completely fucked
  • Odradek said:

they do?
    i guess it depends on whether you pronounce it "o-rang-oo-tan" or o-rang-u-tang"

Odradek said:

they do?
    This is why Tang had an orangutan mascot.
    Furthermore, Wu-Tang ain't nothing to fuck with, and neither is this
    Forever.jpg
  • the way microsoft deals with user accounts makes no sense
  • -calica said:

Last month's Windows 8.1 update renamed the "SkyDrive" app to "OneDrive", which, ok fine

This mostly puts me in the mood of when I was trying to restore after my computer was reimaged and it completely broke and the user directories got completely fucked
    this is the stupidest shit ever uuggghhhhhhhh -.-
    Get Into Dadcore

Dads love activities. Most of them require getting up at a reasonable hour in order to take advantage of the sun or commute long distances because Dadcore activities require a lot of big empty spaces that urban areas don't offer. Dadcore is comprised, but not limited to: painting the house, fishing, stand-up paddleboarding, looking at maps, reading Ayn Rand novels, watching Liam Neeson films, finding and documenting interesting tax write-offs, listening to music on FLAC, taking Propecia, having ringtones and having separate ringtones for your mom and work. Whatever degree of Dadcore you want to commit to, it will most certainly require you to be sober and alert. The best incentive to not go out tonight is to plan some dadtivities for tomorrow morning.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    You know what's always amusing? When a baby is crying and it turns out all they needed was to fart.
    Louis Armstrong: trolling antinatalists since 1967
  • Odradek said:

and I think to myself

what an inherently meaningless and ultimately futile world

Odradek said:

and I think to myself

what an inherently meaningless and ultimately futile world
    Did u know that it's possible to make despairing art without sucking?

It's true!
  • i don't know what you're talking about but it seems sad

https://www.thebureaubelfast.com/shop/2162/indigo-cozy-hat

have a cozy hat
  • samsung need to turn the fuck down yo
    Things Centie wants to save up for:

• Anonymous Avenue Meetup 2: Cuddles Forever
    • CA/Section meetup (Yay Canada!)
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    are you serious about that last one?
    Why wouldn't I be?
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    because i'm too possessive ._.
  • edited 2014-05-16 18:53:30
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Samsung Galaxy Chocolate.

Also, seeing Ars Technica of all sites complaining about ads is hilarious.
    Anonus said:

because i'm too possessive ._.

Aww, don't be jealous

Just because I have other friends doesn't mean you're not my best friend anymore!

And hey, you should meet up with Bobby or something
  • a PA Heaper meetup is actually among the most feasible, yet I don't think any of us who live here really have designs on the idea.
  • edited 2014-05-16 18:58:54
    We can do anything if we do it together.
    I hope me and SFS can get our school situations sorted out enough to be able to meet up with each other sometime next summer.

I hope me and SFS can get our school situations sorted out enough to be able to meet up with each other sometime next summer.
    I wish you both the best of luck!
  • We can do anything if we do it together.

I wish you both the best of luck!
    Danke!
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    I never get to meet up with Yarrun.

Or Shichibukai.

Kelmo (sometimes called Kelmo the Mad, or the Laughing Vampire) is a vampire lord pre-dating the Dead Wars and some believe the Age of Strife altogether. 

One of the Ancient Rumeskans, it is believed that he belongs to the Original Six, and thus is one of the former generals of Virgilus the Iron Wolf, though some scholars claim historial evidence of Kelmo already being a vampire before Virgilius’ descent into darkness, and some even go as far as claiming that he turned Virgilius himself, and not the other way around. This would make Kelmo the oldest vampire on historical record, and would defy the theory that all vampires came from Virgilius.

Very little is known about Kelmo with certainty, but as an ancient vampire he should be at least as vastly powerful as the rest of his rumeskan kin was. Indeed, the few vampires of his age left (if any) would already be eldritch monstrosities that could level entire regions if awoken, yet the fact that he has remained relatively active in the shadows and on the sidelines of all the great conflicts only makes him more enigmatic, and even calls into question his classification as a vampire.

A recent theory suggests that Kelmo has a very specific talent: the ability to drain the living of their grip on reality. It’s not the first time it is suggested that some varieties of vampire feed on emotions and life-force as much as they do on blood, yet his would be very specific even by those standards. Scholars theorize that he is so old that his true vampire form is too taxing on physical reality to actually exist outside of the Astral Plane, and thus he has to actually warp people’s minds around him for them to ‘accept’ that he still has a sustainable humanoid form, driving them insane in the process. Others believe he is actually an Astral Entity created by people’s collective fear and insanity, and the form of a vampire is only incidental, as it is a very accurate representation of madness and terror. 

Naney, can we have an ageless reality-warping vampire in our campaign? Please?

• Aliroz said:

Huh. I was just thinking about the logistics of that.

If all goes well, I'll be getting paid for being a productive member of society at some point in the next month, so I'd be able to start saving for it.

I can definitely start saving for a PA meet-up.
  • where is it from?

also probably not, although some of that description is... inspiring.
  • cool!

I am working more on the campaign now as i don't have school now, but i'm also studying for the ACT im taking in early June...
  • cool!

I am working more on the campaign now as i don't have school now, but i'm also studying for the ACT im taking in early June...

I'm just glad we're still going forward on this.

ignatius has his character done for the most part, by the way. It's just a matter of me bugging him enough to post it in the thread.
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Cats: One of the worst races in Crawl.
  • caaaaaat

Onyx is an enormous sleepyhead. He's still sleeping right now.
  • our other cats are Ebonie, who we are giving away to a farm soon, and Shaggi, who is a huge bitch but loves anyone who will give her milk.
  • Cats: One of the worst races in Crawl.

Felids--I'm told--are decent if you're an advanced player, since they cut down on the number of options you have, and thus eliminate opportunities to screw up.

This is secondhand information though.
  • edited 2014-05-16 20:24:59
    image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    To quote Henzell (one of the crawl bots):

<\Echo> this game wants my felid dead <+Zannick> all games want your felid dead

(But yeah, Felids are generally considered one of the hardest races in the game, alongside Mummies, Demigods, Octopodes, and Formicids.)
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    mooooooooooooooo!
  • LWLW
    edited 2014-05-16 20:34:09

This is super silly, but I find the idea of Heaper meetups kind of interesting. Though I would probably never go to one of them for obvious reasons, I think doing them (whether in PA or elsewhere) could be sort of neat.

In other news, I found this interview about "privilege" pretty informative. It definitely helped me understand the concept better, so I figured it might be worth sharing with Heapers.
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)

Aliroz said:

Huh. I was just thinking about the logistics of that.

If all goes well, I'll be getting paid for being a productive member of society at some point in the next month, so I'd be able to start saving for it.

I can definitely start saving for a PA meet-up.

I'd rather go visit Pennsylvania, but my family won't like me going off to visit someone I have never met in person.

My family tends to go on vacations sometimes in some summers, though. If there was a possible meet up in that, maybe in a year or two. I, too, am getting a job and will be saving up for a get together.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    Pennsylvania meetup's a possibility for me, for obvious reasons