• Smee, Maiman, Doktar, Pavelier, Button-Lee, Juan Ovyu
    Gee I wonder what that mysterious word is
    Gee I wonder what that mysterious word is

folking
    Fuoked?
    Fwking?
    Fueking?
  • i suspect it's a naughty no-no word that some people might find highly triggering
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    funked
    fweking
    floking
    it never ends
  • where are all these censored tumblr screencaps from
    Imgur
  • Ol' Witch of The Rake
    I just filled out my FAFSA

what a slog
    Anonus said:

Anonus said:

I was at McDonald's yesterday

I took pics

You should snap some yourself
    I could take a picture of myself with my webcam, but I think I'll not do that.

Selfies will be suspended until I can do before/after pics with my new glasses I'm getting in a few days
    well I meant pictures of the décor anyway...
    it's a standard McCafe' model. Nothing special here.

the one my mom works at still has that quickly-deprecated sports bar look they had for a little while.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    I need to get my FAFSA done, myself...waiting on Dad to dig out the tax information >_<
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    The relic McDonald'ses seem to be disappearing
  • Ol' Witch of The Rake
    Anonus said:

that's because Corporate mandates what all McDonalds' are supposed to look like. The only reason that one is still how it is is because the guy who owns it (Joseph Panny) also owns a construction company and can thus afford to pay the fines he gets for not updating the interior.
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022
    Anonus said:

It saddens me

#fastfoodfeels
    I wonder if hashtags work reliably in Vanilla 2.1
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    I knew there was a mandate on décor, but they fine people for not updating?

I guess that's how they enforce that
  • ...And even when your hope is gone
    move along, move along, just to make it through
    (2015 self)
    Kexruct said:

Watched about halfish of Frozen. It's really good. Don't feel like defending it or arguing about it, though. Just don't feel like devoting the emotional energy to it. The movie's good, dammit, and no, the fact that the one guy rides a reindeer is not perpetuating a harmful stereotype (that's not an exaggeration; I really did see that claim)

Seriously, people think that that perpetuates a stereotype?
  • Kexruct said:

Watched about halfish of Frozen. It's really good. Don't feel like defending it or arguing about it, though. Just don't feel like devoting the emotional energy to it. The movie's good, dammit, and no, the fact that the one guy rides a reindeer is not perpetuating a harmful stereotype (that's not an exaggeration; I really did see that claim)

You've failed me, Kex. Failed me. 

Faaaaaail.ed
    (2015 self)
    You mean

Faaaaaail.edu
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    Frozen is... a fantasy CG movie by Disney? I don't get it.
  • imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    i'd quite like to see it

Yarrun has not seen it, but despises it
  • kill living beings
    Tachyon said:

Babies seem to have two states:

Screaming their heads off

and perfectly content
    you forgot vomiting on relatives
    she already said "perfectly content"
  • I don't like "Let it Go".

The rest of the movie is merely mediocre, as far as I can tell. "Let it Go" is slavishly mediocre.
    Let It Go is lovely.
    No, that's too mild.

Let It Go is glorious and makes me want to sing along with it.
  • edited 2014-04-29 18:05:06
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it, but I saw it with my cousins Toe and Jed.

I would enjoy Ferngully 2, if I watched it with them.

I would, in fact, enjoy any movie, whatsoever, so long as I watched it with them.

It has nothing to do with quality or how good the movie is or how much I'd like it on my own, and it has everything to do with how dang fun the experience of watching movies with my cousins is.

SO, my opinion on this movie is disqualified.  Same with my opinion on the MIramax butchery of The THief and The Cobbler, the movie How To Train Your Dragon, and Mister Bean's Holiday, and the 4kids version of One Piece, and the movie My Neighbor Totoro, and the episodes of Cowboy Bebop I saw with them.
  • kill living beings
    oh! that's your signature thing! wow i thought you were just posting it in every thread. now it's only mostly obnoxious

as for me i'm... fuck the fucking thing fucked up brb
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.
    I am still super confused about what Frozen is and why it's bad?
    I agreed to no such thing Yarrun.  Nobody is allowed to disagree with me, ever.

Or alternatively, we did, and I am just expressing my opinion since the topic came up.
    Miko said:

It's bad because it's a big Disney movie that lots of people talked about and other people got sick of hearing about it, and because the songs aren't good enough and the art style is weird and it's full of white people and someone rides a reindeer

so like, lots of reasons depending on the preferences of different tumblr people
  • kill living beings
    this is not at 4 pCa you piece of trash (which i wrote)
  • edited 2014-04-29 18:07:15
    imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    You probably wanted Yarrun's opinion, not my summary of other people's opinions

WELL TOO BAD
    Tachyon said:

Miko said:

It's bad because it's a big Disney movie that lots of people talked about and other people got sick of hearing about it, and because the songs aren't good enough and the art style is weird and it's full of white people and someone rides a reindeer

so like, lots of reasons depending on the preferences of different tumblr people
    I laughed out loud when I read this post. ^_^
  • THIS MACHINE KILLS FASCISTS
    I remember when Linkara used that as his "I have now lost my mind" song...though, to be fair, he only did it like three times.
  • BE ATTITUDE FOR GAINS

But everybody needed to know about the Combine Harvester song.

It's hilarious.
    I read that as "Columbine Harvester" ...
  • edited 2014-04-29 18:13:16
    ...And even when your hope is gone
    (2015 self)
    Tachyon said:

Miko said:

Full of White People?  But it's supposed to happen in a scandinavia-type place in a certain time period (albeit with talking snowmen, and sentient species of non-humans, and okay yeah I get it).

(If you can have magic, there's no reason to try to stick to reality in other ways if you don't want to.)

The real problem is the total lack of scandinavian accents, because I don't know why. 

I mean, vikings?   scottish accent (Yes, some vikings would have had that, or something similar, but not all.  I guess it's one of those things, like how the ancient romans are always shown with british accents.  Why does Hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon have the american accent that he has?)
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    The miramax version of thief and the cobbler was hilarious when I was eight and my brother was 6.

We thought the thief's antics were funny
  • there are some things that become ubiquitous enough that I am sick of hearing about peoples' opinions on it, positive or negative. Since I do not control the world, this generally results in irritation, at least for me it does.

Frozen reached that state rather quickly.
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

The miramax version of thief and the cobbler was hilarious when I was eight and my brother was 6.

We thought the thief's antics were funny

See, when I watch movies with my cousins Toe and Jed, we automatically become six-to-eight years old for a couple hours.
  • Aliroz said:

Tachyon said:

Miko said:

Full of White People?  But it's supposed to happen in a scandinavia-type place in a certain time period (albeit with talking snowmen, and sentient species of non-humans, and okay yeah I get it).

(If you can have magic, there's no reason to try to stick to reality in other ways if you don't want to.)

The real problem is the total lack of scandinavian accents, because I don't know why. 

I mean, vikings?   scottish accent (Yes, some vikings would have had that, or something similar, but not all.  I guess it's one of those things, like how the ancient romans are always shown with british accents.  Why does Hiccup in How To Train Your Dragon have the american accent that he has?)
    Disney movies are wholly unconcerned with historical accuracy.

The reason people in Disney movies talk and look the way they do is demographic targeting, and nothing else.
  • My dreams exceed my real life
    There are more books to read then can ever be read
    (2015 self)
    Odradek said:

There are more books to read then can ever be read

Yes, but that's why heaven exists, and the afterlife.