The Trash Heap of the Heapers' Hangout

Comments

• imagei will watch the heck outta this pumpkin patch
    it's easy to write a crappy first sentence

Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl and they were going on an adventure and that is what this story will be about.

keep writing from there, then go back and delete the crappy sentence when you're done

delete all the crappy sentences

the hard part is then bringing yourself to keep the ones that are merely mediocre
  • TreTre
    edited 2014-04-20 21:52:10
    @Mo: I know, I'm sorry, I just couldn't find it

we buried the darned thing
  • My dreams exceed my real life

Tre we have a thread for selfies.

I don't really care that much, but, y'know.

I dunno, I feel we needed that.
    sometimes there are gems and you won't want to delete those
    Tachyon said:

Once upon a time there was a boy and a girl and they were going on an adventure and that is what this story will be about.

keep writing from there, then go back and delete the crappy sentence when you're done

the hard part is then bringing yourself to keep the ones that are merely mediocre

Pius XIII stood on the balcony, triumphant. Earlier, when the white smoke had vacated the chimney, not one citizen of FurRome would have bet on a Shibu-Ina to emerge.

nice shirt, Tre
  • ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa
    idk I feel like I could've done without a picture that appears to be a teenager whose face screams "I'm going to lick you up and down whether you like it or not"

no offense Tre
    The stranger rode into town with eyes that said his sixgun would have stories to tell, if it spoke any language other than the guttural tongue of violence.
  • Odradek said:

Tachyon said:

Pius XIII stood on the balcony, triumphant. Earlier, when the white smoke had vacated the chimney, not one citizen of FurRome would have bet on a Shibu-Ina to emerge.

where the fuck do you find these things

The town was built in the lowlands, risking flood, as if the founders dared the mighty mountains surrounding the town by asking for giant rivulets of detritus, saying “Give me them” to the mountains.
    The fast man raced quickly after the other man, while a third man tried to keep pace with the first man.
  • edited 2014-04-20 21:55:37
    ~*tasteless*~
    大學的年同性戀毛皮

aaaaa

As all true prophets know, the lips of fate are tightly sealed, and only the crowbar that is the passing of time can manage to pry them open.
  • Touch the cow. Do it now.
    the first senteeeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnncccccccceeeeeeeee

it's my "KHAAAAAAAAANNNNNNN"
  • idk I feel like I could've done without a picture that appears to be a teenager whose face screams "I'm going to lick you up and down whether you like it or not"

no offense Tre

well shit, i'm sorry
    Odradek said:

As all true prophets know, the lips of fate are tightly sealed, and only the crowbar that is the passing of time can manage to pry them open.

this one made me giggle
  • i'm gonna go curl up into a corner now or something

pic's gone, moved to the thread

l8r
    Anonus said:

well, my worries manifest in feelings that MLP:FIM is way overrated or that 101 is not worth watching

or that I shouldn't watch PPG because of certain questionable episodes (e.g. "Moral Decay" and "The Boys Are Back In Town") or R&B because of the Russian stereotypes

ok, well, on this

i feel that you currently have a bit of a problem with 101, and should probably lay off it for a while, so let's leave that one out

MLP:FIM probably is overrated, but that's a property of the fans more than the show. PPG isn't ruined by the odd bad episode. R&B is kinda of its time but so long as you keep that in mind the dodgy aspects don't invalidate the good parts.
  • edited 2014-04-20 22:01:11
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    ^^ Even with the dodgier aspects, Pottsylvania is more a parody of the Soviet Union and the spy movie clichés associated with it than Russia as a place. I mean, Fearless Leader.

Seriously.
    watching cartoons
    is a worthwhile use of one's time
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

^^ Even with the dodgier aspects, Pottsylvania is more a parody of the Soviet Union and the spy movie clichés associated with it than Russia as a place. I mean, Fearless Leader.

Seriously.
    Not to mention that you kinda have to take in mind the cultural context in which the cartoon was made. I mean, it's a Cold War-era American show, of course it's not going to exactly be fair and accurate in its depiction of the Soviets...
    @Tre you are not a vain asshole

and that was still a nice shirt
  • edited 2014-04-20 22:06:51
    “I'm surprised. Those clothes… but, aren't you…?”
    Not that the Soviet Union was exactly all that great. Maugre the fact that they had universal healthcare, it was a totalitarian state slowly sinking into decay.

But then, people like McCarthy essentially wanted to turn the US into a police state...

Not that the Soviet Union was exactly all that great.

understatement of the century?
    maugre
    is a funny word
  • You are the end result of a “would you push the button” prompt where the prompt was “you have unlimited godlike powers but you appear to all and sundry to be an impetuous child” – Zero, 2022

Not that the Soviet Union was exactly all that great. Maugre the fact that they had universal healthcare, it was a totalitarian state slowly sinking into decay.

But then, people like McCarthy essentially wanted to turn the US into a police state...
    Also good points.
    WATCHING CARTOONS
  • Tachyon said:

@Tre you are not a vain asshole

and that was still a nice shirt

thank

that was the purpose of the pic anyway, I wanted to show it off/get laughed at

guess i achieved both :P
    ANIMATED TELEVISION PRODUCTIONS
  • it occurs to me that many people would consider 340 dollars for an outfit to be a lot of money
    I like to imagine Princess Meredith had a fancy scepter
  • edited 2014-04-20 22:39:05
    Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Anonus said:

sometimes I think everything I like might secretly suck

Everything does suck. And everything is also equally glorious in measure.

It's glorious because it sucks, and it sucks because it is glorious.

Question is, what do you really like about it?
  • image Wee yea erra chs hymmnos mea.
    Casimar grimaced. The glimmering sickle-like crescent of the opaque and illuminated moon sickened him. It reminded him too much of that time. The time he had fought against them, and won. That time when he partook of their sweet scarlet fluids and their tender meats.
    good night
  • edited 2014-04-20 22:44:11
    I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat

Anonus said:

sometimes I think everything I like might secretly suck

Everything does suck. And everything is also equally glorious in measure.

It's glorious because it sucks, and it sucks because it is glorious.

Question is, what do you really like about it?
    R&B: The art style, the rough-but-they-tried animation, the fast-paced writing
    PPG: The art style, its sense of humor
    MLP:FIM: The art style, Rarity being relatable
    101: Cadpig! But I want to obsess over her less. Also Spot, but she never grabbed me as much.

Also, I have a feeling that mentioning 101 with those other shows is like mentioning convenience store nachos in the same sentence as a good restaurant dish or beloved home recipe.
  • odd-order harmonic distortion
    fuzz
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Good night Tachyon.
  • I've learned to tolerate drama...except on the boat
    Also, holy shit it's been a long time since I watched SGC2C
  • Man is a most complex simple creature: see what he weaves, and how base his reasons for doing so.
    Well then there you go.

You like things. And since you like things, they are worthy to be liked.
    ewww
    just sayin'
  • but he's inviting you! :P
  • More people have said that and been killed than there are thorium decay products.

Are you having fun

i did